Horror movies discussion - Guts And Gory: The future of Halloween / Michael Myers - Horror movies discussion - Guts And Gory

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The future of Halloween / Michael Myers

#1 User is offline   Craig 

• Alba Gu Bràth
  • View blog
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:03 PM

Okay, with news that Platinum Dunes is an emerging candidate to produce the next Halloween film. What storyline/idea would you like to see?

1) Making the holiday of Halloween the main characters in the movie and not the guy wielding the knife. Something in the style of Trick 'r Treat.

2) A film focused on what matters in the story: babysitter on Halloween. All new characters, but with the same plot as the original.

3) A straight up reboot. Same story, same plot, same characters.

4) A standalone story with Michael Myers that can do its own thing without worrying about being "attached" to anything in the series.

5) A continuation from RZ’s H2: Maybe start H3 by showing us the end of RZ’s H2, and then move forward several years later. Only this time H3 would go back to having the same feeling as the original Halloween?
You Can't Kill The Boogeyman

#2 User is offline   Admiral Ackbar 

• Leviathan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Members
  • LocationThe centre of the universe

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:17 PM

The best option would be a reboot. Continuing from RZH2 would be a disaster. More people watched the director's cut on DVD than in theaters. Everyone is dead in that and major retconning would have to happen, beyond the normal amount.

Whether you liked it or not, Zombie's movies had a very unique look to them. Whoever takes over would have a different way of filming, which would be a huge change. Every PD movie has a fake, glossy look to it, which would be a stark contrast to the grit of the Zombieverse.
It's a trap!

#3 User is offline   Crafter 

• Pit Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Veteran

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:59 AM

I say stick with the concept: Babysitter and Halloween. Isolate the babysitter, cut off her source of contact with the outside, since this would be set in modern times have the Shape (Drop name of Myers, have the killer mysterious, don't know who he is or why he's doing the things he's doing) sneak in and out of houses, stealing the cell phones of his victims. Having him slash the tires of his prey, making it difficult for them to escape. Having him blend in with other people dressed up in costumes. Have the same ambiance of the original, the same score, though it should be like the original.

#4 User is offline   bozzer 

• The Beer Master

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:25 PM

also i would like to see myers all over haddonfield kinda like he did in halloween 4 and would be cool to see the kills in the 10 to 12 range.

if they reboot this then we need a new dr loomis and one guy weho comes to mind and if you ever seen him in the movie KISS THE GIRLS as dr cross then i think you would agree i think that he would make a good dr loomis. another guy who would be good would be actor AIDAN QUINN

also with michael myers if they choose the reboot route then we can get a more normal size myers who i think should be around 6 feet and 200 pounds in my opnion. i been thinking about it to who should play myers and really this time around no well known name as myers go with some new young stuntman guy around 20 years old and give a new guy a shot at the role who will look at the first to halloweens to get the vibe of myers so he does a good job

like craft says and i agree have myers blend in with other people on halloween night where every one is wearing costumes and masks and so on. i didnt mind rob zombie 2 halloween movies and tyler main was good as myers even at 6 foot 7 but now its time to get back to the basics. myers needs to blend in this reboot if they reboot it and not do a sequel. remember in 1981 halloween 2 the cops drove by myers and they had no clue.

laurie strode should be played by amy davidon, good actress.

also someone cast bruce campbell already in a dam halloween already lol lol sorry but i have always wanted him to be in a halloween movie, maybe this time around. bruce cambell is a good actor would be cool to see him in some kind of role

sheriff bracket in my opnion TED LEVINE

as for myers trade mark weapon it can be his knife but would like to see some trademark kills like the myers slit throat by the knife kill, some kind of axe kill as well and some gory kills and so on.

as for director fuck i have a whole list of directors. i think the director should a guy who we all like and know that he will do a good job

halloween gets another kick at the can, hope its a kick ass one

#5 User is offline   Crafter 

• Pit Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:49 PM

There wasn't much of a high body count in the original 1978 version. I think it would work best if there were a limited number of kills.

