Horror movies discussion - Guts And Gory: Who Believes in Ghosts? - Horror movies discussion - Guts And Gory

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Who Believes in Ghosts? Any Stories to Share?

#21 User is offline   Craig 

• Alba Gu Bràth
  • View blog
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 25 October 2011 - 10:35 PM

View Posttina chris-hewitt, on 25 October 2011 - 07:56 PM, said:

If this topic is going to turn into a "scary ghost stories" one, then I'm in!! I may be sceptical about ghosts not knowing what to believe anymore, but scary stories is something I go for!

Me too, I love reading ghost stories.
You Can't Kill The Boogeyman

#22 User is offline   Jack Frost 

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Veteran
  • LocationPirate Land

Posted 26 October 2011 - 11:14 AM

Craig, why don't you make sticky thread where we could write about urban legends and old legends? Better then mixing it with this thread? You could also move post from here to that thread?

anyway, here's one another interesting Slavic legendary creature: Nightmare (no, it's not a hell steed)

True origin of Nightmares are unknown, and they are suspected to be of demon origin. They can present themselves as anything or anyone (objects, animals, person)... According to one legend, family man was plagued by Nightmare (it attacks person on sleep, giving him horrible nightmares, slowly driving him insane since he could not sleep) so he decided to take his horse (this was back in 1600s) and travel around the country so he wouldn't accidentally hurt his family. At one point, he found a old man doing manual work on his farm. Since he didn't sleep for weeks, he asked old man if he could watch him while he sleep, and if it seems to old man that he's having nightmares, old man should wake him up (Nightmare could also kill person in their dreams\nightmares. Sounds familiar? :freddy: ). Old man accepted. Few hours have passed, and man was starting to have nightmares. Old man noticed, but he also noticed that tinny thread is wrapping around man's neck, starting to strangle him. Old man took the scissors and cut thread in half, when he heard a inhuman scream. Later, in the morning, old man told family man that he was in fact plagued by Nightmare (people know of it's existence) and once man took of to see his horse, he noticed his horse was dead, with cuts on his neck. The Nightmare was impersonating horse all along. There were also several stories about Nightmare being man's wife (usually very beautiful) whom he marry after meeting her one night and so on... I think this legend served as example of teaching people not to be greedy and not to cheat on their wives (or reverse)... anyway, I found it interesting, because I thought folks on Pit might find some parts very similar to Freddy.
You know you are a true horror fan when someone sees your DVD collection and accuse you of being a Satanist. :wub:

#23 User is offline   dpcraig 

• Cenobite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 October 2011 - 01:46 PM

I get so much stuff in my emails - jobs and such for film/tv. Well, look what just popped in my email this morning...haha...

--------------------------------

PARANORMAL TV SHOW CASTING MALE INVESTIGATOR

We are searching NATIONWIDE for a male Paranormal Investigator to join the cast of an existing hit TV series!

We are seeking an articulate, inquisitive, charismatic male 20-30, all ethnicities. Must be interested in paranormal phenomena, capable of doing basic historical research, and willing to use/learn ghost hunting gear.

Travel required.

There will be compensation if you are selected to be on the show.

TO SUBMIT:
Be sure to mention you heard about this from Jeff Gund at INFOLIST.com for priority consideration, and email ALL the information requested below, no later than Tuesday, Novemeber 1st 2011, to:
paranormcast@gmail.com
Be sure to include:
1. Your name (first and last)
2. Contact phone number
3. Recent headshot/photos (jpg format please)
4. Optional: Links to any online video of you
5. Resume or brief bio describing your relevant experience, your interest in paranormal, and why you'd be great for this show.
6. Be sure to mention you heard about this from Jeff Gund at INFOLIST.com for priority consideration!

#24 User is offline   Craig 

• Alba Gu Bràth
  • View blog

Posted 26 October 2011 - 03:20 PM

Hell, I wasn't over the age of 30, then I would go for it lol.

#25 User is offline   Steven 

• Long live the Pit
  • PipPipPipPip
  • LocationLangley, BC CANADA

Posted 27 October 2011 - 03:47 AM

I believe in something.... Im not a religious guy by any means... but to believe in "something"... some sort of life after death... too many strange things happen with no explanation...

My daughter, Petra... one time walked past a picture of my Dad (who passed away almost 6 years ago... waaaaay before she was born) and said PAPA! and pointed to his photo... there's been a few times that we'll be either in her playroom or getting ready for bed... and she will point to "nothing" and say Papa!.... other times she'll be have been watching TV and have her eyes glued to the TV... and then she will turn around behind her and say Hi Papa! and started laughing... again at "nothing"...

So yeah I believe in spirits/souls.... ghosts... whatever... there's def. something there...

#26 User is offline   Lee 

• zombiecoops
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationBolton, Greater Manchester,

Posted 27 October 2011 - 08:04 AM

I've experienced a "phantom shit" before. I farted, and I was conviced I'd followed through and shit my pants, but when I checked, there was nothing there! Nothing at all! It was really spooky!!
"Hey Bub! Wanna learn how to shoot? You puss brain bag of shit!"

