Horror movies discussion - Guts And Gory: Who Believes in Ghosts? - Horror movies discussion - Guts And Gory

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Who Believes in Ghosts? Any Stories to Share?

#1 User is offline   Craig 

• Alba Gu Bràth
  • View blog
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 24 October 2011 - 03:55 PM

Has anyone seen a ghost? or had any sort of paranormal experience?... Or does anyone have their doubts, and doesn't believe in them?
You Can't Kill The Boogeyman

#2 Guest_rob_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 24 October 2011 - 04:52 PM

Haha funny you bring this up, my friend has 3 posts from Facebook about how his dorm is haunted. Scared the shit out of me reading all of that at 4am.

I don't believer in ghosts, even after the experience I had. Don't ask me why I choose to do this, but I still think concept of ghosts is silly, even after witnessing an event.

My friends and I drove up to this place called "Gravity Hill", where if you stick your car in neutral your car goes uphill. The uphill part is very slight, from the scientific side it's this optical illusion thing that can be explained. But supposedly a school bus full of children drove off a cliff and they are "saving" your car by pushing you back up. We remember this, and look to the left, and there's a big gate. We walk over to it and what is it blocking? A huge cliff. So we went back down to a store to get some powder because supposedly if you throw some on your car their hand prints will show up. We went back up, threw some on my car, stuck the car in neutral, it went back like it always did. We drove back down because we were getting bored, but I notice something from the front of my car. I pull over and there are perfect small children hand prints all over my hood...

#3 User is offline   tina chris-hewitt 

• Engineer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Members
  • LocationRuggsville county TX

Posted 24 October 2011 - 07:19 PM

To be honest, I've read some things and seen several videos about the subject and I have to confess that I'm a bit confused. I never believed in ghosts and I always thought that all of these 'paranormal' activities and insidents that happen can be explained logically somehow. Personally, I believe that all these stories about ghosts and wandering souls are just fictions created by people in the old days to explain some phenomena unknown to them.
''Huntin' humans? They ain't nothin' but nothin'. They all run like scared little rubbits. Run rabbit run!''
- Otis B. Driftwood

#4 User is offline   speedy 

• Skav
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Veteran

Posted 24 October 2011 - 07:35 PM

My great gran dad was a lifeguard in Cornwall and died in a boating accident. My nan claims she saw him in her bedroom one night. She's also experienced tap like sensations on her shoulder and when she has looked around there was nobody there. I've also had this. My mum played with a ouiji board once and it spelt out her future exactly! I believe in a spirit world but not sure about ghosts as such. I'll reserve judgement until I see one.

#5 User is offline   Jack Frost 

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • LocationPirate Land

Posted 24 October 2011 - 08:04 PM

View Postrob, on 24 October 2011 - 04:52 PM, said:

My friends and I drove up to this place called "Gravity Hill", where if you stick your car in neutral your car goes uphill. The uphill part is very slight, from the scientific side it's this optical illusion thing that can be explained. But supposedly a school bus full of children drove off a cliff and they are "saving" your car by pushing you back up. We remember this, and look to the left, and there's a big gate. We walk over to it and what is it blocking? A huge cliff. So we went back down to a store to get some powder because supposedly if you throw some on your car their hand prints will show up. We went back up, threw some on my car, stuck the car in neutral, it went back like it always did. We drove back down because we were getting bored, but I notice something from the front of my car. I pull over and there are perfect small children hand prints all over my hood...

This one was in one of those "ghost documentaries" and they explained that "ghost" are in fact magnetic field at the top of hill.... also, they mentioned that some people seen small hands after placing powder on their car... hmm, possibly we watched same show? :rolleyes:

anyway, there was one house in my old neighborhood that was supposedly haunted. Two brothers killed each other in that house (this did in fact happen, since my grandmother confirmed it to me) and people said that arguing, screaming and light could be seen in that house from time to time, even if house was empty for nearly 60+ years at that time... Won't say I saw something there or not, since I never bother checking it out.

