Guts and Gory » Dante Tomaselli » Dante's quotes... « Previous Next »

Thread Original Poster Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

jack_frost
Long Live the Pit!
Username: jack_frost

Post Number: 5759

Posted on Monday, February 15, 2010 - 10:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Few quotes from Dante:

"I loved the woods. I didn't need anyone with me. I was definitely a quintessential loner growing up. I felt uncomfortable with most social interactions. I was either eager and confident or I had no confidence at all. I played sports but I hated it. I always enjoyed retreating into my imagination. That's when I was happiest."

You sound exactly like me. Like mirror image. Freaky. I like the crowd, but I feel happiest when I am left alone with my mind.

"When you're trying your hardest to create your first feature and people around you are dragging you down, jealous, or whatever their reasons are, my advice is to drop those friends. They are energy vampires! Beware! Let the movie dominate...your passion for the movie, let it take over and obliterate everything. There are lots of chattering voices in your mind saying it's impossible. But it is possible. It really is."

Completely right. We could discuss once about those energy vampires. Two years ago, too much energy vampires completely "drained" me. Price to pay when you allow to much people to be around you. Now I am sticking to old regime, 3-4 very good friends and that's it.

"Yeah CGI works when you have a 100 million budget, like Lord of the Rings or something. Otherwise, I think it looks too cartoon-ish. When I want to watch a cartoon, I'll watch one. I like working with a real Special Make-up FX craftsman, not some person with a mouse."

"I saw the remake of The Amityville Horror on DVD and it looked like a TV commercial. Seriously, it was shot exactly like a TV commercial! Yuk! The remake craze is a double edged sword. On one hand it could give horror filmmakers like me a chance to work on a fairy large budget. On the other hand, there's something whorish about it. I don't know. I have mixed feelings about it all."

I know what you mean... I died laughing at the end of the movie... Worst ending line in history of movie making.

"My Grandma Rose Ruocco always had her Rosary Beads with her and seemed to be silently praying. She was a good person. At the same time, I felt detached from religion. I never experienced the faith. I was skeptical...The bible had talking snakes, walking on water...even though I was imaginative, it all became a jumble of confusion and doubt in my mind. I felt like I didn't buy it. Going to church became a very strange experience. I just felt detached...I always wondered what I was doing there, on my knees, chanting songs and praising, what appears to be a Ghost. I would stare at the architecture of the church. Where is God? I would try to talk to him but I ended up speaking with my imagination."

Wise woman once told me that true faith must be found. You must find in what you believe not what you are told to believe.

there's also wonderful quote from Oprah: "You become what you believe you will become, not what you think you will become"

"Satan's Playground is like a pretty lady with a knife. Don't trust the texture, the beauty, the smiles, there's something sinister lurking underneath."

beautiful. hot chicks are always evil in 007 movies, right? :)

"In 1975, I was 5. In 83, I was 13. So, I got to see all these great horror movies, the golden age of true horror, while I was a little kid growing up. It was an incredible time to be a horror fanatic. I was like the boy in Romero's Creepshow. My mother actually took me to see these 70's, early 80's movies because she knew how much I loved them. She enjoyed horror films too, actually. I'd cut out Ads from the newspaper, for movies like...It Lives Again, Prophecy, Phantasm, Invasion of The Body Snatchers and just...stare at them. I was in love with all of this stuff from early on."

Some of us still are. lol '70 and '80... golden age of horror flicks.
“What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.”

obsessed
Hell's Jailor
Username: obsessed

Post Number: 4474

Posted on Thursday, February 18, 2010 - 03:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Great quotes Jack! :)
http://www.myspace.com/sistermadeline
You Will Burn in Hell...
http://www.myspace.com/torturechamberthemovie
Torture Chamber

thejerseydevil
Long Live the Pit!
Username: thejerseydevil

Post Number: 4296

Posted on Friday, February 19, 2010 - 02:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

http://www.horrorthemovie.com

jack_frost
Long Live the Pit!
Username: jack_frost

Post Number: 5778

Posted on Tuesday, February 23, 2010 - 12:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Great quotes Jack!

I didn't even notice that Dante and I think alike in more then few fields.

Dante, my chair almost cracked when I read your comment about The Amityville Horror... I thought exactly the same, and ending was one of the worst I've ever seen. Can you remember the LAST LINE in the movie before the screen goes black?
“What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.”

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

PITOFHORROR.com