Horror movies discussion - Guts And Gory: Michael Bay un-mutates TMNT - Horror movies discussion - Guts And Gory

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Michael Bay un-mutates TMNT God help us all...

#1 User is offline   Jack Frost 

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Veteran
  • LocationPirate Land

Posted 21 March 2012 - 05:57 PM

Turns out, they're not actually mutated box turtles trained in the arts of murder by a disgruntled rat - they were really just aliens all along. Presumably from the plastic planet located one exit further down from the 'Transformers' home-world.

http://popwatch.ew.c...turtles-aliens/

http://blog.sfgate.c...-fans-to-chill/

“When you see this movie, kids are going to believe one day these turtles actually do exist when we are done with this movie,” said Bay as he took the stage to discuss his new vision for the reptilian reboot. “These turtles are from an alien race, and they are going to be tough, edgy, funny and completely loveable.”

Funny? Edgy? Lovable? Like those two getto robots from Transfromers 2?

“Fans need to take a breath, and chill. They have not read the script. Our team is working closely with one of the original creators of Ninja Turtles to help expand and give a more complex back story… Relax, we are including everything that made you become fans in the first place. We are just building a richer world.”

I am sure he made them alien only so he would have excuse for using explosions...

SOMEBODY, PLEASE STOP THIS GUY! NOW!
You know you are a true horror fan when someone sees your DVD collection and accuse you of being a Satanist. :wub:

#2 User is offline   dpcraig 

• Cenobite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:55 PM

I've heard whispers that they mutate from alien dna that takes over a government lab trying to create bio-gen weapons out of lab animals (a-la Island of Dr. Moreau). The hand-to-hand and further combat knowledge is from brain experiments done on lab rats specifically at that time. I have to say that is far more plausible than the original reasoning...but, still...it's all a lot of suspension of disbelief, so why they couldn't just leave it alone is beyond me.

#3 User is offline   Jack Frost 

• Banned
  • View blog
  • LocationPirate Land

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:43 PM

hmm... ok, read Bay's quote again, then tell me where is the paradox in all of that...

Relax, we are including everything that made you become fans in the first place

So... what about mutated turtles that got trained by mutated rat?

I tell you, he's using aliens only so he could have excuse to use lot of explosions... I wouldn't be surprised if Transformers pops up somewhere in that movie, just to blow things up.
You know you are a true horror fan when someone sees your DVD collection and accuse you of being a Satanist. :wub:

#4 User is offline   dpcraig 

• Cenobite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:24 PM

Oh, I agree...it'll be a cold day in Hell when Michael Bay doesn't want to use guns or explosions in his films. TMNT is supposed to consist of the hand-to-hand fighting and weaponry of ninjuitsu specifically - also it is about honor and the martial arts, too - I can see a real struggle for him to stick to only that.

#5 User is offline   Jack Frost 

• Banned
  • View blog
  • LocationPirate Land

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:44 PM

Cold day in Hell indeed....

but you know the funniest thing? TMNT comics, original issues were lot different then cartoon show. Turtles were rather ruthless (trained as assassins), and Splinter just used them to get revenge on his rival (who became Shredder in cartoon). There was no betrayal on Shredder's part, Splinter just wanted his old rival dead... and Leonardo of all, forces Shredder to commit seppuku (harakiri). Turtles weren't comical also, they were all deadly serious (even Michelangelo)

It's just an interesting fact... but company took it, changed Turtles into heroes and kid's show.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users