Horror movies discussion - Guts And Gory: stephen king writing slasher called joyland - Horror movies discussion - Guts And Gory

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

stephen king writing slasher called joyland

#1 User is offline   bozzer 

• The Beer Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Veteran

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:12 AM

here the article on this

You’d think at the ripe old age of 65 horror author Stephen King would slow a bit, but to the fan’s delight that’s not the case at all…

King, who is also penning “Dr. Sleep,” a sequel to his classic “The Shining,” is currently at work at a new slasher tale entitled “Joyland.”

Author Neil Gaiman tells the U.K.’s Sunday Times that King is “writing a book called “Joyland,” about an amusement park serial killer.”

King, who is being interviewed by Gaiman, jokes about his own death, and how his son, Joe Hill, could finish it.

“So if I got hit by a taxi cab, like Margaret Mitchell… “Joyland” wouldn’t be done but Joe could finish it, in a breeze. His style is almost indistinguishable from mine. His ideas are better than mine. Being around Joe is like being next to a Catherine Wheel throwing off sparks, all these ideas. I do want to slow down. My agent is dickering with the publishers about “Dr. Sleep,” that’s the sequel to “The Shining,” but I held off showing them the manuscript because I wanted time to breathe.”

#2 User is offline   Jack Frost 

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Veteran
  • LocationPirate Land

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:22 PM

hmm, dunno how King will find himself in slasher story... btw, I've heard he's writing sequel to The Shining? (not script, just another book)
You know you are a true horror fan when someone sees your DVD collection and accuse you of being a Satanist. :wub:

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users