Horror movies discussion - Guts And Gory: FRIDAY THE 13TH: THE ULTIMATE COMPILATION! - Horror movies discussion - Guts And Gory

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

FRIDAY THE 13TH: THE ULTIMATE COMPILATION!

#1 User is offline   jasonsfury 

• Death curse...
  • PipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 October 2011 - 09:08 PM

Wow, I haven't been here in a long while. Just popped in to see what was going on and noticed that there was no info posted about Harry's awesome new Friday the 13th project.

Friday the 13th: The Ultimate Compilation features music from the Friday the 13th films compiled by Harry Manfredini and Sean Cunningham. Says Manfredini: "I am so excited about the new CD available for download through Lionsgate Records and Fearnet.com. I have put together some of the most requested excerpts from the first six of the Friday the 13th scores. The collection includes the ‘Diner Song' which is probably the most requested of all! Thanks for your support. Enjoy!"

http://www.fridaythe...ompilation.html
Owner/Writer www.fridaythe13thfranchise.com

#2 User is offline   Craig 

• Alba Gu Bràth
  • View blog
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 25 October 2011 - 10:46 PM

Awesome stuff, thanks for the update :clap:
You Can't Kill The Boogeyman

#3 User is offline   Petch Lucas 

• Manipulator
  • View blog
  • LocationHattiesburg

Posted 27 October 2011 - 06:06 AM

Jason, man, thanks for the update! I knew something like this was in the works, but I didn't realize it would be out this soon. Not to in any way "steal your thunder," but I need to post this in the main Pit forum, especially since I have done a news item for it on the Pit main page.

Oh, and for those who aren't sure, if you like Harry's music, then it's some of the best ten bucks you'll ever spend.
"Now don't you worry, son. Those were just lies I told to get prescription drugs."
- Bryan Cranston

#4 User is offline   Petch Lucas 

• Manipulator
  • View blog
  • LocationHattiesburg

Posted 01 November 2011 - 06:44 AM

UPDATE!
Mark your calendars for January 13, 2012 (and is that a Friday? Well, is the pope Catholic?), because La-La Land Records is releasing a six-disc box-set featuring Harry's scores for the first six Friday The 13th films. Just to clarify, Fred Mollin scored Parts 7 and 8 (although the latter did include some existing cues by Harry, mostly from Parts 2 and 6); Harry returned for Parts 9 and 10, but those scores are already available on CD.

Harry's scores for Fridays 1-6 remain an elusive treat. Although a great vinyl record album soundrack featuring cues from Parts 1-3 was issued in 1982 on Grammavision Records, it left out a lot of great music, and for a long time was the only Friday music available commercially.

I updated the Pit mainpage for further details about the new box set, so check out http://www.pitofhorror.com for more info and links.
"Now don't you worry, son. Those were just lies I told to get prescription drugs."
- Bryan Cranston

#5 User is offline   roycefilmwriter 

• The Voorhees House
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Industry

Posted 14 November 2011 - 01:53 AM

Was part 3 the only one out of the six films that he did not score the entire film, just first and last reel? Cause if he does a disc per film some of the films will be short, like part 3.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users