Horror movies discussion - Guts And Gory: Need help? Sleep disorder... - Horror movies discussion - Guts And Gory

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Need help? Sleep disorder...

#1 User is offline   Jack Frost 

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Veteran
  • LocationPirate Land

Posted 31 January 2012 - 12:02 PM

Hi, anyone has any ideas how could I fix this? I got sleeping disorder for the last two months (around) ...

I switched day and night sleep cycle. I sleep during the day and I am awake during night hours. It's kinda annoying since I wake up at nighttime and fall asleep during nighttime. I know one of the things to do when it comes to this is to stay awake for 24h, but it seems I couldn't do it properly. I always have some things to do, which require me to be fresh, so I just have to sleep. :chair:

I am currently awake for nearly 25h.. It's only 1.00 PM over here and that means no sleep for another 6-7h if I am lucky.

Dunno, should I go to sleep now and make alarm clock to wake me up for let's say 3-4h so I could get some sleep, but still be tired, so I could go to bed earlier? or should I just make my wake up time lower each day until I get back to normal?

This happen to me few times before, but it was never this long in continuity. Last time this happen it was last year I think (also in January) but I fix it quickly after staying awake for 24h straight.
You know you are a true horror fan when someone sees your DVD collection and accuse you of being a Satanist. :wub:

#2 User is offline   s0me-kind-0f-m0nster 

• Monsterman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 February 2012 - 06:09 AM

you need to shock your system
you need to work your night shift, stay up all day and then work a second night shift.
then go to sleep when you get off work from the second shift after being awake for 1.5 days

worked for me when I did the reverse (went from night work to day work)
People spend one day a year pretending to be monsters...
Me?
I've spent my entire life pretending I'm not one....

#3 User is offline   Jack Frost 

• Banned
  • View blog
  • LocationPirate Land

Posted 01 February 2012 - 06:20 AM

You got the point there, and that worked for me last time also, but now it doesn't seem to work.

I went to sleep last night around 9 PM (I didn't even notice when I felt asleep) and wake up at 2AM... and it seems that it didn't matter that I haven't sleep for almost 30h before that.

I hate pills and all those things, I rare even take pills for headache (which do happen often, depending on a weather) and I won't to do it without chemistry. <_<

tnx btw.
You know you are a true horror fan when someone sees your DVD collection and accuse you of being a Satanist. :wub:

#4 User is offline   speedy 

• Skav
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:13 PM

Drink lots of coffee and red bull to get you through the day and sleep in the night. It might even take a few days to adjust but eventually it will. Drink your last caffeine drink no later than 5 pm. Those few days may be terrible but you'll feel relieved. You haven't got a disorder. Just that your circadian rhythm is out of whack.

#5 User is offline   Jack Frost 

• Banned
  • View blog
  • LocationPirate Land

Posted 02 February 2012 - 09:46 AM

I woke up today at 5am which is bit of an improvement (yesterday it was 2am). With some luck, I'll be back in normal in a day or two (7-8am was my usual wake up time anyway) ...

ps. Coffee doesn't have any effect on me, since I usually drink lot of coffee per day (2-4 cups of a black coffee, not that filter crap) so my body is use to it. I rarely ever drink energy drinks like Red Bull since they are bad news for the heart.

tnx btw Skav.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users