Horror movies discussion - Guts And Gory: DEBATE OF THE DEAD - Horror movies discussion - Guts And Gory

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

DEBATE OF THE DEAD

#1 User is offline   dpcraig 

• Cenobite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Members

Posted 27 April 2011 - 02:27 AM

Craig, you definitely know about this one...and I thank you for helping me get it off the ground.

DEBATE OF THE DEAD has long already been a live-action-role-playing game that has taken off with great response in just two years since its first unveiling during a comic convention in the Memphis, TN area. The plot centers on the US President and his cabinet members having an emergency meeting to discuss measures to stave off three dire political situations that have come up overnight: A foreign national has illegally fled into the states, a virus has affected a Naval crew and an insider trading ring has been uncovered with a company the President shares stocks in. It isn't long before all three problems end up horribly related, as people are turning violent, killing, dying...coming back to life to kill again.

The bulk of the film is the intense debate of national leaders, as they continuously get updated of the worsening state of things. Every passing moment forces them to reach a final conclusion of what best course of actions to take. Intertwined throughout, I will be using random footage of zombie carnage as transition scenes. The idea is to not only tell this already amazing story onscreen, but I want to build upon the stylings of films like Dead Air and Pontypool where it was more of a psychological horror. There will be gore for those who crave it, too.

Filming begins May 7th, to conclude June 25th.

#2 User is offline   Craig 

• Alba Gu BrĂ th
  • View blog
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 27 April 2011 - 02:33 PM

Nice job mate, looking foward to seeing it. And thank you for all your help with R66: :)
You Can't Kill The Boogeyman

#3 User is offline   Lee 

• zombiecoops
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • LocationBolton, Greater Manchester,

Posted 30 April 2011 - 01:53 PM

I thought I were the only person in the world that actually liked Pontypool!
"Hey Bub! Wanna learn how to shoot? You puss brain bag of shit!"

#4 User is offline   dpcraig 

• Cenobite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 30 April 2011 - 07:52 PM

No, I really liked Pontypool. It had room to go further than it did, but at the same time, it was just fine. I love films that let you imagine more than you are shown. With DEBATE, I just want to give a nod to both tones. I will show you bits and pieces of what is going on in random areas of the nation (and they will be general...could be anywhere), but I will leave each of those shots wide open for you to imagine how they end up for said characters. There'll be no finality to who or what you witness in those bit shots. There won't need to be. The main focus will still be the debate raging on in the "war room" as it were. That's the area of the film that will have an ending to it. It should be worthy.

#5 User is offline   Lee 

• zombiecoops
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 May 2011 - 09:05 AM

This sounds excellent Duane, please keep us in the loop on the progress of it, I for one definately want to watch the finished article.

Sounds like my type of film, I loved Pontypool, but everybody else was like "WTF?". I think that there are more and more "lazy" viewers, who need to actually see whats going on to understand, they don't want to have to think about things, or want to try and imagine other unfolding events. They just want to see blood and snot flying everywhere (which I don't mind watching myself if the plot and storyline warrant it!) rather than actually imagining said blood and snot flying everywhere.

Good luck!

#6 User is offline   Jack Frost 

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • LocationPirate Land

Posted 03 May 2011 - 08:33 AM

the clock is ticking... :crazy:

Die zombies die! :rambo:
You know you are a true horror fan when someone sees your DVD collection and accuse you of being a Satanist. :wub:

#7 User is offline   dpcraig 

• Cenobite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 03 May 2011 - 07:41 PM

Agreed. It'll probably be mid-Fall of this year before any kind of a finished product is done, and that is also dependent on the same core of us responsible for final edits possibly also out on somewhat of a circuit trail for AS:VS and/or ROOK. One thing I do know, I'll likely put up one of the chaotic cutscenes from the film online as a teaser by the end of Summer. Worst-case, that'll keep some sort of talk going for it.

#8 User is offline   Lee 

• zombiecoops
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 December 2011 - 01:53 PM

Been a long time Duane! Any progress on this, or has it been shelved?

I hope not, this sounded really, really good!

#9 User is offline   dpcraig 

• Cenobite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 07 December 2011 - 07:05 PM

A labor of love, yes, it is ongoing. With AS:VS having taken precedence last year at this time and then GIRL IN WOODS taking over my Summer into Fall...and...now, with the AS:VS 2 script done...finally I can get back to DEBATE. I've been getting the writers to compromise (and actually, they had many of the same intentions) the story specifics per a few things. Everything looks to be on track, and I think it will be for the better of the film and the LARP game. I have a lot more support to finish it, too. It's been a no-budget filming by choice, and now, many others are coming aboard to lend their time, effort and paying for things. It's weird. It truly is a community project of the underground here. All the while, we all have paying films that we're working on, too.

#10 User is offline   dpcraig 

• Cenobite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:47 PM

This MF-er finally got filmed!!! The footage is nice and gritty, but ADR may keep it from site for a while, still. This one will be a web series, first, though.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users