Horror movies discussion - Guts And Gory: The Worst Horror Remake - Horror movies discussion - Guts And Gory

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Worst Horror Remake What's Your Pick?

#21 User is offline   Atrium Pool 

• Cenobite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:36 PM

EDIT: Oh, yeah, there's a forum member named Tina- isn't there? Oh, well; I'm still leaving the picture up. Random Picture!:

Posted Image

#22 User is offline   tina chris-hewitt 

• Engineer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • LocationRuggsville county TX

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:58 PM

View Postrob, on 25 January 2012 - 09:24 PM, said:

Hahaha oh Tina...

Hehe
''Huntin' humans? They ain't nothin' but nothin'. They all run like scared little rubbits. Run rabbit run!''
- Otis B. Driftwood

#23 User is offline   Lee 

• zombiecoops
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • LocationBolton, Greater Manchester,

Posted 26 January 2012 - 04:30 PM

Dawn of the Dead remake was OK at best! I've typed that line a thousand times before, as i have typed this following line. It is nowhere near as good as, nor never will be anywhere near as good as the original, and anybody who thinks that the remake is better is just plain wrong!!

Day of the Dead remake, well, it hurt me to type that! Less said the better, but I'm sure there will be somebody on here that says it's better than the original, just to get a reaction, again, they are plain wrong.

I know people have their own opinion, and I do respect that, and all that shit, but come on people, remakes of classics are not really warranted! I know I'm going off the horror tangent here, but was a remake of Total Recall needed for example? I know there are probably hundreds of other examples I could have used, but that was the first that came to mind.

Anyway, back to my answer to the question of worst horror remake (Thanks Craig for a good thread by the way!)

Dawn of the Dead & Day of the Dead.
"Hey Bub! Wanna learn how to shoot? You puss brain bag of shit!"

#24 User is offline   Craig 

• Alba Gu Bràth
  • View blog
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 26 January 2012 - 04:50 PM

View PostLee, on 26 January 2012 - 04:30 PM, said:

Day of the Dead remake, well, it hurt me to type that! Less said the better, but I'm sure there will be somebody on here that says it's better than the original, just to get a reaction, again, they are plain wrong.

I don't think there are many people who will think the remake was better than the original :lol2: such a bad movie.
You Can't Kill The Boogeyman

#25 Guest_rob_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:35 PM

Haha, well here I am. I think the Dawn of the Dead remake is a great movie. No, I'm not trying to get a reaction. :lol2:

Romero has never impressed me.

#26 User is offline   Atrium Pool 

• Cenobite
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 January 2012 - 09:26 AM

But, like most of the other big name horror directors, he has a real range. Not like any of the remake directors, who are lucky if they make 2 movies that people remember beyond the hype. Years later. People will see just like I saw right away that every one of those idiotic things is just like the others. Unlike the originals, which were shockingly distinct.

#27 User is offline   Lee 

• zombiecoops
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:39 AM

I used to like you Rob!! :lol2:

Well said Atrium! OK, George is really only known for his zombie movies, but he has done some other good stuff! Martin is a great film for example IMHO. Like him or not, be impressed by him, or not, George has done some amazing films that are classed as classics, and will remain classics forever. You have to give him credit for that!

#28 User is offline   Atrium Pool 

• Cenobite
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 January 2012 - 01:10 PM

I never understood Martin. But my favorite of his films will always be Creepshow. A good 55% at least of that movie didn't involve zombies. (Unless you count some of the unlikable characters.)

#29 User is offline   Craig 

• Alba Gu Bràth
  • View blog

Posted 27 January 2012 - 05:36 PM

I thought the Dawn of the Dead remake was awesome, loved it.

#30 User is offline   Atrium Pool 

• Cenobite
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 January 2012 - 07:03 PM

Yeah, you mentioned that. Maybe 5 or 6 times.

(I can't find a decent smiley.)

#31 User is offline   dpcraig 

• Cenobite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 27 January 2012 - 07:39 PM

Actually, the remake that upset me the most was the War of the Worlds remake. It lacked everything I thought it should be except for that one set of scenes in the Tim Robbins character's house. If the whole film had kept that tone, it would have ruled.

#32 User is offline   Craig 

• Alba Gu Bràth
  • View blog

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:39 PM

View PostAtrium Pool, on 27 January 2012 - 07:03 PM, said:

Yeah, you mentioned that. Maybe 5 or 6 times.
(I can't find a decent smiley.)

Thanks for noticing, at least you're paying attention B)

#33 User is offline   Admiral Ackbar 

• Leviathan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • LocationThe centre of the universe

Posted 28 January 2012 - 03:01 AM

View Postrob, on 26 January 2012 - 09:35 PM, said:

Haha, well here I am. I think the Dawn of the Dead remake is a great movie. No, I'm not trying to get a reaction. :lol2:

Romero has never impressed me.

You are in a very small minority with that view. That or you saw Survival Of The Dead...
It's a trap!

