Horror movies discussion - Guts And Gory: Doug, what he would bring to Michael Myers role - Horror movies discussion - Guts And Gory

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Doug, what he would bring to Michael Myers role

#1 User is offline   bozzer 

• The Beer Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Veteran

Posted 21 April 2011 - 12:19 PM

for someone like doug to be a huge fan of 1981 halloween 2 and a big fan of dick warlock version of michael myers and that if he gets the role he is brining back the dick warlock style is kick ass for me. been waiting for someone to bring back the style of what dick warlock did

hey doug i remember when andrew bryniarski got the role of leatheface in the remake for the texas chainsaw masacre movie he said on the dvd that he met michael bay at some party and said MICHAEL I NEED TO PLAY THE ROLE OF LEATHERFACE I WAS BORN TO PLAY THE ROLE, next thing he knew he was putting on the mask in the TCM REMAKE and he nailed the role as leatherface

same thing i think would work here i bet if you got in contact with melak akkad for the role of myers and say its your dream to play that role and they see the passion you have i think they might cast you. just my opnion, worked for andrew might work for you to buddy

hope you get the role of myers doug, for a guy who has passin lik you do to play myers i think you desereve a shot to show everyone what you can do as michael myers. i think you would rock and kick ass as myers

#2 User is offline   Craig 

• Alba Gu Bràth
  • View blog
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 21 April 2011 - 03:05 PM

Honestly, I think Doug would be perfect for the part of Myers. I really hope he gets the part :)
You Can't Kill The Boogeyman

#3 User is offline   bozzer 

• The Beer Master

Posted 21 April 2011 - 05:22 PM

same here as well, if doug is 6 foot 5 then thats fine like i said, he bringing back the slow dick warlock movements as myers so thats cool

im sure when we here news the main halloween site will confirm it, like you say craig nothing is confirmed till its on there

#4 User is offline   Douglas Tait 

• The Monster Man
  • PipPip
  • Group: Industry
  • LocationHollywood

Posted 21 April 2011 - 10:53 PM

View Postbozzer, on 21 April 2011 - 05:22 PM, said:

same here as well, if doug is 6 foot 5 then thats fine like i said, he bringing back the slow dick warlock movements as myers so thats cool

im sure when we here news the main halloween site will confirm it, like you say craig nothing is confirmed till its on there

Thanks guys, I appreciate the nice comments. I know that if I get the opportunity to play Myers, I will not let the fans down. Like you said, I have the passion to play him, and I would bring the movements back to the original way of Myers, Warlock style. I know any Halloween fan would be pleased. Thanks for the support!

#5 User is offline   crystal_lake_slasher 

• The Sharman Of Sexy
  • Group: Moderators
  • LocationManchester UK

Posted 25 April 2011 - 04:08 PM

but Doug, what would you do if you got the Myers role, but you had a director who had a completley different vision of Myers ala Ronny Yu with Jason (the slow, hulking monster with sympathetic eyes) and they didn't want the classic movements.... what if it they wanted a Myers that occasionally ran.. and spoke/made noise like Rob Zombie's Myers.... would you still play the role or pass on it? I know that is a tough question.... but I think the trouble with that is if you took the role and it didn't play well with the audience you would be the one who got the flack like poor Ken Kirzinger... 90% of people believe he is at fault for Jason being the way he was when we know it was infact Ronny Yu who wanted it that way.
TEAM DUFUS LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#6 User is offline   Craig 

• Alba Gu Bràth
  • View blog

Posted 25 April 2011 - 04:14 PM

Great question mate. I feel sorry for Ken Kirzinger, people need to understand he played the role of Jason the way director Ronny Yu told him to do.

#7 User is offline   crystal_lake_slasher 

• The Sharman Of Sexy
  • LocationManchester UK

Posted 25 April 2011 - 04:17 PM

cheers bud, and yeah it's a real shame for Ken, such a nice bloke too

#8 User is offline   Douglas Tait 

• The Monster Man
  • PipPip
  • LocationHollywood

Posted 25 April 2011 - 06:01 PM

View Postcrystal_lake_slasher, on 25 April 2011 - 04:17 PM, said:

cheers bud, and yeah it's a real shame for Ken, such a nice bloke too

Yeah, thats the tough thing actors face. Ken did what the director said, and most fans don't realize that. They think it is always the actor who came up with the way he was going to perform the character. Some directors do give actors the freedom to explore and play there character and carefully guide them. Other directors dictate the way they want it to be played. First, I would secure the role no matter what the director said about the way he wanted it to be played. Then once had the role, if he was directing me to run and grunt as Myers I would have to tell him, (in a nice way), that Michael Myers would never do those things, and the fans will not support that. I would hope that my constant convincing of how Myers should walk, move, etc. would help him realize that I am right. You can't win them all, but I would rather play the character if given the opportunity, then not.

#9 User is offline   Craig 

• Alba Gu Bràth
  • View blog

Posted 25 April 2011 - 08:56 PM

Another way of looking at is, if the director knows anything about the Halloween movies, Michael Myers, or what the fans want... then he should know that Myers does not run, or make any noise, nor should he make the actor playing the part do those things. So lets hope that if Halloween 3 does indeed get the go-ahead, then they bring in a director who actually knows what he is doing.

#10 User is offline   bozzer 

• The Beer Master

Posted 25 April 2011 - 09:44 PM

directors i would love to se direct halloween 3 that would keep myers in the style that doug wants and we want as well which is the dick warlock style, these directors are

adam green
dante tomaselli
jeff burr
dwight little
alex aja
sam raimi

#11 User is offline   Douglas Tait 

• The Monster Man
  • PipPip
  • LocationHollywood

Posted 25 April 2011 - 11:46 PM

View PostCraig, on 25 April 2011 - 08:56 PM, said:

Another way of looking at is, if the director knows anything about the Halloween movies, Michael Myers, or what the fans want... then he should know that Myers does not run, or make any noise, nor should make the actor playing the part do those things. So lets hope that if Halloween 3 does indeed get the go-ahead, then they bring in a director who actually knows what he is doing.

AGREED! A fan of Halloween should direct, and a fan should play Michael Myers...

#12 User is offline   Craig 

• Alba Gu Bràth
  • View blog

Posted 25 April 2011 - 11:53 PM

Totally agree with you Doug about a true fan playing Myers.

#13 User is offline   crystal_lake_slasher 

• The Sharman Of Sexy
  • LocationManchester UK

Posted 26 April 2011 - 02:26 PM

thanks for the great reply Doug.... well answered mate! I do agree that someone who knows the franchise and what fans want should direct, but that supposedly happend with Rob Zombie, he was supposed to be a Halloween fan and know what the fans want but he completley missed the mark....

I think directors such as John Buechler have the right idea.... he allowed Kane Hodder to take the ball and run with it and he created a great zombie Jason.

For me I would love to see Adam Green take over the reigns, that man knows horror! he was raised on the 80's slasher movies and is a fan, Green's Halloween would be a film by a fan for the fans.... and from what Doug as just stated about his approach and attitude to the role of Myers I would be more than happy to see him don the infamous white mask!

#14 User is offline   bozzer 

• The Beer Master

Posted 26 April 2011 - 03:52 PM

fans want adam green to direct then the main halloween site needs emails from the fans letting them know what we want and yeah yeah i know they dont listen but at least we are heard and they just might

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users