Horror movies discussion - Guts And Gory: HalloweeN 3D Postponed - Horror movies discussion - Guts And Gory

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

HalloweeN 3D Postponed Officially Bumped from 2012

#41 User is offline   Jack Frost 

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Veteran
  • LocationPirate Land

Posted 17 March 2012 - 12:13 AM

Yep, agree on both parts. Didn't include Resurrection since that opening scene wasn't main part of the storyline in H:R. It's ironic because that's the only good thing about that crap movie and it was so out of place.

and yep, I know H20 pretends H4-6 never happen, but it's still about Michael killing his family. Original, part 2 and H20 are connected, and H4-6 fallow Thorn. Now, I can't tell how perfectly H4-6 connect to first two movies since I haven't seen 4-6 in ages, but I remember them in general (who Jamie is, whole Thorn myth and rest).

but H:R is out of place, it doesn't fit in any storyline, whatever if you want to consider H1,H2 and H20 one storyline and H4-H6 other storyline. You know, it's like Jason Goes to Hell of Halloween series.
You know you are a true horror fan when someone sees your DVD collection and accuse you of being a Satanist. :wub:

#42 User is offline   Admiral Ackbar 

• Leviathan
  • View blog
  • Group: Members
  • LocationThe centre of the universe

Posted 17 March 2012 - 12:29 AM

The first 15 minutes suck as well. Jamie Lee got paid $3 million for that too, not a bad haul for a glorified cameo.

I am tired of the family chasing at this point, but they can't seem to get random characters right either.
It's a trap!

#43 User is offline   Craig 

• Alba Gu Bràth
  • View blog
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 17 March 2012 - 12:39 AM

What else can you do storyline wise? the series is all over the place.
You Can't Kill The Boogeyman

#44 User is offline   Jack Frost 

• Banned
  • View blog
  • LocationPirate Land

Posted 17 March 2012 - 02:51 AM

:leather:

View PostAdmiral Ackbar, on 17 March 2012 - 12:29 AM, said:

The first 15 minutes suck as well. Jamie Lee got paid $3 million for that too, not a bad haul for a glorified cameo.

O>O ... OK, I want to be cameo actor. Now. :badgrin: I would get paid in like... 30 years for that kind of a money. :rambo:

View PostAdmiral Ackbar, on 17 March 2012 - 12:29 AM, said:

I am tired of the family chasing at this point, but they can't seem to get random characters right either.

I rarely ever like characters in slasher. Teens are always stereotype and in worst possible way... but there are some movies (or just characters) that I like anyway even if they are st.

Clown Midnight for example had funny gay character. ST kids in Hell High were great.
You know you are a true horror fan when someone sees your DVD collection and accuse you of being a Satanist. :wub:

#45 User is offline   bozzer 

• The Beer Master

Posted 18 March 2012 - 02:02 PM

well if they are doing a sequel and not a reboot and they are going off of rob zombie h2 then they need to get tyler main back as myers because with tyler being 6 foot 8 they cant go back to a myers at 5 foot 10

thoughts on myers for the sequel, what do you think they should do

also with loomis being killed that leaves it open with what they will do, maybe they coould hsave one of the other doctors where loomis worked who followed the myers files and he goes to haddonfield to try and stop myers new mayhem or just have sheriff brackett go on a revenge to try and stop myers after finding annie dead

#46 User is offline   Jack Frost 

• Banned
  • View blog
  • LocationPirate Land

Posted 18 March 2012 - 05:40 PM

View Postbozzer, on 18 March 2012 - 02:02 PM, said:

also with loomis being killed that leaves it open with what they will do, maybe they coould hsave one of the other doctors where loomis worked who followed the myers files and he goes to haddonfield to try and stop myers new mayhem or just have sheriff brackett go on a revenge to try and stop myers after finding annie dead

sounds like plot for bad soap opera. :lol2:

#47 User is offline   bozzer 

• The Beer Master

Posted 18 March 2012 - 08:13 PM

very true jack lol lol :lol2:

who knows what they will do lol

#48 User is offline   Craig 

• Alba Gu Bràth
  • View blog

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:00 PM

It's gonna be hard to come up with a good storyline to follow RZ's H2. There's certain things about H3 that need to be taken into consideration.

