Horror movies discussion - Guts And Gory: Route 66: Road Trip To Hell - Horror movies discussion - Guts And Gory

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Route 66: Road Trip To Hell Opinions are welcomed

#1 User is offline   Craig 

• Alba Gu Bràth
  • View blog
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 01 May 2011 - 06:32 PM

Title: Route 66: Road Trip To Hell

Synopsis: By Craig and Cheryl Foreman

In a throwback to classic horror films such as The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, The Hills Have Eyes, Halloween and Friday The 13th, "Route 66: Road Trip To Hell" is an old school horror film that will bring to life a new slasher icon.

Set in 1975, a group of Los Angeles bikers travel along Route 66 despite rumors of a hatchet wielding madman who will stop at nothing to dispose of his victims along the world famous highway. Urban legend or reality, the bikers will soon discover the truth. The bikers first meet up at Hatchet’s bar before they embark on their journey, where they soon learn the terrifying tale of local legend "Vincent McVicar."

On a stormy night in 1960, Vincent is believed to have brutally murdered his entire family before disappearing into the night. Ever since that night, Vincent is allegedly responsible for the string of sadistic murders that have taken place along Route 66.

Now fifteen years later the bikers are heading along Route 66 for a road trip to Chicago for a motorcycle rally. What was supposed to be a fun ride soon turns into a horrific nightmare, as the group becomes stranded the middle of nowhere after one of the bikes breaks down.

A night around the campfire quickly turns into a desperate attempt to escape the clutches of this hatchet wielding madman with their lives... and all of their body parts.

You Can't Kill The Boogeyman

#2 User is offline   bozzer 

• The Beer Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Veteran

Posted 02 May 2011 - 03:15 PM

i can see danny trejo as one of the bikers, he would be great in this

#3 User is offline   Craig 

• Alba Gu Bràth
  • View blog

Posted 02 May 2011 - 04:31 PM

The part of Screwdriver was originally writing for Danny Trejo, we we tried really hard to get in touch with him about it, but sadly we couldn't get ahold of him. After talking to the agent/manger who represents both Bill Moseley and Priscilla Barnes, she told us she is also the manager for Michael Berryman. She asked us if we wouldn't mind making some changes to the script, and let Michael play the part of Screwdriver. Since we couldn't get ahold of Danny, we said sure, no problem.

#4 User is offline   Douglas Tait 

• The Monster Man
  • PipPip
  • Group: Industry
  • LocationHollywood

Posted 02 May 2011 - 08:12 PM

The script is very intense. A very original and well written Horror film with all of the great Horror elements. I hope we can make this film made someday. Vincent McVicar will be a new generation Horror icon! :badgrin:

#5 User is offline   Craig 

• Alba Gu Bràth
  • View blog

Posted 02 May 2011 - 09:32 PM

Thanks for the kind words, Doug :)

#6 User is offline   Cherry 

• I married a Scotsman
  • PipPip
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 May 2011 - 09:26 PM

Thank you, Doug. We hope that someday we can get this project up and off the ground. Thanks for all your support :)
"Killer clowns, from outer space. Holy shit!"

#7 User is offline   crystal_lake_slasher 

• The Sharman Of Sexy
  • Group: Moderators
  • LocationManchester UK

Posted 07 May 2011 - 12:50 PM

sounds awesome guys! I hope you get it up and running!!! I agree Trejo would be awesome in this, even if it's not the part you originally wrote for him, a biker role would suit him fine! I also think AB would fit in well as one of these bikers....

the only thing that got me is, if they are stranded in what is a 'nightmare' because one of the bikes broke down, would it not just be commmon sense for the said rider to then ride bitch on the back of one of his homie's bikes so they can get the fuck out of there? because if that's the only reason they are fucked I think it would be easily solved, I think the dilemma would be better if it was a bigger problem than 1 bike braking down.... maybe one of the riders fucks up and falls, taking a couple of the others down with him... then you have 3 fucked bikes and atleast one fucked up biker who can't really be moved on another bike.... just my 2 guys, regardless it's gonna be fucking awesome ;)
TEAM DUFUS LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#8 User is offline   Craig 

• Alba Gu Bràth
  • View blog

Posted 07 May 2011 - 02:41 PM

I know what you mean mate, but more shit does happen after the original bike breaks down, this is when the nightmare starts :D And yes, AB would be great as one of the bikers.

