Horror movies discussion - Guts And Gory: Robert Englund? - Horror movies discussion - Guts And Gory

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Robert Englund?

#1 User is offline   Craig 

• Alba Gu Bràth
  • View blog
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 21 April 2011 - 11:57 PM

Doug, what was it like to work with Robert?. Any good stories you can share with the fans?
You Can't Kill The Boogeyman

#2 User is offline   Douglas Tait 

• The Monster Man
  • PipPip
  • Group: Industry
  • LocationHollywood

Posted 25 April 2011 - 06:17 PM

View PostCraig, on 21 April 2011 - 11:57 PM, said:

Doug, what was it like to work with Robert?. Any good stories you can share with the fans?

Robert England was a really nice guy. He was extremely in to his character and took it very serious. He was very anxious to talk to me about his past Nightmare films, not the type of actor who was tired of telling stories about Freddy Krueger, he loved it. I remember him telling me how happy he was that Freddy Vs. Jason was being made, and that it had taken over 7 years for it to happen. He mentioned that the punk rock vibe of Friday the 13th was going to be a good mix with Nightmare.

#3 User is offline   Craig 

• Alba Gu Bràth
  • View blog

Posted 25 April 2011 - 07:46 PM

Thanks for sharing that story with us Doug. I met Robert at Fear Fest 2, back in 2008. I remember Robert telling me that his mother is Scottish, and that him and his wife Nancy had just been to Scotland to visit family.

#4 User is offline   crystal_lake_slasher 

• The Sharman Of Sexy
  • Group: Moderators
  • LocationManchester UK

Posted 26 April 2011 - 02:30 PM

Robert's a great guy, met him about half dozen times and each time he has stories to tell about his past experiences... I also found out he's a big fan of the Japanese merchandise as I had a Jap mini poster of FvJ for him to sign and he loved it and was telling me how he was still waiting for his copy of Nightmare prt1 Japanese movie programme to be delivered.... be great to have Doug sign my mini poster, it as Rob and Katherine Issabelle on it now.
TEAM DUFUS LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#5 User is offline   Craig 

• Alba Gu Bràth
  • View blog

Posted 26 April 2011 - 03:23 PM

I've never heard a bad word about Robert. As for Doug signing your poster, that would be a great idea.

#6 User is offline   crystal_lake_slasher 

• The Sharman Of Sexy
  • LocationManchester UK

Posted 26 April 2011 - 03:32 PM

well it's a mini poster bro, they called Chirashi (sp?) more like a flyer version of the poster, but they make for much better display pieces as you can have the whole collection on the wall without it taking up the whole room... I have ALL the F13th ones from 1-remake

#7 User is offline   Craig 

• Alba Gu Bràth
  • View blog

Posted 26 April 2011 - 03:39 PM

Ah ok, I know what you mean now mate. Oh, and I wanted Katherine Issabelle to be in R66 so badly... I even contacted her agent about it, but they would not read any unsolicited scripts.

#8 User is offline   crystal_lake_slasher 

• The Sharman Of Sexy
  • LocationManchester UK

Posted 26 April 2011 - 03:47 PM

man that sucks coz she is great and totally friggin hot!! meeting her I was in awe, I was the firs to meet her and just after I met her and chatted to her for a bit she had her photo shoot with fans, everyone was meeting her and she said 'hey I'm Kat, what's you're name? nice to meet you' then I got to her and she was like 'Heeeeey! I know you Stefan!! come here' haha everyone was looking like WTF!! how does he know her lol!! great stuff :)

#9 User is offline   Craig 

• Alba Gu Bràth
  • View blog

Posted 26 April 2011 - 04:37 PM

lol, that is awesome she remembered your name mate. I still hope that maybe one day she'll be in R66, she is perfect for the part.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users