Horror movies discussion - Guts And Gory: New Indie Film "Death Rite: The Monroe Killings" Trailer Teaser! - Horror movies discussion - Guts And Gory

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New Indie Film "Death Rite: The Monroe Killings" Trailer Teaser!

#1 User is offline   DeathRite 

• Pit Pig
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 January 2012 - 06:38 AM

Hello Horror Fans!
I would like to tell you all about an indie horror film in the makes titled "Death Rite: The Monroe Killings".

(WATCH TRAILER TEASER HERE)- http://vimeo.com/m/35317847

Directed and Produced By: Mark Scholl
Producer: Liam Casey
Director Of Photography: Zach Keasling and Kennon Fleischer
Starring: Benjamin Rose, Gabriel Bellotti, and Kati Midgley

2011 Paranoia Comics Llc.

This film is about an ancient religious possession that is inherited to a teen while at a cabin with his friends. I can't really tell you much more than that for now, but it should be coming out in the Fall of 2012. Please, post your comments and the crew/cast of Death Rite will be glad to answer them for you!

#2 User is offline   Craig 

• Alba Gu BrĂ th
  • View blog
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 20 January 2012 - 03:24 PM

Sounds/looks interesting, good luck... and welcome to the forums.
You Can't Kill The Boogeyman

#3 User is offline   dpcraig 

• Cenobite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:03 PM

Read me calmly and carefully, as I promise this is not negative. I love the look and quality of what you have. But...be careful...don't call this a trailer yet...only call it a production teaser at best. The reason "why" is because aside from your written description to us, we get no clue to the plot in what you have filmed there. It comes across as a cinematographer's reel/demo or just a tonal teaser. Again, I'm not being negative to you or your work, but I'm getting an everyday crash course in the business of the industry since this time last year, and I just want to help others like I've been helped and guided. I think you even want to promote your teaser more as the look/feel/atmosphere of your film, really...and that, that is what you are giving the fans currently.

Definitely, though, keep doing what you have done here and promote to your greatest strength - those of us in the horror crowd who constantly crave something new/whatever is coming next. We have so much free marketing available to us in this age, so keep using it, as it does work. I am intrigued, for sure. I just have a mind to always help folks, and I want what we do and love so much to keep gaining respect in the world. Doing that sadly means that we still have to play the game just like the big shots out there, too, though. I don't like following every formula either, but some I just have to or else I get deemed "another guy who has no clue." That's totally unfair, but they could care less. They have their formulas, and they swear by them.

Best of luck, and do let us know more in the future.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users