Horror movies discussion - Guts And Gory: Having to euthanize your dog.... - Horror movies discussion - Guts And Gory

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Having to euthanize your dog....

#1 User is offline   Petch Lucas 

• Manipulator
  • View blog
  • Group: Administrators
  • LocationHattiesburg

Posted 12 December 2011 - 06:30 AM

Having to euthanize your dog is one of the most agonizing and disheartening decisions you have to make, and if you're an animal lover like I am, chances are you'll have to do it more than a few times in your life.

We first invited Obi-Wan (Obi for short) to be a part of our family in 1999, when he was a year old. A large sheepdog, he lived to be thirteen, which is about three years beyond the life expectancy of a dog that size. We mainly adopted him so that he could possibly mate with Hannah (d. 2006), our other sheepdog, and produce puppies. That never happened, alas, but Obi still brought us much love and joy, and I loved him, as I do all my dogs and my one cat, almost as much as a human family member.

Attached File  obi_lastpic.jpg (33.3K)
Number of downloads: 7

On a somewhat positive note, we found a vet who was willing to drive out to our house and adminster the euthanasia on-site, so Obi could slip away peacefully at home, surrounded by his loved ones who gently carried him out to the backyard for burial once it was finished.

I know this is a depressing thread, so feel free not to comment unless you'd like to. But I would have felt it doing him an injustice if I didn't post something here. As the group Oasis would sing, "D'you Know What I Mean?"
"Now don't you worry, son. Those were just lies I told to get prescription drugs."
- Bryan Cranston

#2 User is offline   s0me-kind-0f-m0nster 

• Monsterman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Veteran

Posted 12 December 2011 - 07:22 AM

Its never easy to lose a member of your family even if it is a pet, when something/someone is with you that long there is always going to be an emotional attatchment.

I'm sorry for your loss Petch, I've got two doggies myself and I know I don't ever want to be in the situation you found yourself in
People spend one day a year pretending to be monsters...
Me?
I've spent my entire life pretending I'm not one....

#3 User is offline   Matt 

• Hail to the king, baby
  • View blog
  • LocationScotland

Posted 12 December 2011 - 10:21 AM

Been here many times before. Always hard losing a pet. Sorry to hear this Petch.

#4 User is offline   tina chris-hewitt 

• Engineer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Members
  • LocationRuggsville county TX

Posted 12 December 2011 - 01:46 PM

I'm really sorry for your loss Petch... I've never had a pet for my self but I have lost beloved ones too and so I know exactly how you feel. Be brave and strong.
''Huntin' humans? They ain't nothin' but nothin'. They all run like scared little rubbits. Run rabbit run!''
- Otis B. Driftwood

#5 User is offline   Beantown Bitch 

• Jason Fodder
  • PipPip
  • View blog
  • LocationBeantown > Now residing in Sunny NH

Posted 15 December 2011 - 10:49 AM

I can totally relate. I am going through this myself right now. Just lost one kitty and another one had a seizure. My heart has been hurting for months. I just keep giving them lots of hugs and kisses and attention. It's such a shitty thing to have to do yet you have no choice. I am just getting over the loss of one now another perhaps sooner than i thought. I'm dying inside. It hurts. I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope i get to see all my pets iv'e lost when i leave this place. That would rock.

#6 User is offline   Lilith 

• Pit Pig
  • Pip

Posted 15 December 2011 - 08:15 PM

I'm so sorry. I know how you feel. Being an only child we got Bernie when I was 7. He was like my brother. Just with spots..and he liked to lick his butt. "Mom, tell Bernie to get outta my room!" 13 years later, I was at work when my mom called to tell me "he's suffering, we've decided to put him down tomorrow." I rushed over and stayed the night. I managed to convince my dad to get him on meds that I would pay for. Or so I thought. The next day the vet techs came out with a stretcher and I over heard them say euthanasia. I became hysterical at that point. Dad just looked straight ahead and said it was time for us to go. Bernie never gave kisses, but he gave me one that day and I'll never forget it. One day I'll see him again, and I'll have a big bag of Cheetoes ready.
I'm ok with the "IT" remake as long as they do something about that stupid fucking spider at the end!...Really?! A fucking spider?! Stephen couldn't come up with something scarier than that? Like idk, an IRS tax agent or something?

#7 User is offline   Lee 

• zombiecoops
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationBolton, Greater Manchester,

Posted 16 December 2011 - 01:33 PM

Always sad to lose a pet, been through it a few times lately and it is one of the most upsetting things ever!

At least he was with his loving family when he passed.

Deepest sympathy Petch to you and your family.
"Hey Bub! Wanna learn how to shoot? You puss brain bag of shit!"

#8 User is offline   Steven 

• Long live the Pit
  • PipPipPipPip
  • LocationLangley, BC CANADA

Posted 17 December 2011 - 05:04 AM

Damn Petch... I read your post on facebook about him.... but this is just heartbreaking what you wrote...

My best to you dude!!! Loosing a pet is loosing a family member... its just as hard :( Keep youre chin up bud!!!!

Cheers,
Steven

#9 User is offline   Petch Lucas 

• Manipulator
  • View blog
  • LocationHattiesburg

Posted 17 December 2011 - 12:20 PM

Everyone, thank you for all of your sympathy and well-wishes. It has been almost a week, and for me it's taken an unexpectedly longer period of adjustment. But all is well now, and I'm getting over it. Your comforting comments are a great help, so I thank you all for them.
"Now don't you worry, son. Those were just lies I told to get prescription drugs."
- Bryan Cranston

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users