Horror movies discussion - Guts And Gory: Good old times? - Horror movies discussion - Guts And Gory

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Good old times?

#1 User is offline   Jack Frost 

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Veteran
  • LocationPirate Land

Posted 15 January 2012 - 03:32 PM

I just remembered a time when most of us had to dig up the old video stores just in order to find some specific movie, that you couldn't find in years... Then after you finally find it, you shit your pants and play that old VHS tape five times a day. :pimp:

Then, after that one is done, you go to videostore and start looking at all those movie covers, picking up the one that you think it would be the best. Of course, since you are still young kid and not very good with movie critics, you just look at one "scary" cover that you have no intention to pick up since most of people told you "it's too scary" but you have to look at it's VHS cover anyway (happened to me with Night of Demons and Hellraiser many, many times, over and over again) :rofl:

of course, sometimes you fuck it up, picking up almost damaged VHS tape, and your TV screen is jumping all the way up and down, or VHS cover just told you yet another lie (anyone watched ANY Ray Dennis Steckler movie?)

not to mention that I had to contact other people from different European countries, just to get THAT specific movie? and that good old soul finally ships you your VHS for free, and once it get at your front door after few months of waiting, you shit your pants again... You put that VHS into your recorder, start playing only to realize that VHS movie was dubbed in *German*Italian*Polish* and there are no subtitles, so you have no clue what they are saying...

I just had to say it, that nostalgic feeling. It just shows how much we become spoiled because of the internet. Like I said... good ol' times...
You know you are a true horror fan when someone sees your DVD collection and accuse you of being a Satanist. :wub:

#2 User is offline   Craig 

• Alba Gu BrĂ th
  • View blog
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 15 January 2012 - 03:47 PM

The one movie that I used to rent all the time was Madman... love it.
You Can't Kill The Boogeyman

#3 User is offline   Jack Frost 

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Veteran
  • LocationPirate Land

Posted 15 January 2012 - 04:40 PM

Madman was fun. I could do rewatch soon. I don't get why it was bashed by critics when it was released? It's not like everyone got sick of slashers at that time, since it was released in early era of slasher wave?
You know you are a true horror fan when someone sees your DVD collection and accuse you of being a Satanist. :wub:

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users