Horror movies discussion - Guts And Gory: Glenn Quinn - Horror movies discussion - Guts And Gory

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Glenn Quinn Roseanne and Angel

#1 User is offline   Craig 

• Alba Gu Bràth
  • View blog
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 09 January 2012 - 05:48 PM

Glenn Quinn, born in Ireland, was the co owner/silent partner of a club called Goldfinger’s which is just a couple of doors down from the PLA BOY liquor store in a particularly grubby area of Hollywood, mentioned in the Ed Wood story.

Glenn had adrinke and drug problem for quite some time. He lost his last job on Angel because of it. It appears that he was on a downward spiral, and according to some sources, he lost the house be bought from his Roseanne money. He was bought out in his night club venture, because he was begging for money from customers, getting in to fights and just being an all around embarrassment. The last straw for Glenn was being kicked out of rehab (Wavelengths in Malibu), for using drugs. This was a few days before he died.

Glenn was living the "transient" lifestyle, staying with friends, and on December 2, 2002, he was staying with his buddy Dwayne in North Hollywood. The apartment was on the ground floor, and Glenn was sleeping on the couch. Glenn and Dwayne spoke around 10pm, when Dwayne went to bed. At some point, Glenn had shot up heroin. Dwayne woke the next morning, saw Glenn sleeping there (he thought) and went out to run some errands. Upon his return around 11am or noon, he took a closer look at Glenn.

The Irish born actor was proud of his heritage, sporting the tattoo Erin Go Braugh (Ireland Forever) on his right shoulder and one of an Irish harp on this left. But he was a mess with a chalky drool oozing from his mouth and mismatched socks on his feet when his cold corpse was found on a couch of a friend’s North Hollywood apartment... Cause of death, Morphine Intoxication. An accidental overdose of heroin. He was only 32.

Apparently he left behind some financial troubles as well. Michael Fishman, who played D.J. on Roseanne, put out a plea for people to send donations to help cover the funeral costs. Sad considering that Glenn probably made more in a year than most "average" people make in a decade, and he pissed it all away on drink and drugs.

Glenn was taken to the Luyben Family Mortuary and embalmed. A funeral was held, and Sara Gilbert and Johnny Galecki (Darlene and David on Roseanne) attended. Glenn is buried in Forest Lawn, Cypress - in Orange County.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0703849/
You Can't Kill The Boogeyman

#2 User is offline   Jack Frost 

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Veteran
  • LocationPirate Land

Posted 11 January 2012 - 03:26 PM

I haven't seen him outside Angel (except Dr. Giggles, but that movie was such a crap that I pretend I've never seen it) but I really liked his character and I though he did great job on Angel. Heard he was good friend with David and Christian Kane (who played usual bad guy on Angel).

another guy that died too early was Andy Hallett (he played that green singing Lorne). He was terrific considering Lorne was his first ever roll. Heard he died some time after show ended from tooth infection !?
You know you are a true horror fan when someone sees your DVD collection and accuse you of being a Satanist. :wub:

#3 User is offline   Craig 

• Alba Gu Bràth
  • View blog
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 11 January 2012 - 04:33 PM

Glenn was also in a movie called Campfire Tales.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0115813/
You Can't Kill The Boogeyman

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users