Horror movies discussion - Guts And Gory: Platinum Dunes making the next Halloween movie? - Horror movies discussion - Guts And Gory

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Platinum Dunes making the next Halloween movie?

#1 User is offline   Admiral Ackbar 

• Leviathan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Members
  • LocationThe centre of the universe

Posted 01 April 2012 - 08:40 PM

http://www.bloody-di....com/news/28974

If this isn't an April Fools Joke, it is terrible news.
It's a trap!

#2 User is offline   Crafter 

• Pit Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Veteran

Posted 02 April 2012 - 02:31 PM

Just drop it. PD are in need of a talented writer to come up with the plot for this film. If they can pull it off by having the style and flow of the original film, then they're doing their jobs. If they decide to follow in Rob Zombie's footsteps, then this film will go down the tubes as another degrading, piece of trash film.

It's unfortunate, that today's new generation of horror fans are presented with these remakes and reinventions. Though I'm holding my tongue and will wait and see if this film happens or not. This is the same thing with the Friday the 13th sequel.

#3 User is offline   Craig 

• Alba Gu Bràth
  • View blog
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 02 April 2012 - 05:05 PM

I hope this is not true.
You Can't Kill The Boogeyman

#4 User is offline   Jack Frost 

• Banned
  • View blog
  • LocationPirate Land

Posted 02 April 2012 - 05:07 PM

Derek Mears said on his facebook that he was not contacted for F13th sequel, so I doubt it's gonna happen anytime soon.

but... you can always bet they'll remake the remake in 3 to 5 years. :badgrin:
Reboot of Reboot is probably gonna hit Elm Street too. :rolleyes:
You know you are a true horror fan when someone sees your DVD collection and accuse you of being a Satanist. :wub:

#5 User is offline   Craig 

• Alba Gu Bràth
  • View blog

Posted 02 April 2012 - 05:10 PM

Honestly, the Friday The 13th remake was shit, and the ANOES remake was even worse.

#6 User is offline   bozzer 

• The Beer Master

Posted 03 April 2012 - 03:49 PM

looks though this may be true and not a joke, read on down below

http://www.joblo.com...-platinum-dunes

#7 User is offline   speedy 

• Skav
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 April 2012 - 04:34 PM

I don't think it's all bad news. The TCM remake was cool and the only truly terrible remake that they did was NOES. It's not going to be great whoever directs and writes it.

#8 User is offline   Craig 

• Alba Gu Bràth
  • View blog

Posted 03 April 2012 - 04:45 PM

Skav, what about the Friday The 13th remake? that was also bad. The only good one they have done was the TCM remake.

#9 User is offline   bozzer 

• The Beer Master

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:27 PM

i cant wait to see who they get for the director if they are the ones to do the next halloween, there is other companies in the running to do it as well so it will be cool to see who get it

#10 User is offline   Craig 

• Alba Gu Bràth
  • View blog

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:39 PM

OK, honestly. I first heard about this 9 months ago from *someone I know.*

I was told the new film will NOT follow "RZ's Halloween" and this will be a new, properly done remake. No 3D, no gimmicky BS to waste extra money on a ticket for. It will be a simple, straight up, done right film in the vein of the classic.

Either way, whether the Dunes talk falls through or not, the NEW Halloween release will be another re-telling/reboot/remake from the get go and the RZ nonsense, will never be seen or heard from again.

Also, no Farmer, no Jason X-esque writing and a back-to-basics return to Haddonfield USA, NOT Haddonfield "I need a shower, redneck town" and the f-bomb every 60 seocnds. Both, TF and PL were only brought in/commissioned to write an IDEA for Halloween 3D, they were never contracted for hire on the new project, not once infact.

TF's script ideas was NOT well received by the higher-ups and it was scrapped. Infact, he submitted three separate scripts, all wish were deemed no good.

1) The new Halloween, is likely gettinhg made by Platinum Dunes. Talks are currently underway and going extremely well.

2) It will have NOTHING to do with Todd Farmer's three different scripts.

3) It will NOT be shot in gimmicky 3D.

4) It WILL be a re-telling of the ORIGINAL story... ala Carpernter's classic.

