Horror movies discussion - Guts And Gory: Studying...and studying..... and so on... - Horror movies discussion - Guts And Gory

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Studying...and studying..... and so on...

#1 User is offline   tina chris-hewitt 

• Engineer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Members
  • LocationRuggsville county TX

Posted 17 October 2011 - 05:41 PM

It's official! My brain is burnt. I study all day for a final english exam I'll be giving in a month and I'm kinda... going crazy. :wacko: :leather:
''Huntin' humans? They ain't nothin' but nothin'. They all run like scared little rubbits. Run rabbit run!''
- Otis B. Driftwood

#2 User is offline   Craig 

• Alba Gu Bràth
  • View blog
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 17 October 2011 - 07:51 PM

Keep up the good work, it'll pay of for you in the end.
You Can't Kill The Boogeyman

#3 User is offline   tina chris-hewitt 

• Engineer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 17 October 2011 - 08:21 PM

Thanks Craig!! I hope for the best and the certain thing is that I'll give my best shot. As my teacher says, I'm really good already, but I always try for something better. It'll pay for me in the end for sure.
''Huntin' humans? They ain't nothin' but nothin'. They all run like scared little rubbits. Run rabbit run!''
- Otis B. Driftwood

#4 User is offline   Admiral Ackbar 

• Leviathan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • LocationThe centre of the universe

Posted 17 October 2011 - 08:56 PM

I remember my school days and sometimes miss them, but I prefer having the financial stability of a regular job.

Keep up with the studying, as the job market is much bigger when you have a post secondary education.
It's a trap!

#5 Guest_rob_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 17 October 2011 - 08:59 PM

kill it

#6 User is offline   tina chris-hewitt 

• Engineer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 18 October 2011 - 02:24 PM

Guys thanks so much for your support, it's exactely what I need! :)
- Otis B. Driftwood

#7 User is offline   Jack Frost 

• Banned
  • View blog
  • Group: Veteran
  • LocationPirate Land

Posted 19 October 2011 - 04:19 PM

View Posttina chris-hewitt, on 17 October 2011 - 05:41 PM, said:

It's official! My brain is burnt. I study all day for a final english exam I'll be giving in a month and I'm kinda... going crazy. :wacko: :leather:

Tell me about it... I pass 8 exams in October... fuck Bologna Process, I have 15+ exams per year because of that shit. :leather:
You know you are a true horror fan when someone sees your DVD collection and accuse you of being a Satanist. :wub:

#8 User is offline   tina chris-hewitt 

• Engineer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 19 October 2011 - 06:25 PM

View PostJack Frost, on 19 October 2011 - 04:19 PM, said:

Tell me about it... I pass 8 exams in October... fuck Bologna Process, I have 15+ exams per year because of that shit. :leather:

No kidding...? How do you manage all these Jack? It must be hard as hell...
- Otis B. Driftwood

#9 User is offline   Craig 

• Alba Gu Bràth
  • View blog

Posted 19 October 2011 - 06:31 PM

My wife is the same, always studying with he face stuck in a book every night.

#10 User is offline   tina chris-hewitt 

• Engineer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 19 October 2011 - 07:21 PM

View PostCraig, on 19 October 2011 - 06:31 PM, said:

My wife is the same, always studying with he face stuck in a book every night.

I understand how she must feel. Good luck to her Craig and tell her not to be stressed. To keep up the good work and everything will be just fine.
- Otis B. Driftwood

#11 User is offline   Craig 

• Alba Gu Bràth
  • View blog

Posted 19 October 2011 - 07:46 PM

Thanks Tina :)

#12 User is offline   Lee 

• zombiecoops
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationBolton, Greater Manchester,

Posted 20 October 2011 - 08:33 AM

Ahhh, those hazy days of revision, how I miss them! NOT!

Keep up the hard work Tina, it'll all be worth it in the long run.
"Hey Bub! Wanna learn how to shoot? You puss brain bag of shit!"

#13 User is offline   tina chris-hewitt 

• Engineer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 20 October 2011 - 01:46 PM

Thanks a lot Lee!! You know, you all give me great strength to keep up the good job and I wanna thank you all for that! It's so much appreciated guys! :)
- Otis B. Driftwood

#14 User is offline   Craig 

• Alba Gu Bràth
  • View blog

Posted 20 October 2011 - 04:58 PM

View PostLee, on 20 October 2011 - 08:33 AM, said:

Ahhh, those hazy days of revision, how I miss them! NOT!

I did miss them, to much of skipping shcool in my day lol.

