Horror movies discussion - Guts And Gory: Welcome - Horror movies discussion - Guts And Gory

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Welcome

#1 User is offline   admin 

• Administrator
  • View blog
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 08 February 2011 - 11:52 PM

Welcome to the new forums guys...
Lets get this place cooking...
-Matt

#2 User is offline   admin 

• Administrator
  • View blog

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:24 AM

Just let me know if any of you have any issues.
Cheers,
Matt

#3 User is offline   Fisal316 

• I am the one and only...
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • LocationWarrington. UK

Posted 28 March 2011 - 12:10 PM

View Postadmin, on 28 March 2011 - 10:24 AM, said:

Just let me know if any of you have any issues.
Cheers,
Matt

Looking cool Matt. Very State of the art, looking forward to further developments.

So what's going to happen to the old forum/ posts? Will they get transferred or deleted?

#4 User is offline   admin 

• Administrator
  • View blog

Posted 28 March 2011 - 01:17 PM

View PostFisal316, on 28 March 2011 - 12:10 PM, said:

Looking cool Matt. Very State of the art, looking forward to further developments.

So what's going to happen to the old forum/ posts? Will they get transferred or deleted?

Hi Fisal,

Not 100% sure. I may see if there is a way of transferring them, otherwise, my plan for now is to run this forum alongside until people make the transition fully. After which I will either remove the old boards or perhaps close them and keep them there for perusal atleast. For now I want current members to switch over and bed in here, familiarizing themselves with the interface and new features.

It goes without saying that this is a much superior forum. I'm looking forward to using the chat function and organising set chats etc. Maybe even try and get guests in once in a while.

Cheers,
Matt

#5 User is offline   machete_mike 

• I Pity The Fool
  • PipPipPipPip
  • LocationU.S.A.

Posted 28 March 2011 - 01:34 PM

Great job Matt! The forum looks great and I can't wait to get this place rocking again with the other Pitsters!
Long Live Team Dufus!!

#6 User is offline   crystal_lake_slasher 

• The Sharman Of Sexy
  • Group: Moderators
  • LocationManchester UK

Posted 28 March 2011 - 03:03 PM

Looks awesome, although very strange to get used to!!! can't wait till it feels like home!!! ( I was gonna put the clapping hand smiley here but he's gone :( )
TEAM DUFUS LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#7 User is offline   machete_mike 

• I Pity The Fool
  • PipPipPipPip
  • LocationU.S.A.

Posted 28 March 2011 - 03:10 PM

View Postcrystal_lake_slasher, on 28 March 2011 - 03:03 PM, said:

Looks awesome, although very strange to get used to!!! can't wait till it feels like home!!! ( I was gonna put the clapping hand smiley here but he's gone :( )

Yeah, definitely going to take getting used to, especially after going to the old site for years! lol
Long Live Team Dufus!!

#8 User is offline   Craig 

• Alba Gu BrĂ th
  • View blog

Posted 28 March 2011 - 03:13 PM

Wow, the place is looking great mate. Will take a few days to get used to it, but I like alot.

P.S. for anyone who doesn't know, this is SK2000, I was sick of that name so I decided to use my own name from now on lol.
You Can't Kill The Boogeyman

#9 User is offline   admin 

• Administrator
  • View blog

Posted 28 March 2011 - 03:15 PM

View PostCraig Foreman, on 28 March 2011 - 03:13 PM, said:

Wow, the place is looking great mate. Will take a few days to get used to it, but I like alot.

P.S. for anyone who doesn't know, this is SK2000, I was sick of that name so I decided to use my own name from now on lol.

Yeah guys, it will take some getting used to, but I am sure it won't be long before we all bed in and wouldn't go back to the ol' discus for anything!!!

Don't worry about the smileys, as soon as I have time I will add the ones we have from the old forums!

Check out the chat feature guys!

#10 User is offline   Jack Frost 

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • LocationPirate Land

Posted 29 March 2011 - 02:44 PM

I think there's no point transferring old threads and post from general Pit forum, since this would be running pretty fast anyway (you'll be surprised). Plus, it's OLD threads, which means usually no one post on them anymore.

The only threads that should be transfered in my opinion are ones from celebrities. Have you check out how Ronda is doing for Dante's posts and articles?

Ps. let the Bozco in, we'll have 30 new Halloween threads in no time. :D
You know you are a true horror fan when someone sees your DVD collection and accuse you of being a Satanist. :wub:

#11 User is offline   Matt 

• Hail to the king, baby
  • View blog
  • LocationScotland

Posted 29 March 2011 - 03:02 PM

yeah, i agree with jack... pastures new!
i think we should recreate threads on dick's forum for example. so it's an archive of sorts. will probably do the same for Andrew's in time. movie pic gallery threads etc. we shall see!

#12 User is offline   Jack Frost 

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • LocationPirate Land

Posted 29 March 2011 - 05:16 PM

Movie Poster gallery would be terrific! I have a dozens of scanned covers and posters (they can be found online) starting from Silent era to 2000+ just give me some time to dig them up. xD

Included are European, American and similar pack for Asian flicks. Note that not all of them are horror, but rather B production (exploitation, SF, horror mostly)

ps. we could also add some kind of a "notable B figures" either via blog or thread, which can have short bios and work of Directors (themes and techniques of his movies for eg) and actors\actresses... or even smaller "horror wikipedia" ;)
You know you are a true horror fan when someone sees your DVD collection and accuse you of being a Satanist. :wub:

#13 User is offline   Fisal316 

• I am the one and only...
  • PipPipPipPip
  • LocationWarrington. UK

Posted 29 March 2011 - 05:48 PM

How about showing off our collections of favourite autographs, collectibles etc. That would be cool to see what people are collecting in recent times :)

I've seen on other forums they have done it... :rolleyes:

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users