Horror movies discussion - Guts And Gory: A Serbian Film (Uncut) - Horror movies discussion - Guts And Gory

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

A Serbian Film (Uncut)

#1 User is offline   Crafter 

• Pit Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Veteran

Posted 18 February 2012 - 12:15 AM

Sorry for posting this here, don't know anywhere else to post. I'm searching for the unrated copy of A Serbian Film. I was told it was banned in the States. I don't mind extreme horror, but with all the controversy surrounding this movie, I have to see this.

#2 User is offline   Damien 

• Pit Master
  • PipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Members
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 18 February 2012 - 01:06 AM

Hey Crafter, not sure where you can purchase the uncut copy, but you can download it. Thats the the way i got it, through bit torrent. Hope this helps.

#3 User is offline   Crafter 

• Pit Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 February 2012 - 03:12 AM

Thanks. My computer is a little bit different than the PC. I have a Mac.

#4 User is offline   s0me-kind-0f-m0nster 

• Monsterman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 February 2012 - 09:26 AM

Hi! I'm a Mac....And I'm a PC
People spend one day a year pretending to be monsters...
Me?
I've spent my entire life pretending I'm not one....

#5 User is offline   Jack Frost 

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • LocationPirate Land

Posted 18 February 2012 - 11:32 AM

My personal opinion: you can do without it. I saw the premiere in Belgrade, and I nearly fall asleep (something that happens very rare) ... The whole movie felt like random scene of sex and violence.

if you want some quality horrors from Serbia, you should check out Sveto Mesto (eng. A Holy Place) which was based on Nikolai Gogol's short horror story. That one scared the shit out of me when I was a kid. I swear, I will NEVER forgive my granpa for letting me watch that. :rofl: :lol2: Sveto Mesto can be found on torrents, I even made one personal release, since studio that owned it gave us green light to do it (don't ask)

Others you might check are Variola Vera (only good luck finding it, maybe on the net?) it was based on real events, about infamous Variola epidemic (which was similar to Black Plague) that hit Yugoslavia in '70.

oh and if you want some Argento-like splatters, get TT Syndrome. It was dull (interesting till the middle, later it becomes really dull), but it was nuts in gore department (especially for self produced movie. Actors who starred in a movie actually fund the movie. Again, don't ask). :rofl:

there are some other good horror movies, but they are all hard to find since most of them just got local release. Best way is internet, because funs release them (and in most cases they remastered it personally)
You know you are a true horror fan when someone sees your DVD collection and accuse you of being a Satanist. :wub:

#6 User is offline   Craig 

• Alba Gu Bràth
  • View blog
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 18 February 2012 - 05:36 PM

Never heard of this one.
You Can't Kill The Boogeyman

#7 User is offline   Crafter 

• Pit Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 February 2012 - 09:28 PM

I'm starting to learn to appreciate foreign horror films a little more than before. It's just difficult finding them. Most of the ones that have caught my eye are either out of print or banned from the US.

There have been some ones that are just flat out disturbing, you try to watch but you can't. It's just too much for the mind to handle. It affects them greatly and leaves a lasting impression.

#8 User is offline   Craig 

• Alba Gu Bràth
  • View blog
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 18 February 2012 - 11:31 PM

View PostCrafter, on 18 February 2012 - 09:28 PM, said:

I'm starting to learn to appreciate foreign horror films a little more than before. It's just difficult finding them. Most of the ones that have caught my eye are either out of print or banned from the US.

There have been some ones that are just flat out disturbing, you try to watch but you can't. It's just too much for the mind to handle. It affects them greatly and leaves a lasting impression.

Well said :clap:
You Can't Kill The Boogeyman

#9 User is offline   Jack Frost 

• Banned
  • View blog
  • LocationPirate Land

Posted 19 February 2012 - 12:46 AM

View PostCrafter, on 18 February 2012 - 09:28 PM, said:

German F. Munrau did back in '20 with Nosferatu, Faust and Metropolis (just to name those) ... or other great directors from Europe that are considered best of the best - Hitchock (Brit), Bergman (Swed), Bertollucci (Italian), Andrey Tarkovskiy (Russian), Akira Kurosawa (Japanese, ok, he's Asian, but still...) ... oh yeah, and Milosh Forman (Czech) ... I can name at least 50 more of those directors.

Yep, sorry, but Europe always did own America in art department :rofl: .

ps. as for availability problem... I do trading... and lot of them with lot of people from Europe. I ether trade them originals or we burn each other DVDs. There's just some right feeling when you get the package from a long awaited Swedish shipment. :rofl:

the only problem are Italians, they always keep sending me goddamn Italian dubbed movies! :chair: Yes, it's awkward when Freddy Kruager starts speaking Italian!
You know you are a true horror fan when someone sees your DVD collection and accuse you of being a Satanist. :wub:

#10 User is offline   Jack Frost 

• Banned
  • View blog
  • LocationPirate Land

Posted 02 March 2012 - 01:47 AM

I got uncut yesterday and seen it...

fuck, this one was sick. It was much longer version then one I saw at premiere (my guess is that they just HAVE to cut it short because it was screened at film festival) it was nearly 25 min longer.

