Horror movies discussion - Guts And Gory: Rick Rosenthal, 2 Halloween movies - Horror movies discussion - Guts And Gory

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Rick Rosenthal, 2 Halloween movies

#1 User is offline   bozzer 

• The Beer Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Veteran

Posted 07 April 2011 - 05:22 PM

rick rosenthal directed my fav horror movie of all time halloween 2

well then when he got the director gig for halloween resurrection i was excited but after i seen it what a pile of shit and i dont care if it was set in haddonfield it was a shit movie period

filled with a rap star and model and both cant act and the other cast was annoying the only bright spot was BRAD LOREE as myers and a few kills

i was like rick what are you doing man. dont want rick back to direct the next halloween thats for sure

#2 User is offline   Craig 

• Alba Gu Bràth
  • View blog
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 07 April 2011 - 05:44 PM

It wasn't his falut Halloween: Resurection was bad, it was all to do with the script. The start of the movie had the exact same feeling as Halloween 2 and was well done.
You Can't Kill The Boogeyman

#3 User is offline   bozzer 

• The Beer Master

Posted 07 April 2011 - 06:59 PM

in your opnion bro not mine. the other shit was so bad at the end of the movie i just didnt give shit.

tried to to it to slick should have been done old school, you didnt mind it dude and thats cool but i hated it, brad loree got screwed, the guy should have been in a decent halloween

#4 User is offline   Craig 

• Alba Gu Bràth
  • View blog

Posted 07 April 2011 - 07:19 PM

So why is it Rick's fault exactly?

A director can only work with the script, storyline, plot and cast they have been giving, which he had nothing to do with them... The movie would have still sucked if John Carpenter, Adam Green or even Dante had directed it, it all comes down to the script, storyline, plot and cast... nothing to do with the director whatsoever.

#5 User is offline   bozzer 

• The Beer Master

Posted 07 April 2011 - 07:23 PM

well from what im told if the director does not like the script then he can have it go back for re-writes thatswhat i was told

in the end it was a shitty movie buddy, some like it i supose but not for the bozzer

#6 User is offline   Craig 

• Alba Gu Bràth
  • View blog

Posted 07 April 2011 - 07:32 PM

A director can not go back and get re-writes on someone else script.... maybe if you're a top Hollywood director, but not someone like RR. He did his best with what he was giving to work with, you should blame Larry Brand and Sean Hood, they both wrote the script and thought it was good enough to be a Halloween movie. RR was only hired to direct the movie, he had no say whatsoever about the script, storyline or plot.

#7 User is offline   bozzer 

• The Beer Master

Posted 07 April 2011 - 07:39 PM

okay we will blame larry brand then lol lol

he dont need to ever be near a halloween movie again lol

people can say what they want about rob zombie 2 halloween but if they actual watch his 2 versions he did try to tell a good story

i also likd for just thoses 2 movies how he made things more realistic like the mask looking old and worn and myers haveing a beard would make senes if people would think about it

the scene where sheriff brackett finds annie the second tim in h2 dead and he drops to his knews and yealls nooooooooooo nooooooooo and then see flash backs of annie as a kid with hr dog whn she was small was such a great scene but rob got no credi for that because he rob zombie.

i love the 1978 halloween and 1981 halloween 2 ad part 3 and 4, hate part 5 and it had some good points in it

part 6 ws okay and h20 not bad and halloween 8 is dog shit and rob zombie halloween are good as well, yeah he has to much swearing in them but what the hell lol lol

#8 User is offline   Craig 

• Alba Gu Bràth
  • View blog

Posted 07 April 2011 - 07:41 PM

I need to give RZ's H2 another go, I have only seen it once.

#9 User is offline   bozzer 

• The Beer Master

Posted 07 April 2011 - 08:00 PM

you know craig what i likd to is he made it his own, why copy what we already have, we have john carpenter halloween and its not ruined by zombies halloween just different

sure his movies have that white trash feel i agree but thats just his style but it dont mean he doesnt try to tell a good story.

the foot stump was a brutal kill in h2 loved it i liked the fact that rob gave us the rabbit in red strip bar but we only seen that on the matches in halloween 1978 and he brought it to life which i found cool

when myers took the stripper and rammed her face over and over in the mirrior till it disfigured was brutal but a cool kill

the deaths of the rednecks was cool to

i liked how rob made dr loomis care in the first one and in part 2 made him a money hungry asshole with the book about myers but in the end he cares again and gets killd trying to help laurie

tyler mane was a great myers and i like the more realistic character of myers in his 2 movies, he has long hair and a beard not like in halloween resurrection whn they how myers walking into the bush with his mask off he had clean cut hair lol lol rob did myers more real and i liked that but yeah give h2 a try agin

oh i love the scene in the hosptial the way he killed that nurse, dam, did he ever stabbed the hell out of her, just brutal

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users