Horror movies discussion - Guts And Gory: Last horror movie you've seen? - Horror movies discussion - Guts And Gory

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Last horror movie you've seen?

#1 User is offline   RugbyP 

• Pit Pig
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:12 PM

Just watched DETENTION - It was released last year at SXSW and I've been waiting faithfully for a year to finally see it in theaters. I thought it was definitely hilarious and gruesome all at the same time. Have any of you seen it yet?

Posted Image

#2 User is offline   Craig 

• Alba Gu BrĂ th
  • View blog
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:52 PM

Friday the 13th Part 2.
You Can't Kill The Boogeyman

#3 User is offline   Jack Frost 

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Veteran
  • LocationPirate Land

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:52 AM

Nope, but the cover looks alot like Rocktober Blood :lol:
You know you are a true horror fan when someone sees your DVD collection and accuse you of being a Satanist. :wub:

#4 User is offline   dpcraig 

• Cenobite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:58 PM

I was chilling at home and watched ABSENTIA. I liked it more after the fact than I did watching it, you know. It was slow burn...really slow burn...and I do like the music for the film...very synth-based and almost John Carpenter styled music score. I'm hoping for something to really knock me on my butt, though. That's the kind of horror film I need to see soon because it seems there's nothing out new but superhero flicks (not that I won't see them, but I need my horror fix, too).

#5 User is offline   Pendragon 

• Jason Fodder
  • PipPip
  • View blog

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:51 AM

The Devil's Hand (1962)

One of the rare times I've seen Neil Hamilton (Commissioner Gordon on television's "Batman") in a different role, here, as the leader of a voodoo cult. Linda Christian is absolutely stunning as a member of the cult, with Robert Alda (yes, the father of Alan Alda) as her object of affection. Low budget made, but not a bad story line.

#6 User is offline   Damien 

• Pit Master
  • PipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 17 August 2012 - 03:52 PM

I actualy watched DETENTION the other day, a strange but good film, part "Breakfast Club", part body swap/time travel film, part slasher film.

#7 User is offline   Pendragon 

• Jason Fodder
  • PipPip
  • View blog

Posted 29 September 2012 - 09:00 PM

Don't Be Afraid of the Dark (2011)

This remake of the 1973 classic with Jim Hutton and Kim Darby has a few things going for it but there are evident weaknesses in the screenplay. The CGI demons are not too bad but not quite as scary as the dwarf actors in the original. Not sure what the "children's teeth" sacrifice adds to the movie, if any.

#8 User is offline   Pendragon 

• Jason Fodder
  • PipPip
  • View blog

Posted 07 October 2012 - 12:39 AM

Just saw Don't Go In the House (1979)

Dan (The Sopranos) Grimaldi is the disturbed psychotic killer in this movie who likes to give women the flamethrower. Very talented actor. Very bright man, too, he has a PhD in Data Processing. It's the surprise final scene of this movie that really makes it worth watching.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users