Horror movies discussion - Guts And Gory: HalloweeN 3D Postponed - Horror movies discussion - Guts And Gory

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

HalloweeN 3D Postponed Officially Bumped from 2012

#61 User is offline   Craig 

• Alba Gu BrĂ th
  • View blog
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:58 PM

View Postdpcraig, on 21 March 2012 - 05:25 PM, said:

In the remakes, Rob relied on everyone already knowing that Lauri was Michael's sister...but the biggest contradiction is that there's no way Michael would know who she was, where she was, what her new last name was, what she'd look like, nothing at all.

Exactly, I have been saying this since day one. People will argue that Michael didn't know any of this in the original, but he still found her. However, they seem to forget that Laurie was never intended to be Michael's sister in the original... she was just a babysitter, nothing else.
You Can't Kill The Boogeyman

#62 User is offline   dpcraig 

• Cenobite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:17 PM

I have to disagree that F13 remake made any sense why he killed everyone. Hear me out:

1. At the very first it was already crazy because Jason killed the kids for being in an area of his stomping grounds where someone obviously was growing pot big time. Why is this a problem? Well, it means someone(s) been there to grow all that pot or put the seeds there...and...they lived to tell about it, which is why the one dude knew to bring them out there. The quick question becomes, why did Jason let the people who grew the weed in the first place live? This becomes an issue since...

2. Jason kills everyone in his area - that's the fact that the film makers want us to accept, especially when it's evidenced in how he just kills anyone that goes there. But, they don't bother explaining why everyone living in the immediate area right next to the lake have been just fine and are alive the whole time (it's no problem that rich kid's dad built a luxury house there and never once had Jason troubles). How does that make any kind of sense whatsoever? Dude had his own damned boat that obviously goes out in that lake time and time again...and there were never Jason occurrences!? Are you kidding me!?

I dare you to watch that film and not come to the conclusion that Jason was pushed over the edge because kids found his weed...and that he decided to kill all witnesses or friends who he thought might share that knowledge. It is honestly the ONLY logical conclusion to the plot of the film.

#63 User is offline   Jack Frost 

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Veteran
  • LocationPirate Land

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:49 PM

Yep, you're right... I completely forgot about the weed. :rofl: Jason probably like the idea of punks stealing his weed. :pimp:

and about 2... hmm, there could be a "Jason trouble" earlier in the timeline before the film. If you can remember, the old crazy lady seems to know that Jason lives in woods and what happens. I can't remember the whole scene by dialogue, but she tells something like "He doesn't want you there. People go, never come back". Now, this might be just a tribute to Crazy Ralph from original, or writers just wanted to show us that people living near the lake are aware of Jason's existence.

or... they made a deal: "Don't steal me weed, me make no trouble" :axe:
You know you are a true horror fan when someone sees your DVD collection and accuse you of being a Satanist. :wub:

#64 User is offline   dpcraig 

• Cenobite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:48 PM

Yeah...haha...It was a conspiracy. The only way those people lived that long was because they were paying Jason for protection over their weed fields.

#65 User is offline   Admiral Ackbar 

• Leviathan
  • View blog
  • LocationThe centre of the universe

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:14 PM

Sorry to nitpick, but RZH2 is a sequel to the remake. That aside. As far as the F13 reboot goes, the best things about it were making Michael scary again and Trent screaming like a girl. Other then that, it sucks.
It's a trap!

#66 User is offline   Jack Frost 

• Banned
  • View blog
  • Group: Veteran
  • LocationPirate Land

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:42 PM

:lol2: might be true. I remember when this first came out and I asked my friend if it was any good and he told me: "Dunno. They change it a bit from rest of the sequels. Jason grows weed and he gets pissed when guy starts pissing on his weed." :rofl:
You know you are a true horror fan when someone sees your DVD collection and accuse you of being a Satanist. :wub:

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users