Better title for the uncut version would be "Sex & Violence" and this one isn't very pretty in it's uncut form. It's not that gory, but it's rather raw and really violent. Makes Inside and Cannibal Holocaust look like Sunday kid cartoon...

anyway, director of this one has a next project, it's 26 chapter movie which he will write with few other people. Each chapter will be directed by different person (either director or actor\actress). I am not kidding. the title is "The ABCs of Death" and judging by people involved in this project, it's probably gonna be intense.

#11 User is offline   Damien 

• Pit Master
  • PipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:50 PM

Haha...no wonder you never thought too much of it, a heavily cut version would make it very boring (and non shocking). It was definately a sick film but i was never as shocked as what i though i would be; even the baby scene. Still a good film.

#12 User is offline   Jack Frost 

• Banned
  • View blog
  • LocationPirate Land

Posted 02 March 2012 - 03:12 PM

I am more shocked that this was made in Serbia, but not by the actual movie. You know, Serbia usually produces comedies or dramas (or mix of both) and those are the "mainstream" movies... but horror happens rarely (well, at least not since '90)... all of those movies that are horror (or violent, like Skinning) are always self-produced.

the most interesting fact is that this never got official DVD release in Serbia.

oh yeah, and Crafter, you could check out here, it seems that they sell uncut for $7

http://warriordvdsel...ts/show/2130691

no clue what site is tho, you should check out if it's safe. I would say it's USA web store. I know Sweden had uncut release (from where I got it) but I've heard they are not printing it anymore.

#13 User is offline   Damien 

• Pit Master
  • PipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 02 March 2012 - 04:10 PM

Hey Jack is it true that the main actor in Serbian Film is a comedian himself??

#14 User is offline   Jack Frost 

• Banned
  • View blog
  • LocationPirate Land

Posted 02 March 2012 - 11:49 PM

Yes, and he's very popular among Serbian people and other old Yugoslavian countries... and much like rest of the Serbian actors, he works a lot in live theaters. Saw him several times at different plays, he was terrific every single time.

btw, Serbian film isn't very popular among Serbians, both critics and audiences responses were negative, and most of them even hate the movie. Many asked Srdjan Todorovic (main actor) "Why did you do it (be part of that movie)?"

#15 User is offline   Damien 

• Pit Master
  • PipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 03 March 2012 - 07:58 AM

Haha...thats not surprising. Didn't exactly paint a rosey picture. However, could the women be any hotter!! Especialy the prostitute with the brother getting "friendly" while they were watching home movies. :eek:

#16 User is offline   Jack Frost 

• Banned
  • View blog
  • LocationPirate Land

Posted 03 March 2012 - 12:40 PM

hahha, yeah, but there some unwritten rule that all "home" movies turn out to be considered bad by "home audiences" but loved by other countries. I can name at least 50 cases of that. (Dead Snow, remember that one? It was box office failure in Norway, but it had huge success outside Norway)

View PostDamien, on 03 March 2012 - 07:58 AM, said:

However, could the women be any hotter!! Especialy the prostitute with the brother getting "friendly" while they were watching home movies. :eek:

gotta agree there with you. Most of them are very pretty (including actresses from all ex-Yu countries)...

I recently seen her in "Skinning" (flick about Neo-Nazis in Serbia, also Serbian movie) and she was smoking hot even when she played skinhead (or skinnette). She had a few nude\sex scenes and her body was just perfect. :)

Posted Image

you might remember her from Drag me to Hell (she played daughter of Mrs. Ganush, main villain), Edge of Darkness, Devil (movie where people are trapped in lift with Devil), Satisfaction (TV show) ...

#17 User is offline   Crafter 

• Pit Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 March 2012 - 05:17 AM

I tried looking everywhere for this film. I can't seem to find it. Is there anyone who wouldn't burning a copy of the unrated version? Thanks.

#18 User is offline   Jack Frost 

• Banned
  • View blog
  • LocationPirate Land

Posted 04 March 2012 - 07:40 PM

Crafter look in one of my preview post. I posted a link that sells uncut version of this. Only check out is that webstore legal, seems it's like smaller selling webstore. It cost $7.

I've also seen uncut version avi and dvd on the internet (torrents). I haven't try to download it tho, Serbia has harsh rules about downloading "home" stuff (if you get caught downloading of course). I got mine from Swedish friend, they seem to had uncut release in Sweden. (again, it's ironic, since NO OFFICIAL release exist in Serbia yet)

#19 User is offline   speedy 

• Skav
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 March 2012 - 02:45 PM

I saw the cut version last week and didn't think much of it. I'll try to locate the uncut version.

#20 User is offline   Damien 

• Pit Master
  • PipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 09 March 2012 - 04:41 PM

Yeah Skav the cut version leaves alot out, especialy the baby scene.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users