Horror movies discussion - Guts And Gory: The Cabin in the Woods ? - Horror movies discussion - Guts And Gory

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Cabin in the Woods ?

#1 User is offline   Jack Frost 

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Veteran
  • LocationPirate Land

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:11 PM

Anyone seen it or going to see this one?

I've heard some positive things about it, but haven't seen it myself yet.

From what I've heard, it pays homage to several classic horror flicks and does what Scream does, it makes fan of the horror movies and itself, while still being horror flick and not complete spoof of the genre.

btw, I have no clue why people keep telling this is Evil Dead rip off without even seeing a movie? I just checked out the trailer and just from that I realize this has nothing to do with Evil Dead. The only similar thing about it is that it's set in cabin in the middle of woods.
You know you are a true horror fan when someone sees your DVD collection and accuse you of being a Satanist. :wub:

#2 User is offline   bozzer 

• The Beer Master

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:54 PM

my wife and i cant wait to see this movie

#3 User is offline   Jack Frost 

• Banned
  • View blog
  • LocationPirate Land

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:17 AM

I am always in a mood for a flick that is Evil Deadish in it's nature.... even if it's ripoff!

Some Evil Dead rip off turned out to be descent. The only one that I really hated was Indian Frame-by-Frame remake of Evil Dead...
You know you are a true horror fan when someone sees your DVD collection and accuse you of being a Satanist. :wub:

#4 User is offline   cky_okc 

• Texas Chainsaw
  • Pip

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:19 PM

I'm going to go see it in a couple of hours.

#5 User is offline   cky_okc 

• Texas Chainsaw
  • Pip

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:19 PM

I didn't know what to think after watching the trailer. I guess I liked it enough to go see it. Well it was way different than what I thought it would be,but in a good way. I really liked it. It will remind you of other movies,but I don't think it is a rip off. Its fun and suspencefull. Good amount of horror also. I waited til after the credits to see if there was anything else. I don't think they really left it open for a sequal. The only thing that reminded me of Evil Dead was when they first pulled up to the cabin. Just a low shot of the cabin,nothing more. I think its worth checking out.

#6 User is offline   Jack Frost 

• Banned
  • View blog
  • LocationPirate Land

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:49 PM

Good to know. I heard several positive "word of mouth" things about it. Sorry, but I rarely trust big reviewers because they are easily "corruptible" (some of them, like ArrowIntheHead, gave purposely positive review, only so they could get on front cover of DVD)

I trust more when fans of the genre say positive things (or negative for that matter)

#7 User is offline   mechabobzilla 

• The Zilla
  • Pip

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:48 PM

Went and saw this over the weekend and thought it was really good. I wasn't watching the clock like I seem to do with most crap that comes out of Hollywood lately. Definitely worth seeing.

#8 User is offline   speedy 

• Skav
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:45 AM

I would like to know where these positive reviews are coming from because I have only seen and heard bad things about it.

#9 User is offline   Craig 

• Alba Gu Bràth
  • View blog
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 19 April 2012 - 04:11 PM

Skav, the reviews for this have been very good. From IMDB to most well known horror sites are all raving about it.
You Can't Kill The Boogeyman

#10 User is offline   beowulf 

• Long live the Pit
  • PipPip

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:29 PM

saw it this past weekend . interesting film with some truly odd twists , and an unexpected ending . it pays homage to several horror films , but that just adds to the film ,keep your eyes open and watch for the little things ! overall I`d have to say I liked it .

#11 User is offline   Jack Frost 

• Banned
  • View blog
  • LocationPirate Land

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:53 PM

View Postspeedy, on 19 April 2012 - 10:45 AM, said:

I would like to know where these positive reviews are coming from because I have only seen and heard bad things about it.

People on forums, internet, even torrent trackers. Not all of them were "OGM, GO SEE THIS!" but most of them said it's either good flick or at least entertaining.

#12 User is offline   RugbyP 

• Pit Pig
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 April 2012 - 05:16 PM

I definitely agree - the overall sentiment is 'go see this movie' and that's exactly what I'll be doing this weekend. Just a note though, the longer you wait, the harder it's going to be to avoid the spoilers. I definitely appreciate the people posting who warn about spoilers before I actually click on a topic.
Posted Image

#13 User is offline   Jack Frost 

• Banned
  • View blog
  • LocationPirate Land

Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:37 PM

well, for new(er) movies we usually avoid spoilers... but share general thought about the movie which don't give away anything (was it good\bad? FX? direction and so on...)

#14 User is offline   Steven 

• Long live the Pit
  • PipPipPipPip
  • LocationLangley, BC CANADA

Posted 21 April 2012 - 04:05 AM

Saw it today... had sometime to kill in between calls.... so figure Id check it out... meh... not bad not great IMO... Personally Id recommend it as a rental! The premise was cool I thought up until the end when they explain it all... then I was kinda like awww man! :D

#15 User is offline   Craig 

• Alba Gu Bràth
  • View blog

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:45 PM

View PostSteven, on 21 April 2012 - 04:05 AM, said:

Saw it today... had sometime to kill in between calls.... so figure Id check it out... meh... not bad not great IMO... Personally Id recommend it as a rental.

This coming from a man who loves RZ's version of Halloween :badgrin: B)

#16 User is offline   Steven 

• Long live the Pit
  • PipPipPipPip
  • LocationLangley, BC CANADA

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:30 AM

Oh youre gonna get it Craig!!!!!! :P

#17 User is offline   Craig 

• Alba Gu Bràth
  • View blog

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:54 PM

Just saw it today and thought it was really good. It's not a *scary horror movie* more of a weird dark comedy horror. It's kinda hard to explain lol. Anyway, if you're looking for, or expecting an old school Evil Dead type movie, then this is not it.

#18 User is offline   shaundynamite 

• Pit Dynamite
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationHill Valley, KY

Posted 15 July 2012 - 02:58 PM

I really enjoyed it, but was disappointed by the final act.
you're not foolin' me 'cause I can see the way u shake and shiver

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users