#27 User is offline   Jack Frost 

• Banned
  • View blog
  • LocationPirate Land

Posted 27 October 2011 - 08:12 AM

If it was one of those Bozco's farts... :rofl: :badgrin:
You know you are a true horror fan when someone sees your DVD collection and accuse you of being a Satanist. :wub:

#28 User is offline   Craig 

• Alba Gu Bràth
  • View blog

Posted 27 October 2011 - 02:03 PM

View PostLee, on 27 October 2011 - 08:04 AM, said:

I've experienced a "phantom shit" before. I farted, and I was conviced I'd followed through and shit my pants, but when I checked, there was nothing there! Nothing at all! It was really spooky!!

:rofl:

#29 User is offline   Craig 

• Alba Gu Bràth
  • View blog

Posted 28 October 2011 - 07:37 PM

I just posted this in the Site Suggestions Forum.

Would anyone be interested in an *All Things Spooky* forum? We could possibly discuss things such as... Urban Legends / Myths / Ghost Stories / Haunted Locations / The Paranormal.

It's just an idea, I know we have the main Pit for *general horror movie discussions*... but I thought an *All Things Spooky* forum might be pretty cool.

Any thoughts?

#30 User is offline   tina chris-hewitt 

• Engineer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • LocationRuggsville county TX

Posted 29 October 2011 - 04:33 PM

View PostCraig, on 28 October 2011 - 07:37 PM, said:

I just posted this in the Site Suggestions Forum.

Would anyone be interested in an *All Things Spooky* forum? We could possibly discuss things such as... Urban Legends / Myths / Ghost Stories / Haunted Locations / The Paranormal.

It's just an idea, I know we have the main Pit for *general horror movie discussions*... but I thought an *All Things Spooky* forum might be pretty cool.

Any thoughts?

Hey, this sounds really good Craig! As a topic this may be forgotten as time passes but as a whole forum it will be there forever waiting for new replies!! Such a nice idea!! I'm in mate! :)
''Huntin' humans? They ain't nothin' but nothin'. They all run like scared little rubbits. Run rabbit run!''
- Otis B. Driftwood

#31 User is offline   Jack Frost 

• Banned
  • View blog
  • LocationPirate Land

Posted 29 October 2011 - 05:54 PM

+1

#32 User is offline   Chanta 

• Long live the Pit
  • PipPip

Posted 23 January 2012 - 01:40 AM

View PostJack Frost, on 25 October 2011 - 07:24 PM, said:

Iand of course... Slit-Mouthed Woman (also known as Kuchisake-onna)... This one is probably one of more famous since there were few movies based on this legend few years back. During winter, when you walk in any major town of Japan such as Tokio, you can encounter SMW. She will approach you and ask you if you think she is pretty. Now, in Japan, during winter time, people almost always wear surgical mask in order to protect from cold. If you tell her she isn't pretty, she will carve you with scissors. If you tell her she is pretty, she will pull away her mask, revealing her mutilated face, and ask "How about now?" If again you say "Yes" she will carve your mouth like her, and if you say "NO" she will cut you in half.

Now, the only way to escape her, is to confuse her with answers. You can either say "You're average" which will make her confused for few moments, leaving enough time for you to escape. Other answer would be to ask HER if you think YOU ARE pretty, which will again confuse her for a short time. There are also other ways to escape her, and even what she does to you, but that depends in which part of Japan you heard legend. Also her origin may vary (She is either unfaithful wife of Samurai who mutilated her face as punishment, or she is victim of failed plastic surgery)

Typical woman, even when we're dead there is no right answer. lol

#33 User is offline   Jack Frost 

• Banned
  • View blog
  • LocationPirate Land

Posted 23 January 2012 - 07:04 PM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Chanta, I am gonna tell you one joke that I found hilarious...

Ok, man finds a magic lamp. He touches it and Djinn comes out pissed. Djinn had a horrible headache for last 1000 years while in lamp, so he told man that he will grant him only ONE wish.

Man agrees (it's still better then none) and said that he wants a huge bridge so he could pass from one continent to another. Djinn refused to do it saying he would need billion of bricks, time and blah blah blah...

Man then said: "Well, ok then. If I can't get that, I would wish this. I always wanted to know what women think."

Djinn becomes uneasy and said: "Well, you know... about that bridge... "

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

#34 User is offline   tina chris-hewitt 

• Engineer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • LocationRuggsville county TX

Posted 23 January 2012 - 09:50 PM

Jack, for God's sake man...!!! Hahaahahha!! XD
''Huntin' humans? They ain't nothin' but nothin'. They all run like scared little rubbits. Run rabbit run!''
- Otis B. Driftwood

#35 User is offline   Chanta 

• Long live the Pit
  • PipPip

Posted 24 January 2012 - 12:54 AM

LOL that is good

#36 User is offline   Craig 

• Alba Gu Bràth
  • View blog

Posted 24 January 2012 - 04:07 PM