Horror movies discussion - Guts And Gory: Hellraiser: Revelations - Horror movies discussion - Guts And Gory

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Hellraiser: Revelations

#1 User is offline   mechabobzilla 

• The Zilla
  • Pip
  • Group: Veteran

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:55 PM

Has anyone else seen this yet? I broke down and watched it on Netflix and though I didn't think it was great I didn't hate it either. I am a huge Hellraiser fan and thought it was better than the last two films. The guy playing Pinhead was trying his best to be Doug Bradley but just wasn't convincing. Plus he had this annoying lisp...PINHEAD DOESN't HAVE A LISP!!!!! Anyway it was ok to watch if you have absolutely nothing else watch.

#2 User is offline   Craig 

• Alba Gu BrĂ th
  • View blog
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:40 PM

Honestly, I thought it was a pile of dog-poo.
You Can't Kill The Boogeyman

#3 User is offline   Admiral Ackbar 

• Leviathan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Members
  • LocationThe centre of the universe

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:42 PM

View Postmechabobzilla, on 17 April 2012 - 12:55 PM, said:

Has anyone else seen this yet? I broke down and watched it on Netflix and though I didn't think it was great I didn't hate it either. I am a huge Hellraiser fan and thought it was better than the last two films. The guy playing Pinhead was trying his best to be Doug Bradley but just wasn't convincing. Plus he had this annoying lisp...PINHEAD DOESN't HAVE A LISP!!!!! Anyway it was ok to watch if you have absolutely nothing else watch.

You are in a very small minority with that view.
It's a trap!

#4 User is offline   Jack Frost 

• Banned
  • View blog
  • LocationPirate Land

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:55 AM

It was garbage. Longer youtube fan video at most. :lol: but that doesn't surprise me, since this movie was made only so producers wouldn't lose rights to Hellraiser franchise. So I really don't blame director or production crew (my guess is they had very little to no money for this)

ps. I have lot more things to watch. I can't even keep up with movies I really want to see, due to lack of free time. :/
You know you are a true horror fan when someone sees your DVD collection and accuse you of being a Satanist. :wub:

#5 User is offline   s0me-kind-0f-m0nster 

• Monsterman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:23 PM

yeeeeeeah.......this was pretty terrible some parts of the flick direclt ripped off form the original and the
the parts that weren't ripped off were completely terrible and the parts that were ripped off were done terribly as well

definatly not a fan

but then again there really wasn't much to expect here.
everyone knows the only reason why this film was made was to retain the rights to the franchise so I really wouldn't be suprised if Jack was right and this was a youtube fan film submission maded into a movie lol
People spend one day a year pretending to be monsters...
Me?
I've spent my entire life pretending I'm not one....

#6 User is offline   Admiral Ackbar 

• Leviathan
  • View blog

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:37 AM

The director basically worked for free and put that money into the FX budget, as that is his trade.
It's a trap!

#7 User is offline   Jack Frost 

• Banned
  • View blog
  • LocationPirate Land

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:06 AM

View Posts0me-kind-0f-m0nster, on 18 April 2012 - 10:23 PM, said:

everyone knows the only reason why this film was made was to retain the rights to the franchise so I really wouldn't be suprised if Jack was right and this was a youtube fan film submission maded into a movie lol

I am sure 150% this is the case. I have no clue who currently holds rights to Hellraiser, but since last TWO Hellraiser came out in 2005, and remake is taking ages (just to get greenlight), studio was probably gonna lose rights... So they decided it's easier to make another DTV Hellraiser flick for $10.000, then pay for rights again (which probably cost at least $1m)

You know, I don't blame them. If I was in same situation, I would probably do the same thing, and by making Revelation, they don't lose rights. I am not sure how long can you keep rights without making a film. 6 years maybe? (even less for very popular mainstream franchise)
You know you are a true horror fan when someone sees your DVD collection and accuse you of being a Satanist. :wub:

#8 User is offline   Admiral Ackbar 

• Leviathan
  • View blog

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:40 PM

The rights are held by Dimension, which is a part of the Weinstein Company.
It's a trap!

#9 User is offline   mechabobzilla 

• The Zilla
  • Pip

Posted 20 April 2012 - 01:17 PM

Yeah but when they lock up the rights again that keeps someone with a REAL vision for a Hellraiser movie from getting them. I have seen every Hellraiser film and watched the franchise slowly fall into slow boring death. Hellraiser: Revelation did suck big time but still thought it was one step better than Hellworld. Plus the female chatterer was kinda hot!!!!!

Posted Image

#10 User is offline   Jack Frost 

• Banned
  • View blog
  • LocationPirate Land

Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:30 PM

Yep.. hot girls. I watched Codename:Ying-Yang, and both girls were hot. Especially Agent Yang. :badgrin: But the movie is really bad, altho it has spirit. Only no nudity, which wouldn't be a bad thing if Yang showed her tits (and she has nice firm pack)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users