Horror movies discussion - Guts And Gory: rejected Hellrasier theme song (Coil) - Horror movies discussion - Guts And Gory

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

rejected Hellrasier theme song (Coil)

#1 User is offline   Jack Frost 

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Veteran
  • LocationPirate Land

Posted 19 March 2012 - 01:18 PM

This was the original Hellraiser theme song, but Barker rejected it and went for Christopher Young's orchestral score.

dunno, sounds cool, but Barker made good decision if you ask me.

ps. I am gonna use this for my custom Deader DVD menu. Official DVD I got has none, just starts playing movie. Menu file is damaged I guess, so player just skips right the movie.
You know you are a true horror fan when someone sees your DVD collection and accuse you of being a Satanist. :wub:

#2 User is offline   Atrium Pool 

• Cenobite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:13 PM

GOD did Deader fucking SUCK or what?

As for this theme, I like it a lot. A LOT! It should get its' own movie. Perhaps... one called Coil?

#3 User is offline   Jack Frost 

• Banned
  • View blog
  • LocationPirate Land

Posted 25 March 2012 - 06:27 PM

Deader did suck... but not more then Hellworld. :lol2: (Which I didn't even know it was a Hellraiser movie until Pinhead pop up somewhere)

I bought Inferno, Hellseeker and Deader for ... 2.5 euro I think. Didn't hurt much, and since I have first four already on DVD, I thought why not. However, I am not sure if I should pick Hellworld. Maybe if I find it cheap. :liar:

ps. I also love this theme.... I think it wasn't Barker's decision to replace it (from what I understand, he loved it), but studio\producers. They wanted orchestral and more "serious" music. :rambo:
You know you are a true horror fan when someone sees your DVD collection and accuse you of being a Satanist. :wub:

#4 User is offline   Atrium Pool 

• Cenobite
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 March 2012 - 12:56 AM

View PostJack Frost, on 25 March 2012 - 06:27 PM, said:

Deader did suck... but not more then Hellworld. :lol2: (Which I didn't even know it was a Hellraiser movie until Pinhead pop up somewhere)

I thoroughly disagree. Hellworld was bad but not painfully bad. I didn't want to HURT the people who made the film. The exact opposite was true with Deader. Hellworld was silly and trashy. Deader was pretentious and full of shit. I'll take the former over the latter ANYDAY. And... Pinhead? He's the #1 thing that's wrong with Inferno, Hellseeker, Deader, and Hellworld.

I watched all the sequels except Hell on Earth (which I already own on DVD and in widescreen) on Netflix: Watch Instant, in widescreen & HD. Among them, I hated Bloodline the least.

#5 User is offline   Jack Frost 

• Banned
  • View blog
  • LocationPirate Land

Posted 31 March 2012 - 02:01 PM

hmm... I didn't like any of the sequels to Hellraiser to be honest. Sure, I like some more then others, but not any of them was a movie that I would watch several times.

Hellbound was ok tho, but even that was something that I would not watch often.

Oh, and I hated Hellraiser 3. It's "Pinhead goes to Hollywood" kinda of a movie. You know, Good VS Evil, while in first two, Cenobites were not classic evil. Sure, they were demons (so to say) but they needed to be summoned (much like most of Barker's "evil" characters) ... If you remember Hellbound, Pinhead doesn't attack the girl who solves the puzzle and goes for doctor, because "it's not hands that summons US". While in Hell on Earth, he is classic example of "evil monster" that just wants to do kill. (I swear, I thought he would say the line "After I conquer the world... ")

#6 User is offline   Atrium Pool 

• Cenobite
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:35 PM

Well, let's be even more honest: the original movie was good. Not a masterpiece.

I hate Hellbound. Flat out. So, it's interesting to me that most people who like the movie cite Pinhead as the reason why it works. Isn't it supposed to be about Kirsty and Julia?

So, I didn't approach Hell on Earth giving a fuck about Pinhead or continuity. Fuck all that noise, I want the characters to have their entire separate thing from the rest of the movies. So, Pinhead can have an entirely different role in my book since HoE is about Joey and Terri. I don't want the sequels to be slaves to one movie's storyline. The one movie came and went. It's over. Hellbound proved that when they fucked Kirsty up beyond recognition.

#7 User is offline   Jack Frost 

• Banned
  • View blog
  • LocationPirate Land

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:37 PM

View PostAtrium Pool, on 31 March 2012 - 07:35 PM, said:

Well, let's be even more honest: the original movie was good. Not a masterpiece.

Agree there. I never thought of Hellraiser as masterpiece either. It's a great flick, but nothing beyond that. Even tech stuff are not very good. FX are descent (for it's budget), but direction is pretty basic (but I thought Barker did ok job, considering that he was not schooled director, and it was his first time behind the camera). Some visuals and camera shots look pretty, but majority of the movie is "text-book" direction... and sorry, but I judge movie not only by story, but also as the whole product (meaning, all tech staff like direction, score, photography... you get my point). Score was also good.

hmm... Dunno, but Hellbound never felt like a real sequel. When you think about it, it could easily work as stand alone movie. I mean, you don't really have to watch Hellraiser 1 to understand what's going on in Hellbound. but I guess they were really shocking when they came out. I don't remember skinless characters were in movies before Hellraiser?

HoE... I don't think you understood me. I don't mind that HoE has storyline on it's own. That's not the problem, and in fact, I think that's better then having the whole Kristy-Frank-Pinhead story again.... but what bothers me is how Pinhead was presented. You know, he was just "evil monster" in HoE. Real villains are Frank (HR) and Dr. Channard\Julie. (HB)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users