Horror movies discussion - Guts And Gory: UNREAL Film Festival - Horror movies discussion - Guts And Gory

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

UNREAL Film Festival

#1 User is offline   dpcraig 

• Cenobite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Members

Posted 06 February 2012 - 05:31 PM

My link

IT'S ON!!!

We're taking submissions of the first sci-fi/horror/fantasy/comics film fest for Memphis, TN. We've long had conventions here, and we've long had two separate, very serious film fests. What we haven't had is a great outlet for genre films. NOW, WE DO!!! Shorts and features are welcome!!!

Also, though, we have opened again the Cellardoor Cinema script contest. Like the film fest, we are taking shorts and features (scripts), the winner of which we'll film. I won the first one, therefore AS:VS was made. Last year, LETTERS TO CAMILLE, a drama short won and was filmed - it is ready for festival submissions, soon. So, for the script contest there is no genre limitations...just great storytelling (though, do keep to a reasonable expectation for low budget filming).

Now, for the obvious, most asked question - why are there submission fees? That's two-fold: The reason for the film fest submission fee is because we'll take funds and use them as reward for the film(s) we judge as best. The reason for the submission fee on scripts simply goes straight towards the budget for filming the winning script. There's seriously NO profit for us in taking submission fees. We all still give from our own pockets, as well. Withoutabox.com charges us $700.00 for marketing/promotion per competition-per year, too, so there's proof if you needed it that we are all quite serious.

All rules and guidelines are listed at the above link and/or at our withoutabox.com listing of the Unreal Film Festival.

#2 User is offline   Craig 

• Alba Gu BrĂ th
  • View blog
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 07 February 2012 - 01:00 AM

Umm, thinking about entering the comp myself.
You Can't Kill The Boogeyman

#3 User is offline   dpcraig 

• Cenobite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:07 PM

That's cool...just know that if I see a script or name I recognize, I'll forward it to one of the other judges (who will all do the same per any who they know too well). We all want to make sure the contest is unbiased. I will, however be brought in at the end of judging like everyone else, too, for judging what we all feel are our "best of the bunch" final pot of films/scripts we want to push for the tops. In that instance, if it's people we know, it doesn't matter, still, as we are to kick into full-on critical fashion anyway. The final round gets really meticulous, but that's how it should be.

#4 User is offline   dpcraig 

• Cenobite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:48 PM

I want to thank any and all who submitted. For a first time festival, we have some really, really cool films to show, and I'm happy to announce that they aren't all from the U.S. It's going to be awesome.

#5 User is offline   dpcraig 

• Cenobite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 18 October 2012 - 04:53 PM

My link

Click on the film lineup tab, and there's trailers/synopses for this year's selections. It's going to be a great first year.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users