Horror movies discussion - Guts And Gory: Corey Haim - Horror movies discussion - Guts And Gory

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Corey Haim

#1 User is offline   bozzer 

• The Beer Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Veteran

Posted 03 August 2011 - 12:47 PM

its a shame the guy died so young, he lost a shit load of weight and was maken a comeback and as a actor my wife chrissy and i thought he was not bad

i thought he was good in SILVER BULLET and of course lost boys and other movies as well

#2 User is offline   Beantown Bitch 

• Jason Fodder
  • PipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Members
  • LocationBeantown > Now residing in Sunny NH

Posted 06 August 2011 - 11:50 PM

I actually loved him. Lost boys is a fav of mine. He was so good in it.

#3 User is offline   banshee 

• Pit Pig
  • Pip
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 08 August 2011 - 12:39 PM

View Postbozzer, on 03 August 2011 - 12:47 PM, said:

its a shame the guy died so young, he lost a shit load of weight and was maken a comeback and as a actor my wife chrissy and i thought he was not bad

i thought he was good in SILVER BULLET and of course lost boys and other movies as well

Yes,i was shocked that Corey haim died so young,i liked him in the Lost Boys movie,its a shame that he's dead and can't make no movies anymore

#4 User is offline   Craig 

• Alba Gu Bràth
  • View blog
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 09 August 2011 - 07:50 PM

Such a shame what happend. RIP Corey.
You Can't Kill The Boogeyman

#5 User is offline   Atrium Pool 

• Cenobite
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 January 2012 - 10:32 PM

I really want to see Silver Bullet again. I'd buy the DVD buy it's out of print and really expensive.

But he annoyed the living snot out of me in The Lost Boys. Well, the middle of the movie at least.

#6 User is offline   Craig 

• Alba Gu Bràth
  • View blog
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 24 January 2012 - 11:43 PM

Shortly before his death, Corey was approached to participate in the television show Celebrity Rehab. Haim was insulted saying
"It’s the last show I would do."

Not quite... The last project he was involved with was called The Dead Sea - an underwater zombie movie. In his contract he demanded that the set be "clean" - as in drug and alcohol free.

Corey claimed to have been molested when he was 14. This understandably altered his thought process and attitude towards a lot of things. Sex can be enticing, but most kids that age aren't emotionally equipped to deal with it. It throws a wrench in your life, and Haim had a whole set of wrenches. Corey Feldman said, ""I can tell you that the number one problem in Hollywood was, and is, and always will be pedophilia"".

That's the biggest problem for children in this industry... it's all done under the radar. It's the big secret. There are so many people in this industry who have gotten away with it for so long that they feel they're above the law. And that's got to change, that's got to stop."

During Haim's well documented downfall, he needed money. He would call Hollywood memorabilia dealers and ask if there was any interest in "Haim" items, and once even resorted to selling his hair and teeth on Ebay.

Corey and his mother Judy were renting a 2 bedroom unit (#R204) at the Oakwood Apartments – Corporate usually, month to month rent. Aside from the constant battle with substance abuse, Corey had been diagnosed with a heart murmur. The day before his death, he was in bed all day with a fever and a cough. Mom gave Corey some tea and vegetable soup. Haim was taking Robituson and Advil every 4 hours, and she gave him Tylenol for his fever. Late in the evening, Corey asked her to lay with him because he wasn't feeling well. She held his hand and fell asleep.

Shortly before 1:00 am on March 11, Corey woke up to use the toilet. Upon his return to the room he fell to his knees. Mom asked him what was wrong, and Corey didn't respond. She got him back into bed, and his eyes rolled back and his body began shaking. She made this horrible 911 call and was advised to perform CPR. Paramedics arrived and worked on Haim for about 20 minutes. He was taken to St. Josephs Hospital. He still had a heartbeat upon arrival. Corey's heart stopped a couple of times and he was brought back, but at 2:15am he was pronounced dead. He was 38 years old.

Instead of a large public memorial service, about 30 of Corey's friends gathered in a restaurant in Marina del Rey. Guests included Corey Feldman, Todd Bridges, Nicole Eggert, Robyin Lively and former Playmate Julie McCullough. It was described as a "reunion" with lots of picture taking, talking and sharing.

On that day, the other Corey (Feldman) had the same number 2 2 2 tattooed on himself in a tribute Haim. He wouldn’t divulge what it symbolized. I know that when I lived in Detroit, we used to drive over the border to Canada to buy 222s - pain relief codeine tablets. Fabulous. "nobody will understand the magic" of the number, said Feldman.

On May 4, 2010 the official cause of death was released. Despite the fact that Corey may have been ingesting up to 600 prescription pills a week, had decades of substance abuse issues, had low levels of at least 8 drugs, prescription and over-the-counter, as well as pot in his system... he died of natural causes.

Corey Haim died broke. His mother accepted donations for his funeral/burial, in Canada. A company called Startifacts (Haim used to market his memorabilia through them) coughed up 20 grand. There is a report that the funeral home already paid the bill and the money was used to pay his mom's (breast cancer) medical bills, so Startifacts put a stop payment on the check.
You Can't Kill The Boogeyman

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users