Horror movies discussion - Guts And Gory: HalloweeN 3D Postponed - Horror movies discussion - Guts And Gory

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

HalloweeN 3D Postponed Officially Bumped from 2012

#21 User is offline   Crafter 

• Pit Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Veteran

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:03 PM

Just cut out the 3D. I doubt anyone would be able to contain their meals if they're going to be watching a 3D movie where the camera is shaking as the cameraman is running.

#22 User is offline   Jack Frost 

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • LocationPirate Land

Posted 15 March 2012 - 12:52 AM

:rofl: true, true... :clap:
You know you are a true horror fan when someone sees your DVD collection and accuse you of being a Satanist. :wub:

#23 User is offline   Admiral Ackbar 

• Leviathan
  • View blog
  • Group: Members
  • LocationThe centre of the universe

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:11 AM

View PostJack Frost, on 14 March 2012 - 12:26 PM, said:

Yes, but Dante is still in indi production, and Hollywood producers want big names.

I just hope future director would not be Alexa Aje, guy who never made original flick. :lol2:

If Dante ever got the job, he would lose any sense of power during production, with Bob and Harvey meddling and making him change everything. They did that to Zombie during the making of RZH2 and he is a much bigger name.
It's a trap!

#24 User is offline   Jack Frost 

• Banned
  • View blog
  • LocationPirate Land

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:30 AM

When you add white horse and your wife in the same movie, no wonders that people in charge want to change it here and there. :badgrin:
You know you are a true horror fan when someone sees your DVD collection and accuse you of being a Satanist. :wub:

#25 User is offline   Craig 

• Alba Gu Bràth
  • View blog
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:38 AM

View PostJack Frost, on 15 March 2012 - 01:30 AM, said:

When you add white horse and your wife in the same movie, no wonders that people in charge want to change it here and there. :badgrin:

And let's not forget a 6ft10 Michael Myers :badgrin:
You Can't Kill The Boogeyman

#26 User is offline   Jack Frost 

• Banned
  • View blog
  • LocationPirate Land

Posted 15 March 2012 - 11:31 AM

Big Myers isn't a problem... but adding his ghost mother in a movie really sucks. Her character is makes no sense. She's there just because she's Rob Zombie's wife... but dunno, I kinda like her as actress, she was ok. Not great, but she did fine job in first Halloween. It's just that her character didn't make much sense in H2... and when you add horse to all that mess...

then... Michael The Homeless guy. WTF? This is freakin' Halloween movie! Not "Homeless Hippy on Rampage". Why the heck you have Michael Myers when he isn't wearing his mask for 70% of the movie? And he TALKS? He gets beat up by random punks? The fuck?

and script sucks. How many times did guy in car crash said "Fuck?" That scene goes for like 5 minutes and the only dialogue is word "fuck" repeating over and over.

#27 User is offline   bozzer 

• The Beer Master

Posted 15 March 2012 - 11:41 AM

jack lol lol myers homeless hippie on a rampage lol lol

hope they just go back to the basics in the next halloween and for one its time to get back to the original looking mask that we seen in 1978 halloween

#28 User is offline   Jack Frost 

• Banned
  • View blog
  • LocationPirate Land

Posted 15 March 2012 - 03:29 PM

Agree there, I didn't like that "rotten" Myers mask. It looked ok on it's own, but didn't fit the movie. It would be lot better if it was used in some other slasher movie. One thing that always creep me out about Michael is that his mask is simple, white with no emotions... and this "rotten" mask well, makes Michael looks like ... well psychopath.

#29 User is offline   Craig 

• Alba Gu Bràth
  • View blog

Posted 15 March 2012 - 03:53 PM

I agree with going back to having the same feeling and look as the original movie, but the only problem is how to go about doing that if they don't reboot it. I mean RZ's version where so dark, violent and gritty. To then suddenly change it means it wouldn't fit well with his versions, if they wish to continue on in that direction.

#30 User is offline   dpcraig 

• Cenobite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:50 PM

Any of you guys want to read my treatment for rebooting it. I sent it through proper channels to "them" but it didn't go too far past the initial read because it is a "reboot." They absolutely want a sequel, is the problem. Just email me, if you want it. Because they passed, and it's now been a year since that NDA, I can show whoever I want.

#31 User is offline   Craig 

• Alba Gu Bràth
  • View blog

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:56 PM

Duane, can you email it to me please? tooshie73@hotmail.co.uk

#32 User is offline   dpcraig 

• Cenobite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 15 March 2012 - 08:49 PM

You've got mail!

#33 User is offline   Craig 

• Alba Gu Bràth
  • View blog

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:18 PM

Cheers mate, I'll have a read at it later on and get back to you.

#34 User is offline   Jack Frost 

• Banned
  • View blog
  • LocationPirate Land

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:47 PM

I'll send you my email on PM :ph34r:

#35 User is offline   Admiral Ackbar 

• Leviathan
  • View blog

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:03 AM

Doing a sequel will be tricky. One factor to take into account is that more people saw the director's cut than the theatrical cut. In that version, everyone is dead, D-E-A-D...dead. Usually, what you see in the theater is official, but not as many people saw that version based on the low box office. It would be much easier to follow up that version, with a few retcons of course.
It's a trap!

#36 User is offline   Damien 

• Pit Master
  • PipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:39 AM

Hey Duane, i've messaged you with my e-mail.
Cheers.

#37 User is offline   Craig 

• Alba Gu Bràth
  • View blog

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:40 AM

OK, since they want a sequel... what storyline would you like to see for the next Halloween movie?

#38 User is offline   Jack Frost 

• Banned
  • View blog
  • LocationPirate Land

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:34 AM

@Admiral Ackbar : well, being dead didn't stop Michel Myers to get eight movies in original series and be brought back to life every time. As for the rest of the characters, they can make new ones, but then it will probably become just another slasher with random characters in each movie. At least in original series, there was some "main storyline" (at least until Ressurection) that connected all of those random killings in each sequel.

@ Craig: No sequel. No reboot. Just Michael laid to rest. :badgrin:

#39 User is offline   dpcraig 

• Cenobite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 16 March 2012 - 02:08 PM

You other guys - just sent emails to you, too.

With it having to be a sequel, personally, I would only accept that Michael Myers feels somehow that his lineage is evil (I mean, in his own warped, psychotic mind), so if Lauri had a family (husband and toddler) then Myers would likely be enraged enough to take them out. I'd use it as an excuse to kill off Lauri - any/all next sequels would follow like with little Jamie being the target of Myers.

#40 User is offline   Admiral Ackbar 

• Leviathan
  • View blog

Posted 16 March 2012 - 05:18 PM

View PostJack Frost, on 16 March 2012 - 01:34 AM, said:

@Admiral Ackbar : well, being dead didn't stop Michel Myers to get eight movies in original series and be brought back to life every time. As for the rest of the characters, they can make new ones, but then it will probably become just another slasher with random characters in each movie. At least in original series, there was some "main storyline" (at least until Ressurection) that connected all of those random killings in each sequel.

For the most part, Resurrection was about Michael chasing random characters. The only family connection is the first 15 minutes. However, they were faceless and annoying.

Regarding the bold text, you know that 4-6 don't exist in the H2O timeline, right?
It's a trap!

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users