Horror movies discussion - Guts And Gory: another actor being thought of for th new ash - Horror movies discussion - Guts And Gory

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

another actor being thought of for th new ash

#1 User is offline   bozzer 

• The Beer Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Veteran

Posted 12 August 2011 - 12:58 PM

well i think the biggest job for the new evil dead remake is getting the right actor to play the new ash.

another actor name has been brought up to play the new ash and thats actor sean william scott who plaed stifler in the american pie movies and he is fucking funny as hell in that but since they want the remake to be like the original which was less humor and more dark then i think he would be a bad choice so i hope he doesnt get the gig as the new ash. i mean if he got it i would give him a chance but i hope he doesnt

they should maybe go with a unknown actor, look at bruce campbell in the original, he was unknown and he was great and look where he is today.

i think one actor that would do good is JOEL MOORE who as in hatchet and he played ben in hatchet. in my opnion i have 3 actors who i woul like to see play ash and if they dont get the role then i say cast a unknown guy which would be good to

#2 User is offline   Craig 

• Alba Gu Bràth
  • View blog
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 12 August 2011 - 01:41 PM

Actually I thought of Sean William Scott as well, I think he would be good as Ash.
You Can't Kill The Boogeyman

#3 Guest_rob_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 12 August 2011 - 06:06 PM

God damn it Boz. Yes, it was rumored Scott was up for the role 6 years ago. :lol2: And Moore? Maybe. He certainly has great comedic timing.

I still say Ashton Kutcher!

#4 User is offline   crystal_lake_slasher 

• The Sharman Of Sexy
  • Group: Moderators
  • LocationManchester UK

Posted 12 August 2011 - 06:10 PM

SWS would be a great pic..... he is great in pretty much all his movies, and I'm sure he can pull off the dark side of the acting too....
TEAM DUFUS LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#5 User is offline   bozzer 

• The Beer Master

Posted 12 August 2011 - 06:45 PM

lol lol rob i know bro his name was brought up years ago for the role of ash but his name is in talks again

anyone think actor justin long would be great as the new ash, remember their not looking for much humor in the remake their trying to be more dark like the original was and less on the humor. justin long might be good, i think he pretty good

knowning sam raimi he will cast a unknown actor, time will tell

#6 User is offline   Craig 

• Alba Gu Bràth
  • View blog
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 12 August 2011 - 08:07 PM

Def not Justin Long, at least not for me. I still think either Ashton Kutcher, or Sean William Scott would be a good pick.
You Can't Kill The Boogeyman

#7 Guest_rob_*

Posted 12 August 2011 - 09:07 PM

Seann William Scott is not in talks again Bozco. In fact, nobody is in 'talks' for any role regarding this movie. All we know is who the writer and director are. You know that place that your famous farts come out of? Yeah, stop pulling stuff out of that without proof. ;)

Justin Long is a no.

Ashton.

#8 User is offline   bozzer 

• The Beer Master

Posted 12 August 2011 - 09:27 PM

lol lol rob the smart ass , you should be president for that bro lol

bruce campbell said at a convention that he did not long ago that they do have some names on a list that they are looking at but nothing is comfirmed and then a fan asked can you give a few names and one of the names he threw out there was sean william scott. i for one dont wat him for ash but if he pickd oh well. thats coming from bruce campbell so there your proof dude and what i mean by in talks is that he is on thier list so they must be in talks abit with sean agnt or something but in the end who gives a fuck lol lol who ever they pick im sure will be fine

you wouldnt want to smell one of my farts ol buddy becaue it would knock you on your ass lol lol

i think they should go with a unknown guy

shit i farted rob you better run lol

#9 Guest_rob_*

Posted 12 August 2011 - 09:36 PM

But who takes anything Bruce Campbell(or Sam Raimi for that matter) seriously when it comes to anything Evil Dead related? You could literally find hundreds of articles on them discussing the remake and the third sequel. It has only been until recently that people are actually listening because the ball is finally rolling.

I guarantee you Scott hasn't been contacted. Actors, a lot of the time, know as much as we do.

#10 User is offline   bozzer 

• The Beer Master

Posted 12 August 2011 - 09:41 PM

true rob, if sean or ashton dont get the gig who are your other choices for the role of ash

#11 Guest_rob_*

Posted 12 August 2011 - 09:59 PM

An impressive unknown

#12 User is offline   Admiral Ackbar 

• Leviathan
  • View blog
  • Group: Members
  • LocationThe centre of the universe

Posted 13 August 2011 - 02:51 AM

Ashton Kutcher just joined the cast of Two And A Half Men and is making a ton of money per episode.
It's a trap!

#13 User is offline   s0me-kind-0f-m0nster 

• Monsterman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 August 2011 - 06:13 PM

I just can't see Ashton Kutcher in the role, I am probably the lone one in this but I just don't think hes right, SWS however I could in the role
People spend one day a year pretending to be monsters...
Me?
I've spent my entire life pretending I'm not one....

#14 User is offline   Jack Frost 

• Banned
  • View blog
  • LocationPirate Land

Posted 16 August 2011 - 09:47 AM

James Marsters! (most of you will remember him from Buffy TV Show, where he played vampire Spike)

He is equally good at comedy and action\horror, and he can be total badass.
You know you are a true horror fan when someone sees your DVD collection and accuse you of being a Satanist. :wub:

#15 User is offline   dpcraig 

• Cenobite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 August 2011 - 07:23 PM

This is waaaaay out of leftfield, but after watching Scott Pilgrim, how about Michael Cera? I mean, the Ash role is truly a zero-to-hero kind of thing, so we have to expect they'll want equal effect.

#16 User is offline   Jack Frost 

• Banned
  • View blog
  • LocationPirate Land

Posted 26 August 2011 - 08:46 PM

Well, Ash was never a hero. He's an ass, and selfish. His "heroic" acts came only from his own needs (in ED and ED2 it was survival, in AoD it was his wish to return home...)

In original ED, he was just a guy at the wrong place at the worst time.
Remember that ASh, didn't become "Ash" until end of ED2. In Army of Darkness, he was completely turned into ASH.
You know you are a true horror fan when someone sees your DVD collection and accuse you of being a Satanist. :wub:

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users