Horror movies discussion - Guts And Gory: We Need To Talk About Kevin - Horror movies discussion - Guts And Gory

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

We Need To Talk About Kevin

#1 User is offline   speedy 

• Skav
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Veteran

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:04 PM

Has anyone seen this movie? It's not a fantasy horror film of any kind. It's a realistic (or as it tries to be) portrayal of a mother whose son has committed an atrocious spree killing in his school. The movie is provocative as it lets the audience make up their own minds about whether it was the mother's fault because of her parenting skills (or possibly lack thereof) or whether her son was born evil!

The film has a realistic tone to it which can make it disturbing in several places. Check it out.

#2 User is offline   Jack Frost 

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • LocationPirate Land

Posted 07 March 2012 - 12:52 AM

interesting. I might check it out if I get the chance.

btw, anyone knows what is the title of a movie that was based on Stephen King's RAGE? I know it was based on that book, but King didn't get any credit for it (or he didn't want it) because book was banned and King himself wanted it out of print, because there were cases of real-life incidents of students replicating events (aka goddamn massacre) from book?

btw, I think never published that book under SK name, but his pseudonymous.
You know you are a true horror fan when someone sees your DVD collection and accuse you of being a Satanist. :wub:

#3 User is offline   Damien 

• Pit Master
  • PipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Members
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:45 AM

I'm pretty sure RAGE was part of a novella, which one i'm not too sure....i think. I know i've read it.

#4 User is offline   Jack Frost 

• Banned
  • View blog
  • LocationPirate Land

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:33 AM

I think it was printed as "Rage" not part of other book. It's out of print for a long time, since King wanted it out of print after few massacre events that happen. He felt responsible, so he doesn't want it in print anymore. Heard he even hates talking about it and even goes so far as denying he wrote it.

it's like Alien 3 of David Fincher's career. :badgrin:
You know you are a true horror fan when someone sees your DVD collection and accuse you of being a Satanist. :wub:

#5 User is offline   speedy 

• Skav
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 March 2012 - 02:42 PM

It is adapted from a novel but I don't know what it is called.

#6 User is offline   Jack Frost 

• Banned
  • View blog
  • LocationPirate Land

Posted 12 March 2012 - 10:39 AM

I think the novel has the same title.

#7 User is offline   Beantown Bitch 

• Jason Fodder
  • PipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Members
  • LocationBeantown > Now residing in Sunny NH

Posted 17 March 2012 - 03:51 AM

I kinda hate when people blame parents when their kids go bad. My oldest has been in a bad way lately and i raised him great. I don't believe that crap. Parents are not responsible and they get a bad rap.

#8 User is offline   Jack Frost 

• Banned
  • View blog
  • LocationPirate Land

Posted 17 March 2012 - 02:46 PM

I think that lot of factors in life form a person, no matter how parents raise them. Of course, they are big influence in your life and how you form, but it's not what makes you.

Life, society, experiences, people around you... they all make mark on your personality. Plus, not to mention that some people are just born with this or that personality traits.

I know this from my own life, I picked up some personality traits that none of my parents have, nor they ever thought me those.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users