Horror movies discussion - Guts And Gory: Boxing or UFC? - Horror movies discussion - Guts And Gory

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Boxing or UFC? Which do you prefer?

#21 User is offline   Matt 

• Hail to the king, baby
  • View blog
  • Group: Administrators
  • LocationScotland

Posted 10 December 2011 - 04:56 PM

Another boxer died this month I'm sure. Russian fighter. Collapsed in the ring, and slipped into a coma apparently. Died a few days later in hospital.
If that was a UFC fighter you would hear ALLLL ABOUT IT.
MMA is still fighting to be accepted as widely as boxing. Nothing but growth for the sport...

#22 User is offline   bozzer 

• The Beer Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Veteran

Posted 10 December 2011 - 05:35 PM

i like both but i have to give the slight edge to boxing since i took boxing for many years

#23 User is offline   speedy 

• Skav
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Veteran

Posted 11 December 2011 - 11:44 PM

View Postvinni, on 10 December 2011 - 01:17 AM, said:

I am and always will be a boxing fan first. I've grown to enjoy MMA as well, the UFC definitely puts on entertaining cards more consistently than you see in boxing, where you might go 6 months between worthwhile fights at times. But there's nothing quite like the atmosphere of a boxing super fight. Not to mention the money they pull in. If Pacquiao and Mayweather ever stop the bullshit and fight they will probably each make more than every UFC fighter combined will make in a year. lol

On the topic, did anyone catch the Cotto/Margarito rematch last weekend? Was I ever happy to see my boy Cotto hand that punk a beating. It was a masterful performance by Cotto, his last few fights he looked like he might have been fading but that may have been as good as he's ever looked.

Now he just needs to avenge his loss to Pacquiao, none of that catchweight bullshit this time though.

I'm amazed at how many boxing fans want to see a rematch between Cotto and Pacquiao. Cotto just back peddled and tried to survive after the fourth round. I don't believe he was weight drained because of the catchweight. Just because a fight is at a catchweight does not mean that a boxer will definitely be affected! He just neglected to use the jab like he was doing in the first three rounds. He doesn't deserve one.

As for the Margarito fight, I was never convinced that Margarito plastered his hands up for Cotto in the first one . Not a lot of boxing fans know that Margarito put on 35lb after the Cotto victory and had all that weight to shift. When he did, he was dehydrated come fight night. It figures. But I'm glad for the Cotto fans that he won because I don't think Margarito should be making money from boxing afer what he did. That, and that eye was definitely not strong enough for Margarito to fight with. It opened up so easily and quickly!

Amir Khan just lost last night, our British hyped boxer in a stunning upset, as well as David Lemieux did, and next week we have Froch vs Ward to see who is the best super-middleweight in the world, bar Lucian Bute. Not a bad ending for boxing, I must say.

In the new year, we got the legendary Erik Morales fighting again and possible match ups between Timothy Bradley, Devon Alexander, Marcos Maidana and Khan. Saul Alvarez will possibly go on to do some good things, the red headed Mexican. And Mayweather is fighting on May 5th.

Just don't mention Pacquiao vs Mayweather. It will never happen. Not unless Bob Arum budges on his position.

And the only reason why there was hardly any news about the Russian fighter dying isn't due to lack of interest. It's just that nobody in the Western world cares about the happenings in Eastern Europe.

#24 User is offline   Matt 

• Hail to the king, baby
  • View blog
  • Group: Administrators
  • LocationScotland

Posted 12 December 2011 - 10:22 AM

If it was an MMA bout in Eastern Europe I reckon you would hear all about it, is my point bro.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users