Guts and Gory » Dante Tomaselli » Fangoria Article.... « Previous Next »

Thread Original Poster Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

obsessed
Hell's Jailor
Username: obsessed

Post Number: 4505

Posted on Saturday, June 26, 2010 - 12:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

http://www.fangoria.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1255%3Adant e-tomaselli-wraps-and-raps-about-torture-chamber&catid=1%3Alatest-news&Itemid=16 7

Dante Tomaselli wraps and raps about “TORTURE CHAMBER”

The latest feature by SATAN’S PLAYGROUND’s Dante Tomaselli, TORTURE CHAMBER, has finished shooting, and the writer/director got in touch to let us know how it went and what to expect from the movie, which lensed in 19 days. “We filmed for hours on end in cold mines and darkened underground tunnels, constantly fighting the clock,” Tomaselli tells Fango.

The filmmaker (pictured with actress Raine Brown) goes on to state that TORTURE CHAMBER, which we previously reported on here, “definitely has more blood than any of my other films, but I didn’t go overboard. Sometimes gore doesn’t work—even in a movie called TORTURE CHAMBER—and suggestion is better. I tried to balance the in-your-face shocks with subtle, under-the-skin jolts; there are a number of sequences that are extremely emotionally violent. But this is a pure horror movie, and without a doubt, it’s my most violent film. The scenes of characters burning on a torture device known as The Stove are hard to watch. TORTURE CHAMBER has a new energy—darker and more brutal, more shadowy, tactile. Even though the budget was low, it has a kind of epic exuberance. I purposely shot the film at 2.35:1 so it would be very expansive, and I was able to feature a bigger canvas.”

The torture in TORTURE CHAMBER is committed by Jimmy Morgan, a 13-year-old boy possessed by a demonic presence, and a group of other kids he commands. “Since most of the movie’s leads are children, the shoot was adapted around child labor laws,” Tomaselli notes. “We had tutors on set and everything. Kids can only work a certain amount of hours, so the schedule was extremely rigid.”

Among his adult cast, he was especially thrilled to work with Lynn Lowry, from both versions of THE CRAZIES among many other horror features. “We had to somehow fly Lynn from California to New York in a tiny window of time. It seemed for a while that it might not work out; we had already lost Marilyn Burns due to scheduling conflicts. Lynn arrived on set the very first day of shooting, since her scene was first up. She and I had met about three years ago at my apartment in New Jersey, but seeing her on the set of my movie was a different thing. I was tickled—and in for a major treat, because Lynn shines in this part. Knocks it out of the park. On set, from the get-go, she was a total pro. Very open, very flexible, very bright. Lynn brought a depth and soul to the character that really startled me.” Look for more of Tomaselli’s comments on TORTURE CHAMBER and Lowry (who discusses this and her other recent fright features in Fango #295, on sale now) along with exclusive photos at this site soon, and see the movie’s MySpace page here and Tomaselli’s Facebook page here.
http://www.myspace.com/sistermadeline
You Will Burn in Hell...
http://www.myspace.com/torturechamberthemovie
Torture Chamber

serial_killer_2000
Long Live the Pit!
Username: serial_killer_2000

Post Number: 8832

Posted on Saturday, June 26, 2010 - 01:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Awesome
No one is perfect. However, being Scottish is close enough.

bloodyjill
Pit Citizen
Username: bloodyjill

Post Number: 111
Posted on Saturday, July 03, 2010 - 11:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

AWESOME!!!!

tina_hewitt
Pit Citizen
Username: tina_hewitt

Post Number: 108

Posted on Saturday, July 03, 2010 - 06:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That's great!! Awesome!!!
Proud member of the Hewitt family!!

obsessed
Hell's Jailor
Username: obsessed

Post Number: 4506

Posted on Saturday, July 03, 2010 - 08:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This is one of those threads that make me laugh and go "WTF?!". Guess I need to find the time to cruise the boards and see what the hell has been going on around here lately!
http://www.myspace.com/sistermadeline
You Will Burn in Hell...
http://www.myspace.com/torturechamberthemovie
Torture Chamber

bloodyjill
Pit Citizen
Username: bloodyjill

Post Number: 115
Posted on Sunday, July 04, 2010 - 05:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Awesome Obsessed!!!!

jack_frost
Long Live the Pit!
Username: jack_frost

Post Number: 6286

Posted on Monday, July 05, 2010 - 05:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Awesome!
“What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.”

hartter
Pit Pig
Username: hartter

Post Number: 10

Posted on Saturday, July 10, 2010 - 05:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

NICE
www.seanhartter.com

jack_frost
Long Live the Pit!
Username: jack_frost

Post Number: 6299

Posted on Saturday, July 10, 2010 - 08:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Go Dante Go! :)
“What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.”

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

PITOFHORROR.com