#9 User is offline   crystal_lake_slasher 

• The Sharman Of Sexy
  • LocationManchester UK

Posted 08 May 2011 - 02:45 PM

fair enough bro, I will look forward to seeing what shit happens then lol

Have you thought of approaching AB about the movie? I'm sure he would love it as he is a bit of a bike fan himself anyways...

#10 User is offline   Craig 

• Alba Gu Bràth
  • View blog

Posted 08 May 2011 - 03:55 PM

I'm not sure how to get in touch with AB mate, I don't have his email addy and I'm not sure if he use FB anymore. There is a part that AB would be perfect for, so hopefully he would be up for reading the script if I can get ahold of him.

#11 User is offline   crystal_lake_slasher 

• The Sharman Of Sexy
  • LocationManchester UK

Posted 09 May 2011 - 02:18 PM

he is back using FB on a regular basis dude, check out my friend list, he is on there... I'm sure he would be happy to read the script, especially if you tell him who you guys have interested in working on the movie when it gets off the ground, keep me posted on what happens with it ;)

#12 User is offline   Craig 

• Alba Gu Bràth
  • View blog

Posted 09 May 2011 - 02:24 PM

Cheers mate, I added him on FB, and sent him a message about it... hopefully he'll be up for reading it.

#13 User is offline   crystal_lake_slasher 

• The Sharman Of Sexy
  • LocationManchester UK

Posted 09 May 2011 - 02:45 PM

cool man! let me know if he responds

#14 User is offline   Craig 

• Alba Gu Bràth
  • View blog

Posted 09 May 2011 - 02:50 PM

Will do mate.

#15 User is offline   bozzer 

• The Beer Master

Posted 10 May 2011 - 09:09 PM

how about kane hodder as one of the bikers as well

#16 User is offline   Craig 

• Alba Gu Bràth
  • View blog

Posted 10 May 2011 - 11:35 PM

Kane is a top bloke, met him at FF2. But for some reason I can't imagine him as one of the bikers. Now AB on the other hand, yes. There is a part which he would be perfect for.

Also I'm not sure if you guys know this actor, Robert LaSardo? Anyway, I think this guy is terrific, and we actually wrote the part of Jukebox (one of the bikers) for him. I have been trying for ages to get in touch with him, or his agent/manager... but no luck so far.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0489436/

#17 User is offline   bozzer 

• The Beer Master

Posted 13 May 2011 - 11:45 AM

r.a mihailoff would be great as a biker i think, not a bad actor and has the look for it. the pit did a interview with him awhile back and might know how to get a hold of him

#18 User is offline   Craig 

• Alba Gu Bràth
  • View blog

Posted 13 May 2011 - 03:18 PM

Boz, I agree about R.A. Mihailoff, and I did originally think about him for a part. But there is only a handfull of bikers in the script, and I can't fit anymore in. Shame really, cos R.A looks the part of a hardcore biker.

#19 User is offline   bozzer 

• The Beer Master

Posted 20 May 2011 - 12:39 PM

if you get dante to direct this i rhink you might see some of the people you want in for these roles bro

here big question for you did you write a role for actress amy steel, your such a huge fan of hers and plus it would be cool to see her in this as well, she needs to get her ass back in horror

hell i wish i lived closer i would want to be a biker in the movie im a big guy and people when they first meet me think im am a biker. big and full of tattoos

have you talked to dante, i bet he would direct this and who better

#20 User is offline   Craig 

• Alba Gu Bràth
  • View blog

Posted 20 May 2011 - 03:31 PM

There was a role for Amy, but as far as I know, she is no longer acting (just doing voice overs)

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users