#15 User is offline   Admiral Ackbar 

• Leviathan
  • View blog
  • LocationThe centre of the universe

Posted 20 October 2011 - 08:51 PM

My two years studying journalism were an experiment, as I tried out social drinking and smoking pot. I only ever got drunk once though.

These days, I don't drink, smoke or do drugs, as I have a family to take care of. Plus, my current addiction to caffeine is cheaper then alcohol.
It's a trap!

#16 User is offline   Jack Frost 

• Banned
  • View blog
  • LocationPirate Land

Posted 21 October 2011 - 11:00 PM

View Posttina chris-hewitt, on 19 October 2011 - 06:25 PM, said:

No kidding...? How do you manage all these Jack? It must be hard as hell...

I study late at nights or early in the morning. No chance during the day. I read alot (non-study book), so I usually quickly memorize most important parts, and later just read a few more times for minor details. Also, I usually take good minimum six hour sleep before the exam, so my mind is fresh and relaxed... also, no reading on a day of exam (which are 95% of the time in the early morning) because you'll just end up confused and you'll panic and forget things you already know.

I am studying literature tho, so some exams are not hard-facts and there's a "breathing space" for free interpretation. Sure, that doesn't mean you can say whatever you want, but no one can say "it's not 100% right" either when you have to talk about the book you had to read. It's only bitchy because I usually have to read 10+ books per one exam (not to mention extra studies, critics and so on), so it's hard to make it all on time. That part is probably the most frustrating (not to mention finding all those books, especially some old ones that are out of print for 50 years)... but if I manage to read all the books I have, it's easier, since then I don't have to study hard facts and I tell my own thoughts about the book (or a poem) ... Linguistic exams are bitch tho, they are all 100% hard facts, and usually include grammar or a dead language grammar (like old Slavic, Latin, old Greek)

but hey, it's all part of the job, right? :rofl:

This is my last year, and I think I might go for either psychology or cinema studies after this one. :lecter: yeah, call me nuts, but fuck it...
You know you are a true horror fan when someone sees your DVD collection and accuse you of being a Satanist. :wub:

#17 User is offline   tina chris-hewitt 

• Engineer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 23 October 2011 - 07:43 PM

I see!! Literature huh, well it's very interesting! I'll tell you what, in high school here in Greece we have 3 paths to follow: it's the language path (which I followed)with literature, history, latin and old greek, the math path and the technologies path. So I know how it feels when it comes to study for a literature or a language exam... Maaaany poems and books. And yes, there is always a free space for interpretation on the subject given. Also, what you do, getting enough sleep and not studying on the exam day it's the best thing to do and it's what I did too whereas all my classmates did exactely the opposite...

View PostJack Frost, on 21 October 2011 - 11:00 PM, said:

This is my last year, and I think I might go for either psychology or cinema studies after this one. :lecter: yeah, call me nuts, but fuck it...

Hey, why not? Do whatever you like and what you feel comfortable with. Don't forget I go in a film school to become a film director. ;) Either psychology or cinema studies sound awesome! Especially the cinema studies which is my field and I find even more exciting. Haha.
- Otis B. Driftwood

#18 User is offline   Jack Frost 

• Banned
  • View blog
  • LocationPirate Land

Posted 24 October 2011 - 11:57 AM

heh, next week I am teaching class... Believe it or not, I am doing Greek drama and tragedy, fallowed by Antigone (Sophocles). There's a lot of ground to cover, only within five classes. That's huge thing for 2:30h I have. but hey, it's part of the charm, right? :lol2:

about that cinema... At first I wanted to go straight for direction, then literature... but I decided to switch it back first. With literature I could find job as professor more easily, while with movie direction it's based on luck and connections in my country, plus movie industry currently sucks, because no one wants to give money to unknown filmmaker. You know, you can't get a chance to show your skills if no one even wants to give you the chance in the first place.... at least with literature you can always work as professor if you fail as writer. (or you could work as pro critic, in library and even in theater as script writer)

#19 User is offline   tina chris-hewitt 

• Engineer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 24 October 2011 - 02:06 PM

Greek drama and Antigone!! Hmmm it brings school memories to my mind! Indeed, there is much to cover for just five classes, but you'll be fine. We analysed Antigone in school in so much depth as never before... lol.

Now about the cineme, you're right, but I believe that the film industry will eventually give an opportunity to new filmmakers to do their job and get down to business sooner or later.
- Otis B. Driftwood

#20 User is offline   Jack Frost 

• Banned
  • View blog
  • LocationPirate Land

Posted 24 October 2011 - 08:41 PM

I doubt that, since most of filmmakers\actors took of for either other parts of Europe or USA. :rolleyes: <_<

Some did get lucky there of course, some did not.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users