Horror movies discussion - Guts And Gory: dpcraig - Horror movies discussion - Guts And Gory

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

dpcraig

#1 User is offline   bozzer 

• The Beer Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Veteran

Posted 21 September 2011 - 05:41 PM

hy dp, wanted to know if you made a slasher would you go for the masked killer vibe or no mask and would you set your move in the 70s or 80s time frame or so a modern slasher.

clown masks are great in slashers and creepy, more night scenes with a clown mask are creepy and not day time shots really i think. what do you think of clown mask dude for slashers

#2 User is offline   dpcraig 

• Cenobite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 September 2011 - 03:04 PM

I did a slasher film...my first, feature directing effort, CRUEL...but apparently I challenged audiences too much. I had like nothing for a budget, only a Panasonic 100B to film with, just me for doing the FX (though I credited the FX of the film to my moniker, Cuttingteeth FX) and to play to my limits, I decided to make it a black/white, silent horror film. There's no audible dialogue at all...just title cards come up with the dialogue to read. It plays to a slight twist you'll find out at the end, but I don't think it was as effective as I wanted it to be. Oh, well...it is what it is...I'm proud of the film because of who I was and what I pulled off for such limits at the time. I still will do much better in the future, though. I have a great crew/company I work with, now - top equipment all around - top FX supplies and team to work with me. Things are already getting better, as you'll see with AS:VS - didn't direct that one, as it was a script contest I won - got into the crew/company because of it - did all special FX design on it and built my team by the end of the film to help me do the finale scene with so many vampires - did end up second unit directing, though, and I kept full creative control of the script throughout...made changes and revisions as needed.

Anyway, sorry that I ramble...to your real question...in CRUEL there is no mask, rather it's long hair and shadows that hide the face at all times. BUT...I do have a new slasher idea outlined that will be appropriate to the style. There absolutely is a mask, and it's not only creepy as hell...it makes sense why the guy has it and why he uses it. The how/why of it is something I think everyone will appreciate, but it doesn't go too far explaining it either. It won't bore you with 20 minutes of why said person is a killer...it's to the point, probably only two minutes overall and you'll see that the shit immediately hits the fan from then on. I'll share the details with you via email if you like, but I don't want to post them publicly. I think I need to keep them close to vest as possible....so no blabbing...haha.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users