#34 User is offline   Jack Frost 

• Banned
  • View blog
  • LocationPirate Land

Posted 28 January 2012 - 04:09 AM

View Postdpcraig, on 27 January 2012 - 07:39 PM, said:

Actually, the remake that upset me the most was the War of the Worlds remake. It lacked everything I thought it should be except for that one set of scenes in the Tim Robbins character's house. If the whole film had kept that tone, it would have ruled.

it was SOooooo good that I completely forget it was ever made. :duh:
and I saw it in theater... and you rarely ever forget a movie you saw in theater... at least in my case.
You know you are a true horror fan when someone sees your DVD collection and accuse you of being a Satanist. :wub:

#35 User is offline   Boogeyman 

• The Party Animal
  • PipPipPipPip
  • LocationTexas

Posted 29 January 2012 - 03:02 AM

Anyone who didnt like "The Hills Have Eyes" remake I challenge your taste in horror movies. I thought it was better then the original and I don't say that lightly and I don't say that about any other remake.
"It's all true, the Boogeyman is real and you found him!" Otis Driftwood

#36 User is offline   Atrium Pool 

• Cenobite
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 January 2012 - 04:31 AM

Well, what can I say? I think people who did like it are sell-outs and, again, bigger fans of action-thrillers than true horror.

The remake just looked more professional than the original. That's all it was. Inside, I think you'll find it completely lacked the brain, heart, and soul of the 70's horror it's trying to homage. Saying it's a better movie is kind of like walking up to a machine and going "ooooh, aaaah" because it's bigger and shinier than what it's meant to replace. It's still just a hunk of junk. And the same is most definitely true of several other remakes I mentioned. (Except RZ's Halloween, he ran that thing through the toilet instead of the trash compactor.)

The original is not as sturdy as some of Craven's other films but it's still made with more passion, care, and true love for the genre.

#37 User is offline   Boogeyman 

• The Party Animal
  • PipPipPipPip
  • LocationTexas

Posted 29 January 2012 - 06:07 AM

I couldnt disagree more. I thought this remake was well thought out, gritty like the original, and stayed very close to the original in presentation. There was no PG-13 bullshit to this remake like alot of them. It was brutal. Craven even talked about how much he liked this remake and how it went deeper into how the people were mutated. He went so far as to say that he was fascinated by Aja taking the story to the nuke town where all the testing had been done.
"It's all true, the Boogeyman is real and you found him!" Otis Driftwood

#38 Guest_rob_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 29 January 2012 - 06:27 AM

Although I liked the remake and will probably never watch the original, what's it matter if Wes craven says this or that? Of course Craven's going to praise the film and Aja! He's the goddamn producer. :lol2:

"There was no PG-13 bullshit"

You're supposed to judge a movie based on...well, what's actually there. That's like saying "This movie was great because it didn't have a shot of a pile of dog shit!". Or: "Ah, well, at least Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem was R-rated!"...doesn't matter, the film was dog shit.

And I couldn't care less if a movie "stays close to the original presentation". YUCK. Give me a damn good movie! I don't care if you don't use the same mask, have the same iconic scene, being true, being blue, blah-fuckin'-blah, at the end of the day a good movie is a good movie! Yeah, we got that cool blood-geyser in the OG Nightmare, but don't give it to us again! Give us a new trick, show us something else cool, ya know?

#39 User is offline   Lee 

• zombiecoops
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 January 2012 - 09:57 AM

View PostAdmiral Ackbar, on 28 January 2012 - 03:01 AM, said:

You are in a very small minority with that view. That or you saw Survival Of The Dead...

:lol2: Survival was BAD! Very BAD!
I think it is the only Romero film that I've only watched twice, the others, I've watched multiple times. The only reason I gave it a second viewing was to give it another chance, but the second viewing hurt even more than the first!

#40 User is offline   Jack Frost 

• Banned
  • View blog
  • LocationPirate Land

Posted 29 January 2012 - 07:34 PM

View PostBoogeyman, on 29 January 2012 - 03:02 AM, said:

Anyone who didnt like "The Hills Have Eyes" remake I challenge your taste in horror movies. I thought it was better then the original and I don't say that lightly and I don't say that about any other remake.

I don't like original. I didn't like remake. Where do I fit in? :duh:

View PostAtrium Pool, on 29 January 2012 - 04:31 AM, said:

The original is not as sturdy as some of Craven's other films but it's still made with more passion, care, and true love for the genre.

When it comes to heart, Craven will always own Aja. Aja would do original horror for once, if he ever had a heart, not making his career on other people's ideas (remakes). He also seems to jerk off on gore and think that makes a great movie.

oh and before, people tell me High Tension was original... check it out again. It's not original at all, it just looks prettier. It was ok movie, but ending sucked badly... and it also borrows ideas (and even scenes) from several other movies.
You know you are a true horror fan when someone sees your DVD collection and accuse you of being a Satanist. :wub:

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users