One thing is for sure, if I DID go to check it out, and something appeared, I would run like hell out of that place. Fuck it, I've seen too many horror movies to know how that one would end. :rofl:
You know you are a true horror fan when someone sees your DVD collection and accuse you of being a Satanist. :wub:

#6 User is offline   Craig 

• Alba Gu Bràth
  • View blog

Posted 24 October 2011 - 09:24 PM

I've never actually seen a ghost, but I do believe something is out there.

#7 User is offline   Admiral Ackbar 

• Leviathan
  • View blog
  • LocationThe centre of the universe

Posted 24 October 2011 - 09:51 PM

I am one of those skeptics. Some of the stories that people make up are just ridiculous.
It's a trap!

#8 User is offline   Jack Frost 

• Banned
  • View blog
  • LocationPirate Land

Posted 24 October 2011 - 10:32 PM

like Paranormal Activity 1,2,3 ??? <_<
You know you are a true horror fan when someone sees your DVD collection and accuse you of being a Satanist. :wub:

#9 User is offline   Craig 

• Alba Gu Bràth
  • View blog

Posted 24 October 2011 - 11:11 PM

View PostJack Frost, on 24 October 2011 - 10:32 PM, said:

like Paranormal Activity 1,2,3 ??? <_<

:rofl:

#10 User is offline   Damien 

• Pit Master
  • PipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 25 October 2011 - 02:36 AM

I'm a ghost.
:eek:

#11 Guest_rob_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 25 October 2011 - 07:57 AM

View PostJack Frost, on 24 October 2011 - 08:04 PM, said:

This one was in one of those "ghost documentaries" and they explained that "ghost" are in fact magnetic field at the top of hill.... also, they mentioned that some people seen small hands after placing powder on their car... hmm, possibly we watched same show? :rolleyes:

Haha, no you can of peaches on a paper plate next to some nasty tater tots.

http://www.pasadenav...5-gravity-hill/

There's apparently more than one, and I still don't necessarily believe in ghosts, but I believe in what I saw...and what I saw were little hand prints.

#12 User is offline   Jack Frost 

• Banned
  • View blog
  • LocationPirate Land

Posted 25 October 2011 - 08:05 AM

hmm... interesting. Useful when you run out of gas. :badgrin:

#13 User is offline   Craig 

• Alba Gu Bràth
  • View blog

Posted 25 October 2011 - 02:20 PM

View PostDamien, on 25 October 2011 - 02:36 AM, said:

I'm a ghost.
:eek:

OK, now I'm scared :eek:

#14 User is offline   dpcraig 

• Cenobite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 25 October 2011 - 03:15 PM

I actually do a good bit of ghost hunting in my area. I've seen and heard things that don't add up, and I've noticed that I'm that guy that likely gets killed in every horror movie because I'll actually go after the noise/sighting...haha.

Latest experiences I had were at the Woodruff-Fontaine house in Memphis, TN (going back very soon, too). Up on the second floor near the balcony (and it's a huge, squared out staircase that leads up to each of three floors) there were the four of us - the one girl in the front room with a flashlight, myself standing, a friend sitting on the bench near the balcony and another friend sitting in the floor doing an EVP session. When the girl came out of that front room with her flashlight, it shone behind us guys casting our shadows on the far wall (as is to be expected), but the creepy part was seeing my shadow (normal), seeing my friend sitting on the bench's shadow (normal), seeing my friend sitting in the floor's shadow (normal) but also the shadow of someone standing right next to my friend sitting in the floor (incredibly NOT normal). It was damned cool and creepy.

Most of the night we also chased the sounds of child laughter. Screw all those ghost shows, too where they sort of hear something or barely get a voice on EVP because they turned the volume way up. We've got stuff clear as day on normal volume that absolutely wasn't there and is creepy as hell.