1) How violent should it be
2) How many kills should there be
3) How dark should it be
4) What should be the tone / setting / pace of the movie be
5) Does Laruie survive and come back for H3
6) What is the time line / when is the move set

#49 User is offline   Jack Frost 

• Banned
  • View blog
  • LocationPirate Land

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:18 PM

I doubt H3 will ever happen, much like F13pt2 and Elm Street 2.

#50 User is offline   Steven 

• Long live the Pit
  • PipPipPipPip
  • LocationLangley, BC CANADA

Posted 19 March 2012 - 03:46 AM

I hope they do a Part 2 to F13th and NOES.... specially F13th! I really enjoyed the remake/redo

As far H3D... Im really lookin forward to it... I loved RZ's versions of Part 1 and 2... I know Ill get flamed! :P

I thought I had heard there was a script for F13 Part 2 done... and it was a found footage thing??? Like Paranormal Activity??? If they did do something like that I dunno how fond Id be to see it then! :P

#51 User is offline   Jack Frost 

• Banned
  • View blog
  • LocationPirate Land

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:49 AM

:blink: Found footage? I am not sure how the heck that could happen, since non of the teens in first one had camera? I mean, who the heck recorded that "found footage"? Casper the Friendly Camera Man? :chucky:

Friday the 13th wasn't bad, it's lot better then most of the late F13th sequels. :lol2: Only my biggest problem with it was pace and stupid characters. Movie tend to drag at some points and I really don't give a damn about any of the characters except Jason.

and Elm Street. They ruined it. It had a potential to be a really good horror flick, but somehow they destroyed everything that was great about original and did wrong in remake. My biggest complain about this one is that every kill is the same. Kid falls asleep, environment changes into "dark version of it", kid wonders around asking questions, Freddy shows up, claws him. Done. Next teen. Same thing all over again.
In original series, kills were the only good thing in sequels, and they were highly imaginative. In remake, which had shitload of money, they could do very impressive kills (not to mention that CGI works for ELm Street movies better then any other horror movie) but they made them all look the same... and I didn't like use of "bus scenes" every single time character walks for cheap jump\scare scenes. I mean, c'mon no one is scared of loud noises anymore, they are just annoying.

#52 User is offline   Craig 

• Alba Gu Bràth
  • View blog

Posted 19 March 2012 - 01:37 PM

I don't think F13 Part 2 or Elm Street will ever happen. As for H3, maybe they should set it 10 years after the events of H2.

#53 User is offline   Jack Frost 

• Banned
  • View blog
  • LocationPirate Land

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:15 PM

oh... those two were made only as excuse to make another DVD release of original series. :rolleyes:

#54 User is offline   bozzer 

• The Beer Master

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:39 PM

i also wouldnt mind seeing director dwight little directing the next halloween and get writer alam mcelroy, loved what they did with halloween 4, have a list of directors that i wouldnt mind seeing direct it and dwight is one of them

#55 User is offline   bozzer 

• The Beer Master

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:46 PM

with ther idea of them doing a sequel and they want to do something new and fresh i hasve heard some other people say it and i brought it up once to but they casn go back to the classic trade mark mask of myers but one halloween fan told me since this is a sequel its dumb to give him a new myers mask and how does her keep getting the same mask over and over so how about giving myers a new look for a mask.

john carpenter gave myers a clown mask for the kid myers but almost went with the clown mask for the adult myers but didnt, if they gave myers in the sequel a new look would any one want to see him get a clown mask or a new creepy looking mask.

a buddy of mine cant beleave they are maken a sequel he like fuck lol lol do something new already or if your going to do another halloween change it the fuck up. so i told my buddy how about a different kind of mask then and he goes FUCK ANYTHING YEAH GIVE THE GUY A NEW MASK , SOMETHING lol lol lol. everytime i tell my buddy there a new halloween on the way he just shakes his head and looks at me and goes FUCK WHATEVER lol lol lol same ol shit lol

anyway would you guys give him the same mask or change it up abit and give him a new myers thats not the myers mask. go back to the basics but change the mask or no.

