Horror movies discussion - Guts And Gory: Platinum Dunes no longer interested in making a Halloween movie - Horror movies discussion - Guts And Gory

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Platinum Dunes no longer interested in making a Halloween movie

#1 User is offline   Admiral Ackbar 

• Leviathan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Members
  • LocationThe centre of the universe

Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:38 PM

http://bloody-disgus...t-would-you-do/

They also decided to bow out of Hellraiser too. Now the Weinsteins want to do another Halloween remake.
It's a trap!

#2 User is offline   bozzer 

• The Beer Master
  • Group: Veteran

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:40 AM

i thibnk a remake is the way to go, most people didnt like what zombie did with is 2 movies of halloween so why continue that way. remake it again and give the fans what they want a feel of 1978 halloween and 1981 h2 and bring myers back to the basics of what made him a icon and scary

#3 User is offline   Craig 

• Alba Gu Bràth
  • View blog
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:09 PM

Well we were all promised that the Boogeyman was coming back for the remake, and RZ was sticking with the same feeling that the original Halloween had and look what happend.

What happens if they fuck the next remake up?, just wait another 5 years and do it again over & over until they get it right?
You Can't Kill The Boogeyman

#4 User is offline   Admiral Ackbar 

• Leviathan
  • View blog

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:22 PM

The Amazing Spider-Man is a huge success, proving that a reboot not long after the first movie came out can be successful.
It's a trap!

#5 User is offline   Craig 

• Alba Gu Bràth
  • View blog

Posted 25 July 2012 - 01:48 PM

True, but most, if not all Super-Hero movies are blockbuster hits. Plus they have a massive fan base, and are made on a budget of 150 mill and upwards with the biggest names in Hollywood.

The Halloween fan base has dropped massivly in recent years, and they are talking about doing a remake on a budget of 5 mill or less, which will more than likely be direct to DVD. So what's the point? for me it would be crazy to remake/reboot it again, just to send it straight to DVD.

#6 User is offline   dpcraig 

• Cenobite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:29 PM

You, know, I think the budget size is part of the issue with horror remakes. Keep them small, cast relative or complete unknowns and it'll keep to the spirit of what the original film makers had to go on.

I would personally like to try remaking Halloween with a very low budget...maybe even a micro-budget. It would force us to use the same conventional methods that Carpenter used. I'd love that challenge.

#7 User is offline   bozzer 

• The Beer Master

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:37 PM

hey dp throw your name into the mix with the halloween producers, would be cool to see you DP give it a go

getting the next halloween right isnt that hard i dont know why know one can do it, they need to go watch halloween and 1981 halloween 2 and go from there with that vibe which isnt rocket science to do.

dante tomaselli would be a great choice to direct

hey craig, why dont you and your wife write a script and send it in

#8 User is offline   Craig 

• Alba Gu Bràth
  • View blog

Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:03 PM

Boz, we already did a script.

It's set 7 years after RZ's H2, but has much more of the same vibe/feeling as the the original. Its filled with suspense & atmosphere and also explaines what happend at the end of RZ's H2. However, trying to get anyone in charge to look at our script, is a hard thing to do.

#9 User is offline   bozzer 

• The Beer Master

Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:19 PM

craig this is just a idea why not send your script to dick warlock let him read it and maybe he can pass it on to ther halloween producers, im sure he has some connections in there some where, just a thought buddy

#10 User is offline   Craig 

• Alba Gu Bràth
  • View blog

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:17 PM

It's worth a try I guess, you never know what might happen.

#11 User is offline   bozzer 

• The Beer Master

Posted 27 July 2012 - 06:17 PM

hope they get a better actress to play laurie strode this time around scout taylor comptom was so so in the remake but in h2 she annoyed the fuck out of me. here are a few of my choices for some of the lead roles in a new reboot

DR LOOMIS-----aiden quinn or harvey keitel

SHERIFF BRACKET---ted levine

LAURIE STRODE--- amy davidson

MICHAEL MYERS--- this is a tough one but i think why not give it to a unknown stuntman, some guy who is 6 feet and 190 to 200 pounds and give him the ball and let him run with it to see whsat he can do in the role of myers. get him to watch the older first 2 halloweens to get the feel for the role of myers and how he should be played and throw a bit of his own style in there. all they need to do is go to the stuntman assocation and interview a few guys.

#12 User is offline   Admiral Ackbar 

• Leviathan
  • View blog

Posted 28 July 2012 - 03:56 AM

My idea? Don't listen to the fans. They can't agree on anything, not even the original.

If/when they get around to making a Halloween movie, they should take note of films like Insidious and Paranormal Activity. Whether or not you like them, they were made on low budgets and were incredibly profitable. Those people are backing Rob Zombie's latest movie, which has a budget of $1.5 million, so even a modest debut will ensure profitability.

The Halloween fan base has dropped massivly in recent years, and they are talking about doing a remake on a budget of 5 mill or less, which will more than likely be direct to DVD. So what's the point? for me it would be crazy to remake/reboot it again, just to send it straight to DVD.

Where did you hear the DTV rumors?
It's a trap!

#13 User is offline   bozzer 

• The Beer Master

Posted 28 July 2012 - 11:29 AM

i think screen writer daniel farrands would be a good choice as well to write the next halloween, he wrote halloween 6 and i liked halloween 6 and some of his stuff was cut but can be seen on the producers cut.

the one thing i loved about h6 was when they showed the houses and the street and haddonfield looked pretty dam good of how it should hasve looked i think

one scene in h6 that farrands wanted in there but akkad said no was when myers was stabbing beth he wanted to have myers walk over to the window and look right at kara looking at him and then myers slowly close the blinds

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users