Horror movies discussion - Guts And Gory: Recent DVD pick up... - Horror movies discussion - Guts And Gory

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Recent DVD pick up...

#1 User is offline   Jack Frost 

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Veteran
  • LocationPirate Land

Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:56 PM

and finally they came, after around month of wait... There are few movies I haven't seen tho, so any non-spoiler suggestions will be useful. At least to prepare me for the flick or you can tell me that I am complete idiot for ordering this or that. :badgrin:

StageFright - haven't seen it yet, but it was cheap DVD, and I've heard some good things about it. Also, seen few other movies from same director, and he did some great work, so I figured I couldn't go wrong with that one. Has some minor extras, nothing special.

Dark Night of the Scarecrow- haven't seen it, but it's considered cult scarecrow movie. Same as above, very cheap DVD, with audio commentary, which is always a nice thing. Should have some other extras tho, like trailers and few different audio tracks.

I spit on your Grave (Millenium Edition) - Seen this one few times. This one looks like best transfer so far, and having Joe Bob Briggs audio commentary (plus few others) doesn't hurt. Lot of other extras, including Camillie Keaton interview (from the time when this edition came out). This was bit more expensive then rest of the DVDs.

Out of the Dark - clown mystery\thriller. Not the best TV flick out there, but it has some nice moments. DVD transfer doesn't look best tho, more like remastered VHS\TV rip. :( No extras.

Satan's Little Helper - great flick, from the director who made Just Before Dawn. Has hilarious audio commentary and one short "making of" which is also pretty funny. This cost bit more, since that DVD is currently out of the print (last I've heard). (there's other release in print tho, which doesn't have any extras)

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (Ultimate Edition) - this is 2 DVD edition. First one has movie with some commentary tracks, other DVD is filled with lot of extras.

and one more DVD release that I have to mention even if I bought it some time ago:

Re-Animator 2 DVD set release (Millenium Edition). It was pricey, but if you are fan of the movie and see this release, don't think, buy it! It's good transfer, has several audio commentaries, 5.1 sound, special "music score" track, original 2.0 audio, and some uber audio track (it's 1.2gb!). Second disc is filled with shitload of extras that run more then 6 hours! Definitively worth the price.
You know you are a true horror fan when someone sees your DVD collection and accuse you of being a Satanist. :wub:

#2 User is offline   Craig 

• Alba Gu Bràth
  • View blog
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:24 PM

All great movies Jack. I was actually telling Cheryl about *Out of the Dark* the other day.
You Can't Kill The Boogeyman

#3 User is offline   Jack Frost 

• Banned
  • View blog
  • LocationPirate Land

Posted 21 April 2012 - 08:43 AM

Cool. I had VHS of Out of the Dark, and watched it several times as kid. Then I transferred it to digital format, but VHS was already damaged, so quality was rather crappy. This is nice improvement, altho this DVD release isn't the best, it's better then thorn VHS transfer. :lol:

Planing to watch "Dark Night of the Scarecrow" tonight, heard it's one of the best TV movies ever (at least in horror genre).
You know you are a true horror fan when someone sees your DVD collection and accuse you of being a Satanist. :wub:

#4 User is offline   Craig 

• Alba Gu Bràth
  • View blog
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 22 April 2012 - 05:32 PM

Dark Night of the Scarecrow is freaking awesome. It's on my Blu-Ray list, hoping to pick it up soon.
You Can't Kill The Boogeyman

#5 User is offline   Jack Frost 

• Banned
  • View blog
  • LocationPirate Land

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:20 AM

Man, got to see it. Wanted to watch it today, but something came out, so I decided to leave it for tomorrow. One thing that I hate while watching any movie is pausing it all the time (especially if movie is great and has perfect mood)

but heck, I make exceptions of "no pause" rule on special movies like Plan 9 and Manos (both made me press pause more then 5 times and take a break.) :badgrin:

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users