Oh, last thing that occurred that night was when we went into the bedroom of the mother who supposedly died there. One friend said that we found her wedding ring and that we wanted to take it with us because she obviously can't use it anymore. We all instantly noticed the chandelier in the room. It wasn't swaying slightly or turning some as if wind or the air conditioner hit it...no...it started trembling like an Earthquake was going on. Dude apologized real quick, and it did stop momentarily.

But...yeah...seen several things...heard several things that I can't explain away. I'm very much one to look for a scientific answer, too. What sucks the most is having experiences where it's just like the ones you get skeptical about on those TV shows - where one person sees/hears something, but no one else did. Those suck. I hate when that happens because you feel like a moron, but you know you're not...haha.

#15 User is offline   Craig 

• Alba Gu Bràth
  • View blog

Posted 25 October 2011 - 04:22 PM

View Postdpcraig, on 25 October 2011 - 03:15 PM, said:

I actually do a good bit of ghost hunting in my area. I've seen and heard things that don't add up, and I've noticed that I'm that guy that likely gets killed in every horror movie because I'll actually go after the noise/sighting...haha.

Latest experiences I had were at the Woodruff-Fontaine house in Memphis, TN (going back very soon, too). Up on the second floor near the balcony (and it's a huge, squared out staircase that leads up to each of three floors) there were the four of us - the one girl in the front room with a flashlight, myself standing, a friend sitting on the bench near the balcony and another friend sitting in the floor doing an EVP session. When the girl came out of that front room with her flashlight, it shone behind us guys casting our shadows on the far wall (as is to be expected), but the creepy part was seeing my shadow (normal), seeing my friend sitting on the bench's shadow (normal), seeing my friend sitting in the floor's shadow (normal) but also the shadow of someone standing right next to my friend sitting in the floor (incredibly NOT normal). It was damned cool and creepy.

Most of the night we also chased the sounds of child laughter. Screw all those ghost shows, too where they sort of hear something or barely get a voice on EVP because they turned the volume way up. We've got stuff clear as day on normal volume that absolutely wasn't there and is creepy as hell.

Oh, last thing that occurred that night was when we went into the bedroom of the mother who supposedly died there. One friend said that we found her wedding ring and that we wanted to take it with us because she obviously can't use it anymore. We all instantly noticed the chandelier in the room. It wasn't swaying slightly or turning some as if wind or the air conditioner hit it...no...it started trembling like an Earthquake was going on. Dude apologized real quick, and it did stop momentarily.

But...yeah...seen several things...heard several things that I can't explain away. I'm very much one to look for a scientific answer, too. What sucks the most is having experiences where it's just like the ones you get skeptical about on those TV shows - where one person sees/hears something, but no one else did. Those suck. I hate when that happens because you feel like a moron, but you know you're not...haha.

Great story mate, and I would to do some sort of Ghost Hunting. I know Ian (HybridFlip) is into that as well. He has his own FB group page *Prairie State Paranormal*

#16 User is offline   Jack Frost 

• Banned
  • View blog
  • LocationPirate Land

Posted 25 October 2011 - 06:05 PM

View Postdpcraig, on 25 October 2011 - 03:15 PM, said:

Then you might find this one interesting. Recently, there were rumors of Screamers appearing in south part of my country... and believe it or not, there were rumors of vampire appearing in some village... but again, it's south part of the country, and they are known for their superstitious believes.

but I am telling you this, because you might find Screamers interesting as legend. They are supposed souls of unbaptized children that could not enter Heaven nor Hell because they were not baptized. So, they are stuck in this world. According to the old legends (earliest appearances were in old Slavic legends) they are something between werewolf and vampire, but they are CHILDREN. Think of them as vampires that eat flesh too... and you know they are near because of the sounds they make - they either scream\cry like little child, or make sounds that of an animal (usually wolf, cat, lamb or cow) ... They also tend to hang out in cemeteries or watermills (two places where two worlds connect) and they usually go for their parents... you know, kinda like they are pissed because their parents let them die.

