Help Corey Haim Get A Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame Walk of fame campaign
Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:14 PM
Corey stated he wanted a star on the Hollywood walk of fame. A fan of Corey’s on Twitter (@neverforgethaim) created an online petition through twitter (known as a ‘twitition’) and has begun a campaign in support of this, in order to get Corey the star he wanted.”
Joe Raffa and Harrison Smith (writers/producers) of forthcoming movie six Degrees of Hell, starring Corey Feldman agreed to back this campaign. Six Degrees of Hell tweet regularly about the campaign to their followers, wrote an extremely touching and passionate blog and are working on plans for helping bring this to fruition.
– The guys at Six Degrees of hell are working hard on this campaign including:
-They are in contact with the Haim Family who are assisting them in all ways possible
-Six Degrees have already arranged the official signatory for the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce application forms and are in contact with the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce. They are working on letters of influence and other stuff needed to support this application. There is a post-humous 5-yr ruling, as we all know, but Six Degrees are working on this. Who knows, maybe something can be done about this – we shall have to wait and see.
– They have events planned, where they will gather support from industry folk, including a Benefit Screening of Six Degrees of Hell in honour of Haim later this year
-Six Degs are working with various close friends of Corey and all are actively supporting the efforts being made.
-We are all busy ‘hitting up’ twitter accounts, FB pages, Website contact forms etc. We have had responses from a couple of ‘bigger players’ and felt that the follow-up was better from Six Degrees to ensure a professional approach but as and when there are updates on these they will of course be shared widely.
– We have recently made successful contact with the Web Mistress for Corey Haim’s site. She has now, very kindly, posted the links to the Twitter petition and Facebook page. There have of course been posts and blogs made on various fan-sites across the globe. These are captured on the FB page too.
-People like G Tom Mac, Alyssa Milano etc are aware of this campaign already so we don’t need to badger them about it.
– Liketotally80s.com published an article we submitted to them http://liketotally80....wood-star.html
– Very importantly, Corey Feldman, Judy and Cari Haim are all aware of all of our efforts and are 100% on board with this project. I know some think Corey F has been pretty quiet on this, but when the time is right you will all hear him!
please share the information if you can. These are three important articles regarding this campaign and the media treatment of Corey.
Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:03 PM
* The makers of American Sunset already have their Corey site (http://coreyhaimremembered.com/ ) and are now onboard with our campaign and as a result will be offering a ‘Special’ on the American Sunset DVD where a percentage of the cost will be donated to the cost of the star.
We all want to be a part of securing the star for Corey. We have tweeted, Facebooked, signed a petition AND NOW we will be able to say we helped raise the funds – and even have a keepsake at the end of it in the form of a DVD to watch over and over...... Once the offer is available we will ensure the link is tweeted and added to the ‘Official’ Facebook page and posted everywhere possible.
To make this happen you do all need to buy, buy, buy tho
* There was a red carpet event in LA this week, for forthcoming movie The Fields, which had a very high celeb and industry folk turnout. Harrison, together with a personal friend of the Haim Family, begun collecting signatures in support of our campaign, as well as personal endorsement letters too. The Chamber of Commerce will be shown the start of this letter gathering in the forthcoming weeks.
* The Benefit screening of Six Degrees of Hell is still planned for later in the year
* Corey Feldman, as said in the last update, is totally up-to-date on all developments and completely on board. So no need to clog his twitter timeline and Facebook page with requests on this please – We don’t want to put people off by applying constant pressure
* Keep doing what you are doing peeps to drum up support and to get this campaign out there
WELL DONE TO ALL INVOLVED x
http://www.sixdegree...ie.com/apps/blo … n-the-most
http://www.liketotal...s.com/corey-hai … -star.html
Posted 27 April 2012 - 06:45 PM
Global Universal & Six Degrees of Hell, who are official reps for this campaign, are pleased to officially announce that a percentage of the sale of every copy of the American Sunset DVD will go towards the fund for Corey's star.
YOU CAN MAKE THIS HAPPEN! We all want this don't we? So please please head on over and make your purchases. The link is below and I have also included a passionate blog post by Six Degrees of Hell which will tell you why they offered - they didn't have to be asked! - to make this real for us.
Do it for Corey. Time for us all to make a difference. To make this happen
Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:20 PM
#GiveCoreyaStar - Update III
Exciting News received today from 6 Degrees of Hell.
Work has continued on securing official nomination letters to add to those that were gathered at the recent red carpet event in LA. We now have some big names supporting our efforts including Mickey Rooney and Dick Van Dyke!
This portfolio of letters will be presented to the Chamber of Commerce in the coming few weeks and the groundwork has been laid to waive the mandatory 5 year waiting period for a deceased celebrity. This is by no means confirmed but those involved are hopeful. We are asking for rules to be ‘bent’ here so this is being handled carefully by our ‘representatives’
There is of course the fee!. To pull this off we need to raise that fee.
There will be the 6 Degrees of Hell benefit screening, mentioned previously, to which a huge number of A-listers will be invited.
We also have the American Sunset campaign – We need to promote this. We need people to purchase that DVD.
One Corey Haim Facebook page has 11,000+ members – imagine if they all purchased one!!
Time to ‘up the ante’ folks and push this out there. Tweet it, Facebook it, 'Post' it anywhere and everywhere.
If you need the links to the Twitition, Facebook Page, American Sunset deal etc – please shout! Any ideas you have – share them. We can make them work!
http://twitition.com/a5xkh THE PETITION
or give a like on FB if you don't have a twitter
Posted 04 June 2012 - 11:55 AM
Posted 14 July 2012 - 08:36 AM
Strong Efforts are Underway to Get COREY HAIM a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame! We, here at The Greatest Show on Earth, have partnered with the effort and produced this Public Service Announcement. We are proud to be a part of such a determined and motivated fan base. Please join us and make this happen!