Horror movies discussion - Guts And Gory: Helldriver - Horror movies discussion - Guts And Gory

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Helldriver

#1 User is offline   Jack Frost 

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Veteran
  • LocationPirate Land

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:43 PM

This looks terrific. I can't wait for it to get in my mail.

It's Asian blood-splatter, and judging by other directors movies, this is gonna be huge gore splatter filled with katanas and action. Also, my fav asian actress Eihi Shiina is the lead (and she has done lot of horrors. You can see her in Tokyo Gore Police, Machine Girl, AUDITION and Vampire Girl vs. Frankenstein Girl, just to name a few) so it must work. :) I don't think it's gonna be masterpiece at all, but at least it will be fun gore flick like rest of the above mentioned.

Poster and stills also look terrific.

Posted Image

Posted Image
You know you are a true horror fan when someone sees your DVD collection and accuse you of being a Satanist. :wub:

#2 User is offline   Craig 

• Alba Gu Bràth
  • View blog
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:50 PM

Haven't heard about this one, thanks for the heads up.
You Can't Kill The Boogeyman

#3 User is offline   Jack Frost 

• Banned
  • View blog
  • LocationPirate Land

Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:06 PM

You could look it up, it's released in Europe (where I order it) and I think it was also released in USA on both DVD and BlueRay, only several months after.

type it in google to see the screenshots (from various review sites) and they all look nuts. Either some weird make up (that only comes from Japan), lot of blood or lot of gore... but my guess it will be lot of blood splatters with less gore (Japanese usually don't involve lot of gore, but they prefer bloody or violent scenes)
You know you are a true horror fan when someone sees your DVD collection and accuse you of being a Satanist. :wub:

#4 User is offline   Jack Frost 

• Banned
  • View blog
  • LocationPirate Land

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:44 PM

Finally got to see this one... OMG, this is one of the most bizarre and hilarious flicks I've seen this year. Everything about this flick is WAY TO OVER THE TOP! It's JAPANESE GRINDHOUSE movie, and in terms of logic, this movie has none, but it was damn entertaining.

Blood and Gore are over the top (even outmatch Braindead), flying body parts, really weird and damn hilarious scenes (like zombie car made out of body parts). Title logo at nearly half of the movie and this is when the movie really begins, which pretty much consist only of action scenes, zombies and blood and gore.

If you want to see this flick, turn off logic and just enjoy the mayhem that happens on screen, and you are sure to have pretty good time. It's one of those movies that were made to be BAD, and director pretty much nails this one. It's hilarious because it's so insanely gory and you just keep wondering how the heck they are gonna top the last scene. It also has nice amount of political and social satire in first act of the movie (that is just damn hilarious)

Oh and MakeUp and creature effects in this one are really original and well made. I guess half of the budget was spend on makeup and fake blood (there's TOOOOOOOOOOONS of it)

#5 User is offline   mechabobzilla 

• The Zilla
  • Pip

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:50 PM

Saw this at FRightmare Weekend last year and it was crazy bloody. Was alot of fun to watch but had some of that Asian humor that I just don't get.

#6 User is offline   Craig 

• Alba Gu Bràth
  • View blog
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:44 PM

I'll check this out later on.
You Can't Kill The Boogeyman

#7 User is offline   Jack Frost 

• Banned
  • View blog
  • LocationPirate Land

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:59 AM

View Postmechabobzilla, on 17 April 2012 - 12:50 PM, said:

Was alot of fun to watch but had some of that Asian humor that I just don't get.

That didn't bother me much, since I've seen loads of Asian flicks (even comedies) so I am kinda use to it... but I still have problem understanding British (local) humor (Monty Python for example has local humor, not "universal" like Only Fools and Horses)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users