#56 User is offline   Craig 

• Alba Gu Bràth
  • View blog

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:03 PM

Boz, for H3, what storyline would you like to see?

#57 User is offline   bozzer 

• The Beer Master

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:46 PM

ummmmm not really sure dude, i guess whatever storyline that gives the fans give it the ol thumbs up lol lol but really i would love it to have the feel of 1981 h2 my fav or halloween 4, something in that vibe

what about for a storyline, what do you think if they gave michael a new different mask

#58 User is offline   Craig 

• Alba Gu Bràth
  • View blog

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:23 PM

I've honestly got no idea what they can do for a storyline, I think it's gonna be very hard to come up with something good.

#59 User is offline   dpcraig 

• Cenobite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 March 2012 - 05:25 PM

See, that's exactly why I wanted to revise a reboot and really put emphasis on "why" Myers does his thing. I don't mean that I want to explain him thoroughly and give him a lot of back story...screw that...I just want to make it clear he kills for reason of psychotic aversion to his bloodline...that he thinks his bloodline is evil and must eradicate it. Otherwise, there's no plausible method to his madness, and the contradictions just pile up.

With F13 films (except for the remake), it is simple that Jason Voorhees is a ghost that haunts that specific area. That's why Hatchet works, too. Then there's Freddy Kruger who preys on children and their fears to give him strength, so that is clear and makes sense, too. Chromeskull is just a nutjob, but at least they made it clear he has no other motives that bind him to a specific mindset like killing his sister.

The problem with the Halloween films is that beginning in the second film, they created Michael's only drive to kill was to destroy his sister - the likely only good emotion he felt in his being, when pure evil was struggling to completely engulf him. They screwed up. They painted themselves into a corner that when "family" was gone, so too should have been his killing desire. But, they kept making him stalk in stealth and fixate on all these other new characters for whatever reason. In the remakes, Rob relied on everyone already knowing that Lauri was Michael's sister...but the biggest contradiction is that there's no way Michael would know who she was, where she was, what her new last name was, what she'd look like, nothing at all. It was the biggest bunch of bullshit and one of the biggest plot holes I've ever seen...and yet it still made millions. Go figure.

#60 User is offline   Jack Frost 

• Banned
  • View blog
  • LocationPirate Land

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:11 PM

hmm.. yep, but even in remake of F13 Jason made sense. He saw his mother get killed in front of him and he wants revenge... and if I remember correctly, this was the case in Friday the 13th 2,3 and 4. He wasn't "supernatural" like he was in later sequels, he was just hard to kill... but again, that is questionable since Jason clearly has supernatural moments in first one, possessing his mother (or so to say)... and yet again, we can tell that it was all in his mother's head. :rolleyes:

ps. Lot of things in Rob Zombie's movie didn't make much sense. If you don't believe me how much fans hate this movie(s), here's a little story.

On most of private torrent trackers, you have ratio that you need to keep in balance. You can download, but you must upload as well. Now, this one tracker has only horror and sf movies for download, and they keep weekly "free movie of the week" which means, members post their offers, rip them and upload them on tracker. The winning movie is awarded as "free" which means, you don't get your ratio cut by downloading it.

Now, last week, Rob Zombie's HALLOWEEN won, and only three guys decided to download it. Only 3 guys out of nearly 10.000 members. So, yeah, go figure how bad this movie was when people refuse to download it for free... and those 3 guys download it only because uploader included extra features (behind the scene, Rob's audio comments, trailers, deleted scenes...) in download pack.

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users