Those who don't watch horror, or never have seen a horror film talk about how the film could be better without showing the people dying. I mean having the knife or axe raised and striking someone without even showing it. We hear the sound of the blade stabbing into the flesh.

#6 User is offline   Craig 

• Alba Gu Bràth
  • View blog

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:52 PM

View PostCrafter, on 05 April 2012 - 11:49 PM, said:

There wasn't much of a high body count in the original 1978 version. I think it would work best if there were a limited number of kills.

I agree, there is no need for a high body count.

#7 User is offline   bozzer 

• The Beer Master

Posted 06 April 2012 - 01:26 AM

in my opnion i would like to see more then 6 kills in the new halloween, i mean there doesnt have to be 20 kills, but more then 6, just my opnion

#8 User is offline   Jack Frost 

• Banned
  • View blog
  • LocationPirate Land

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:06 PM

View PostCrafter, on 05 April 2012 - 12:59 AM, said:

I say stick with the concept: Babysitter and Halloween. Isolate the babysitter, cut off her source of contact with the outside, since this would be set in modern times have the Shape (Drop name of Myers, have the killer mysterious, don't know who he is or why he's doing the things he's doing) sneak in and out of houses, stealing the cell phones of his victims. Having him slash the tires of his prey, making it difficult for them to escape. Having him blend in with other people dressed up in costumes. Have the same ambiance of the original, the same score, though it should be like the original.

Fine ideas, but there are two problems:

1. Stealing cell phones? You're serious? :rofl:
2. Having killer in costume is good idea, but it would hardly work. It's not like you can't notice a guy in a costume when all the children are running around... but it could work if there's, let's say "adult costume party" on Halloween... only, then, it wouldn't feel much like Halloween but rather then some "other slasher".

anyway, I think those movies should just be left for dead. It's not working anymore, times are different. It's like expecting people to be interested in Three Stooges doing pie-to-the-face gag. They should be focused on making new movies and new icons, instead of beating the dead horse on long time dead series. SAW is one example how can one indi flick be turned into cash machine (love it or hate it, it was successful series, until they bored the shit out of people with one movie per year)

you know, King Kong, Godzilla, Wolfman, Dracula, Mummy and few others were replaced with '80 icons... I don't see the reason why Freddy, Jason, Myers and Leatherface will have problem being replaced if they just put some effort into it.
You know you are a true horror fan when someone sees your DVD collection and accuse you of being a Satanist. :wub:

#9 User is offline   Admiral Ackbar 

• Leviathan
  • View blog

Posted 06 April 2012 - 03:03 PM

"There is no terror in the bang, only in the anticipation of it." - Alfred Hitchcock

Kills alone don't make a movie good. Anyone who thinks that doesn't understand the original classic.
It's a trap!

#10 User is offline   Craig 

• Alba Gu Bràth
  • View blog

Posted 06 April 2012 - 04:54 PM

View PostAdmiral Ackbar, on 06 April 2012 - 03:03 PM, said:

"There is no terror in the bang, only in the anticipation of it." - Alfred Hitchcock

Kills alone don't make a movie good. Anyone who thinks that doesn't understand the original classic.

Agreed 100%. It's all about the suspense, the atmosphere, and the anticipation. Having a high body count is not what Halloween is about, leave that to the other horror franchise.

#11 User is offline   Admiral Ackbar 

• Leviathan
  • View blog

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:47 PM

Unfortunately, when the people making the movies decided to start copying Friday The 13th, it turned into that.
It's a trap!

#12 User is offline   Jack Frost 

• Banned
  • View blog
  • LocationPirate Land

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:36 PM

hmm, usually the sequels have higher body count, but original tend to be low on bodies. Maybe it's the budget.