and vampires... well, vampires in Slavic legends are no joke (fuck Twilight), they are feral and powerful, nearly indestructible. Only way to kill them was to impale them in their grave, then destroy butterfly that will come out of it's mouth. If butterfly is not killed, destroying vampire's body was useless, since it will regenerate and rise again (once butterfly returns to body). Butterfly on it's own was also capable of draining blood and usually killing people in process. Vampires could also control animals (such as wolves) and even turn into one. They could also walk during the day (older ones) but they rarely did that, since makes their body vulnerable if they were exposed to sunlight too much. They could also easily pass for living (they had shadow, reflection in the mirror and had all of their memories they had while they were alive)

#17 User is offline   Craig 

• Alba Gu Bràth
  • View blog

Posted 25 October 2011 - 06:34 PM

Some good stories in here, let's keep it going :)

#18 User is offline   Jack Frost 

• Banned
  • View blog
  • LocationPirate Land

Posted 25 October 2011 - 07:24 PM

I know shitload of those old Slavic legends and believes. Some rather cool legends\creature are there.
Japanese and Muslims also have some creepy legends (and weird in case of Japanese)...

One example of Japanese URBAN legend:

Can't remember the name of the creature, but story goes like this:

Since Japan has separate dorms for boys and girls in high school, this creature usually stalks opposite sex. It usually tends to show up on dorm window and start conversation with opposite sex. If you respond, and talk to it, and look down it's waist, you'll notice that it creature (pretending to be boy or a girl, depending on your own sex) has no lower body - it's been sliced apart. Naturally, you'll panic and start screaming, then run like hell. This is where creature comes after you, running only on it's hands, and when it gets near you, it slice you apart with it's huge scythe, turning you into one of it's kind. I have no clue how the heck creature hides HUGE SCYTHE, but what the hell, it's still creepy. However, if you remain clam and not panic once you first see creatures torso, you can avoid all of this. Also, not responding to the call\conversation, will save your life.

Next one... Again, you'll guess it, it only happens in school. When you walk into a toilet of school dorm, either boy or girl will approach you. He\She will ask you if you prefer blue or red color. If you say BLUE, people will find you hanging in the toilet (get it, you're face becomes blue from strangulation). If you say RED, then creature will turn your skin inside-out, and of course at that point you're dead.

and of course... Slit-Mouthed Woman (also known as Kuchisake-onna)... This one is probably one of more famous since there were few movies based on this legend few years back. During winter, when you walk in any major town of Japan such as Tokio, you can encounter SMW. She will approach you and ask you if you think she is pretty. Now, in Japan, during winter time, people almost always wear surgical mask in order to protect from cold. If you tell her she isn't pretty, she will carve you with scissors. If you tell her she is pretty, she will pull away her mask, revealing her mutilated face, and ask "How about now?" If again you say "Yes" she will carve your mouth like her, and if you say "NO" she will cut you in half.

Now, the only way to escape her, is to confuse her with answers. You can either say "You're average" which will make her confused for few moments, leaving enough time for you to escape. Other answer would be to ask HER if you think YOU ARE pretty, which will again confuse her for a short time. There are also other ways to escape her, and even what she does to you, but that depends in which part of Japan you heard legend. Also her origin may vary (She is either unfaithful wife of Samurai who mutilated her face as punishment, or she is victim of failed plastic surgery)

#19 User is offline   tina chris-hewitt 

• Engineer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • LocationRuggsville county TX

Posted 25 October 2011 - 07:56 PM

If this topic is going to turn into a "scary ghost stories" one, then I'm in!! I may be sceptical about ghosts not knowing what to believe anymore, but scary stories is something I go for!
''Huntin' humans? They ain't nothin' but nothin'. They all run like scared little rubbits. Run rabbit run!''
- Otis B. Driftwood

#20 User is offline   Jack Frost 

• Banned
  • View blog
  • LocationPirate Land

Posted 25 October 2011 - 09:56 PM

Craig and I found out this supposed Cursed TV Commercial from Japan. It's creepy. Seriously.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users