5) It WILL NOT have any connection to the RZH disaster(s)

#11 User is offline   Jack Frost 

• Banned
  • View blog
  • LocationPirate Land

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:47 PM

hmm... dunno really... NOES was garbage. Worst thing about it is that it could have been a descent flick, if not all BS was added for god-knows-what reason. No matter what people and fanboys say, I loved Jackie as Freddy. Rest of the cast was wasted, because most of them have talents, but were horribly misused in this flick.

and Friday the 13th... hmm, dunno. It is a crap, but I didn't hate it. Maybe it has to do that I am not fan of original series so this one felt like big budget sequel to me. Only, this one wasn't made in '80 and I really hate modern camera looks. '70 and '80 camera rocks.
You know you are a true horror fan when someone sees your DVD collection and accuse you of being a Satanist. :wub:

#12 User is offline   Craig 

• Alba Gu Bràth
  • View blog

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:31 PM

A Nightmare on Elm Street, The Amityville Horror, Friday The 13th, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre... Out of all these remakes the only one that was any good was the TCM, now can anyone tell me why?.... I mean, what's the difference between the TCM remake and the other three that made it good?

#13 User is offline   Jack Frost 

• Banned
  • View blog
  • LocationPirate Land

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:48 PM

hmm... Dunno TCM remake was descent, but still I didn't think it was THAT good... but if I would have to say, I would pick it for serious tone (no slapstick, no over the top things, no jokes) and it clearly tries to stay in tone of original series. Dialogue was also good most of the time, unlike F13th which was all about nude girls and some of the most idiotic lines ever used in history of remakes (check out the rich prick commenting girls boobs in sex scene... THE FUCK? Who the heck says something like that?) and Elm Street dialogue was garbage more often... and TCm didn't have "random" scenes like F13th that don't advance plot in any way (F13th had shitload of them) ... Elm Street didn't suffer from that problem, but dialogue was bad and kills were boring (overall story actually has some descent parts) and it draaaaaaaaags in some parts way too much. It's funny that best kill happens in opening scene. :rolleyes:

still when it comes to him and guy who directed Elm Street, Marcus turn out to be better director (comparison here is made on fact that they were both music video directors before they made movie\s). He knows how to use his actors, only he has problem with getting lame scripts to direct.

#14 User is offline   bozzer 

• The Beer Master

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:15 AM

one thing forsure is we will probably see a new guy play michael myers and will be cool to see what they do with the mask

#15 User is offline   Craig 

• Alba Gu Bràth
  • View blog

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:20 AM

Well they already have a new official licensed Halloween mask for sale. It looks pretty good, I hope they go with this one.
http://www.trickortreatstudios.com/

#16 User is offline   bozzer 

• The Beer Master

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:30 AM

that one does look good craig. i think if they are going back to the style of john carpenter halloween i think sand hope we see the classic ol mask. i would love to see the look of the mask from 1981 h2 mask

craig who would you like to see be myers

#17 User is offline   Craig 

• Alba Gu Bràth
  • View blog

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:20 AM

Doug Tait, I saw Doug wearing the whole Myers outfit (including the mask made by Justin Mabry) and he looked the part.

On another note. I'm still not sure if I like the idea of Platinum Dunes producing the next Halloween film. There takes on Friday the 13th, A Nightmare on Elm Street and The Amityville Horror all kinda sucked. Not to mention that there are no plans for a sequel to any of those movies right now. Is Platinum Dunes the place franchises go to "temporarily die"?

#18 User is offline   Admiral Ackbar 

• Leviathan
  • View blog
  • Group: Members
  • LocationThe centre of the universe

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:41 AM

If I were to guess it's gonna be about a group of friends on a trip. They break down in Haddonfield (or hell, maybe even an unnamed town). Michael ends up picking off one by one each of the criminally underdeveloped characters that nobody cares about. Including the annoying comedy relief character(s) who may or may not be portrayed by a minority. In the end the prettiest girl/biggest name actor whose character we know very little about survives. And then there's a stinger that shows us Michael didn't die and sets up a sequel that never ever comes.

This sums up every PD movie rather well.
It's a trap!

#19 User is offline   Jack Frost 

• Banned
  • View blog
  • LocationPirate Land

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:24 AM

:rofl: didn't work well with F13th and Elm Street. :lol2:

I just want to see sequel to F13th for one simple reason: how the heck they are gonna bring Jason back, since his skull was grained to half at the end of the movie. (I am not counting that "jump-from-the-lake" scene as return, since you know they had to add that scene)

#20 User is offline   Craig 

• Alba Gu Bràth
  • View blog

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:59 PM

I have a feeling we'll see some actors from the CW channel in the next Halloween installment.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users