Halloween and TCM didn't even have a blood. Elm Street had only few kills but they were all unique. F13th was probably the one with highest bodycount of originals... oh and speaking of Jason's bc... Jason X had like 30 kills, but non of them were very memorable.

oh and I agree that movie should be atmospheric... but when it comes to slashers, I like when they have good kills. It's not like I am gonna watch them for cleaver plots (in that case I am gonna watch Hitchock or Bergman, or Lynch and Cronenberg) but I like when my slasher has good kills (doesn't need high bodycount tho if kills are good) and lot of tits. :badgrin: :rolleyes: You know, '80 slasher mostly stick to specific formula, and newer slasher usually tend to be smarter then they are, so they end up confusing or just ridiculous (fuck all that psychological crap, I want regular backwood retard with big axe)
You know you are a true horror fan when someone sees your DVD collection and accuse you of being a Satanist. :wub:

#13 User is offline   Craig 

• Alba Gu Bràth
  • View blog

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:30 AM

View PostJack Frost, on 06 April 2012 - 11:36 PM, said:

hmm, usually the sequels have higher body count, but original tend to be low on bodies. Maybe it's the budget.

Well the reason the sequels had more kills is because they forget what the Boogeyman was all about. The took the series in another direction that had no suspense or atmosphere. It was all about how many kills they could get within the 90 min movie.

Halloween was always about a stalker hunting/watching his prey and waiting for the right moment to kill. It was NOT a slasher movie at all, and I think that is waht some fans seem to forget.

#14 User is offline   Jack Frost 

• Banned
  • View blog
  • LocationPirate Land

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:21 AM

:talker: agree there. It's funny because Jason was copy of Myers, but later Myers became copy of Jason (somewhere aroud 6th movie I think, H20 is totally F13th, and Resurrection... don't even get started on that one.)

Anyway, I recently picked up Halloween pack that has part 4-6, so I am gonna rewatch them soon. Haven't seen them in ages. Still waiting for part 3 to make it's way to my mail, but seems like it's not gonna happen anytime soon. :duh:

dunno what others think of Halloween 3, but I thought it was goddamn awesome flick on it's own. :clap: It probably wouldn't be so hated if there wasn't that "Halloween 3" title in it, and fans wouldn't hate it so much if it was just called "Season of the Witch"

#15 User is offline   Craig 

• Alba Gu Bràth
  • View blog

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:57 PM

Well they started going for the Jason effect in Halloween 4. They started off with Tom Morga as Myers and then replaced him with GPW. Not only that, they made GPW wear hockey pads to make him look bigger, just like Jason.

#16 User is offline   Jack Frost 

• Banned
  • View blog
  • LocationPirate Land

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:26 PM

Wasn't he big guy... by you know, nature? :talker: just kiddin' I remember he talked about it in one of the extras on Halloween DVDs. :pinhead:

#17 User is offline   speedy 

• Skav
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 April 2012 - 01:21 PM

As somebody else said earlier, ditch the sister storyline and just have Mike stalk baby sitters.

#18 User is offline   Jake The Snake 

• Pit Pig
  • Pip

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:45 PM

In my honest opinion they should continue from RZH2 would love to see what all happens to Laurie in the mental hospital I love the Rob Zombie ones I know alot of people didn't care for them but if they could just stick with the storyline from H2 then I would be happy

#19 User is offline   Admiral Ackbar 

• Leviathan
  • View blog

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:54 PM

Everyone is dead though, so it would take a huge retcon to bring Laurie back. She isn't as death proof as Michael.
It's a trap!

#20 User is offline   Jack Frost 

• Banned
  • View blog
  • LocationPirate Land

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:25 PM

Hey, Michael got his head chopped at the end of H20, but they found an excuse to bring him back for H8 (thank God it wasn't the same idea they used on F13 pt 5!) ... so I wouldn't worry much about how character are gonna survive if they really want H3 to happen.

and of course, they could always leave Loomis and Laurie for dead, just bring Michael and get him to stalk new characters.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users